Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm genuinely interested, is there anyone on this site lurking that thinks he should carry on in the job? Anyone?

The second part of the sacking is that hard part though.

No point in firing someone if there isn't someone better to bring in.

"anyone is better than this clown" I hear you cry, like after all the sackings yet we keep plunging to new depths.

Ive genuinely no idea why good players and managers almost always go shit at Villa. Possibly because the "supports" call for the axe at the first sign of trouble.

1 minute ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm quite looking forward to hearing his post match interview.

I've got my Steve Bruce excuse bingo card at the ready....

I just know the 'ex Blues' line is going to come out of his mouth any day now.

The Hogan / Hourihane calamity will certainly be used as a "what could have been..."

Just now, Genie said:

"anyone is better than this clown" I hear you cry, like after all the sackings yet we keep plunging to new depths.

Ive genuinely no idea why good players and managers almost always go shit at Villa. Possibly because the "supports" call for the axe at the first sign of trouble.

Genie I've backed Bruce but this is a continuation of the end of last season. That's why he has to go. If we had appointed him in the summer then I'd agree with you.

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I'm quite looking forward to hearing his post match interview.

I've got my Steve Bruce excuse bingo card at the ready....

I just know the 'ex Blues' line is going to come out of his mouth any day now.

I've got " it's hard to play against ten men" and " the conditions were a leveller ", plus " unbeaten in four"..... then it's another Full House !!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

So you think 13th last season and sitting at 18th right now is acceptable? Over 15% of the season has been played. Promotion is the only acceptable outcome this season and we are no where near on track.

• Like 1

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Not really. 3 pts or not tonight, this lemon isn't building a promotion winning side.

Oh I agree completely - just think he will use it as an excuse to show how bad his luck is. 

I don't buy it at all - doesn't cover up the clear long-term failings in any way whatsoever. 

2 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So you think 13th last season and sitting at 18th right now is acceptable? Over 15% of the season has been played. Promotion is the only acceptable outcome this season and we are no where near on track.

Over 15% :(

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

I think almost anyone would be better. Any caretaker would be better. Terry as player manager would be better. So I'd be happy to go managerless for a few weeks while the right person is scouted or courted 

And each manager has had their own story. They've mostly gone to shit because of crap players from no funds available. The first time we have money and I think RDM was sacked early as we were playing well but couldn't score.

Bruce has had a whole season with plainly obvious shortcomings which aren't being fixed. He needs to go now. De Boer would be a great appointment if we could get him in.

Â