Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Folski said:

At the end of the day, we are not going anywhere fast with Bruce. 6 points in 6 games is a brutal return.

We need a new manager, if we scrape a 1-0 win tonight it does us no long term favours.

Neither does it "do us any favours" if the players deliberately throw a match, which was the absurd suggestion I was commenting on.

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I expect a big loss tonight and bruce dismissed by tomorrow with terry as caretaker for barnsley

I can see all of this happening except for Terry being caretaker. That's never going to happen, imo.

I can see it—a Traore brace with Gestede getting the other one, 0-3.  

Edited by praisedmambo

1 minute ago, terrytini said:

Have your view but keep your moronic insults to yourself please.

If you're cheering on Middlesbrough tonight, you're not a Villa fan.

How that is "moronic" or even insulting is beyond me.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, bobzy said:

If you're cheering on Middlesbrough tonight, you're not a Villa fan.

How that is "moronic" or even insulting is beyond me.

You - and nobody else I've seen - mentioned " cheering boro on ".

But again actually, even if they did, it has no bearing on whether they are a fan.

I sing FOR Villa throughout every game ( and will tonight) but does that mean I can say the 25000 who sit there every week quiet as mice are not fans ?

Edited by terrytini

So if you knew that we would win tonight then go on to finish the season relegated to Div 1.

Or lose tonight and make it into the play-offs.

You would choose to win tonight every time? Because the reason people want us to lose is because they love Villa so much and they want what is best for us in the mid or long term.

Just now, Super-Villan said:

So if you knew that we would win tonight then go on to finish the season relegated to Div 1.

You would choose to win tonight every time? Because the reason people want us to lose is because they love Villa so much and they want what is best for us in the mid or long term.

What if winning tonight meant we'd get automatic promotion and then win the Premier League next season!?!?32!/

6 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Have your view but keep your moronic insults to yourself please.

In what sense is that a "moronic insult"?

Kindly explain how a Villa fan can hope for a defeat tonight?

Worse still, hope the players deliberately lose?

There possibly IS a moronic element to some of the posts today but not I think from those who are questioning why self-professed Villa fans should want their team to lose and their players to cheat.

Have a feeling we could get trounced 5-0 tonight and Bruce would still be here for the next game, and the game after that, and...

I get the feeling our football people want to keep Bruce no matter what, and I still think they have Xia's ear. Sadly.

After having watched 11 months of this and not decided to act it would be strange if one more loss, draw or win would make much difference for them.

The results have differed some during his time here, but the performances have been pretty much the same. This is what you get under Steve Bruce.

I don't want us to lose as there is still time for a new manager to come in and turn this around. But at the same time it will IMO take something spectacular for Bruce to be sacked.

And him gone ASAP is the only way we any chance what so ever to gain promotion.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Super-Villan said:

Since it's not possible to "know" either of these things, this is a non-question.

Just now, bobzy said:

What if winning tonight meant we'd get automatic promotion and then win the Premier League next season!?!?32!/

Yes but you've spectacularly missed the point.

Just now, briny_ear said:

There possibly IS a moronic element to some of the posts today but not I think from those who are questioning why self-professed Villa fans should want their team to lose and their players to cheat.

See my explanations over the last few pages.

As the last I knew you were pretty set against anyone wanting Bruce gone you may well not be as convinced of the need for him to go.

BUT it's a reasonable enough proposition to say IF you think he must go, and IF you think a Win prevents or delays that, you could want a defeat.

Its not complicated. Like cutting off a leg to stop gangrene. An awful choice, but rooted in logic.

Again, I have no problem if someone doesn't take that view, but there's nothing wierd about it.

4 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

However i DO agree that the players losing deliberately would not be desirable at all.

2 minutes ago, briny_ear said:

Since it's not possible to "know" either of these things, this is a non-question.

Not at all. The point was that people who want Bruce out believe that keeping him on is more likely to result in relegation and getting a new manager allows a much better chance of promotion. To call people who want Villa to have a better chance of getting back to the prem (in their opinions) NOT Villa fans is ridiculous.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Yes but you've spectacularly missed the point.

See my explanations over the last few pages.

As the last I knew you were pretty set against anyone wanting Bruce gone you may well not be as convinced of the need for him to go.

BUT it's a reasonable enough proposition to say IF you think he must go, and IF you think a Win prevents or delays that, you could want a defeat.

Its not complicated. Like cutting off a leg to stop gangrene. An awful choice, but rooted in logic.

Again, I have no problem if someone doesn't take that view, but there's nothing wierd about it.

Nothing weird maybe, just disgraceful. Any Villa fan hoping for a Middlesbrough win tonight should simply be ashamed of themselves. It's as straightforward as that as that. Will you be disappointed if we win? Totally unacceptable stance.

Some people are so narrow minded it's unreal saying fans aren't fans. Some of us can just see the bigger picture than just the next game.

I'd rather lose tonight to seal Steve Bruce's fate and hope to appoint a forward thinking attacking managers that goes to win 25+ games this season and get promoted. If Steve Bruce wins tonight, he'll have another 2 games that we will draw and lose.  Gaining 4 points out of 9. 

Bruce is clueless, open your eyes!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

Â