Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

Nothing weird maybe, just disgraceful. Any Villa fan hoping for a Middlesbrough win tonight should simply be ashamed of themselves. It's as straightforward as that as that. Will you be disappointed if we win? Totally unacceptable stance.

Lol

As you are clearly convinced you are the sole arbiter of what is wholesome and what is shameful I promise to report my feelings to you in the morning and, if I've considered it necessary to chastise myself, full pictorial evidence of said chastisement.

Feel better ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

As you are clearly convinced you are the sole arbiter of what is wholesome and what is shameful I promise to report my feelings to you in the morning and, if I've considered it necessary to chastise myself, full pictorial evidence of said chastisement.

Feel better ?

This made me chuckle. It also reminded me that football is still a game, and the sooner we get rid of Bruce the sooner we can start playing the game properly again.

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Feel better ?

I'm a little concerned as to what this pictorial evidence of chastisement may reveal. I'm as broad minded as the next man but I'm sure you can understand my concerns. Perhaps if the administering of the aforementioned punishment could be by a leggy temptress scantily clad in leather boots and not much else, then I can make a decision as to whether you are a proper Villa fan or not. As a guide;

Miss whiplash as mentioned above = Boro win. You're one of our own.

Butch female tennis player = Draw. You're still one of our own

Norah Batty look alike = Villa win by six and Bruce stays forever. You're still one of our own but you need serious help. 

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Some people are so narrow minded it's unreal saying fans aren't fans. Some of us can just see the bigger picture than just the next game.

I'd rather lose tonight to seal Steve Bruce's fate and hope to appoint a forward thinking attacking managers that goes to win 25+ games this season and get promoted. If Steve Bruce wins tonight, he'll have another 2 games that we will draw and lose.  Gaining 4 points out of 9. 

Bruce is clueless, open your eyes!

None of this is factual - you're just making things up (unless you're psychic?  Fair play, if so).  I can make stuff that can be positive, rather than negative, if you want.  Look:

If we win tonight, the tables will have turned and Steve Bruce will go on to win every single game for the rest of the season.  We'll be Champions.  Open your eyes!

The only thing I know, for sure, is that if we win, we get 3 points and this helps us move up the table.  Losing is worse, we get 0 points.

Steve Bruce was a sound appointment after Di Matteo, and look how things are going.  There's no way of knowing what may happen after Bruce leaves the club.  Thus, how can you actively want the team to lose?

This under 23 side would probably beat our first team right now......SB needs to find a way of utilising O'Hare and Doyle Hayes.....they have the guile to unlock defences with their quick feet and sharp reflexes, they see a pass much quicker than most.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Feel better ?

As I've mentioned before, most of the posts here today make Donald Trump look like a wise and balanced world leader.

The nonsense on here is unbelievable and getting worse.

I see that most sensible fans have deserted the thread so I'm off to join them.

Hope you get what you want tonight, a thumping big win for Middlesbrough, if only for your own peace of mind.

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

This under 23 side would probably beat our first team right now......SB needs to find a way of utilising O'Hare and Doyle Hayes.....they have the guile to unlock defences with their quick feet and sharp reflexes, they see a pass much quicker than most.

That's a good shout. Bruce needs to do something different if he hopes to survive. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, bobzy said:

None of this is factual - you're just making things up (unless you're psychic?  Fair play, if so).  I can make stuff that can be positive, rather than negative, if you want.  Look:

If we win tonight, the tables will have turned and Steve Bruce will go on to win every single game for the rest of the season.  We'll be Champions.  Open your eyes!

The only thing I know, for sure, is that if we win, we get 3 points and this helps us move up the table.  Losing is worse, we get 0 points.

Steve Bruce was a sound appointment after Di Matteo, and look how things are going.  There's no way of knowing what may happen after Bruce leaves the club.  Thus, how can you actively want the team to lose?

Of course it's hypothetical. Predictions are? Bookies make a living on people making wrong predictions. I was hypothesing. I could be right or wrong. 

Over the last 11 months Steve Bruce hasn't shown he'll do what you're saying... winning enough games to get us promoted. Hasn't he won 2 out of his last 12 league games? I can comfortably predict the right manager could do better than that. 

Steve was a sound appointment at the time, we all hypothesed he would get us up and it's looking like we got it wrong. Better to correct your mistakes than being ignorant and saying he still is the best man for the job. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomav84 said:

as palace have proven, one result doesnt change the manager's future either way. someone leaked the hodgson story to the press that's why you rarely hear of it, but i would be amazed if the board havent at least started a shortlist. de boer would have been sacked eventually (maybe not the next day) but in a week or 2 even if they beat burnley 5-0 sunday

in keeping with the current theme of the thread, 3 points every time, and 3 more saturday, and the one after that etc etc etc...no matter who is in charge, or who is on the pitch.

me too.

14 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

That's a good shout. Bruce needs to do something different if he hopes to survive. 

As you know VB i am not the anti Bruce kinda fan.....but I do think he is doing himself a disservive.

That debacle on Saturday and conversely the dismantling of Southampton last night by the under 23's (with them having first team defenders in) would suggest to any underfire manager......give them a go.

Assuming he stays .....he needs to be more intrepid, then the players might be.

Edited by TRO

14 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

As I've mentioned before, most of the posts here today make Donald Trump look like a wise and balanced world leader.

The nonsense on here is unbelievable and getting worse.

I see that most sensible fans have deserted the thread so I'm off to join them.

Hope you get what you want tonight, a thumping big win for Middlesbrough, if only for your own peace of mind.

Oh dear you've gone so you won't see this, never mind.

I recall you saying something similar just the other week about this thread and all the mad Bruceouters, who now make up the overwhelming majority it seems. Maybe it wasn't them that was mad ?

As regards tonight you have, either deliberately or due to the intellectual effort required, missed my point.

I have not said I " want a thumping big win for Boro". Although I do understand that if that's somehow what you have read I can see you would have found it so filthy and depraved.

I said IF losing means we get rid of Bruce and winning means keeping him I hope we lose.

As I cannot possibly know that will happen I will approach the game as any other and sing my grubby treasonous insane little heart out.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

I'm a little concerned as to what this pictorial evidence of chastisement may reveal. I'm as broad minded as the next man but I'm sure you can understand my concerns. Perhaps if the administering of the aforementioned punishment could be by a leggy temptress scantily clad in leather boots and not much else, then I can make a decision as to whether you are a proper Villa fan or not. As a guide;

Miss whiplash as mentioned above = Boro win. You're one of our own.

Butch female tennis player = Draw. You're still one of our own

Norah Batty look alike = Villa win by six and Bruce stays forever. You're still one of our own but you need serious help. 

Leggy temptress with leather boots and a Steve Bruce mask ;) 

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

As you know VB i am not the anti Bruce kinda fan.....but I do think he is doing himself a disservive.

Assuming he stays .....he needs to be more intrepid, then the players might be.

Exactly what I've been saying since January :).

Hes not a poor manager but he's got the approach wrong with us.

As one who waited for him to change it I can tell you you will be disappointed hoping for that bravery and 'intrepidness'.

Shame, because if he did it he could STILL save himself and us.

• Like 2

Â