Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So without Bergkamp , Arsene would of had them playing in the same manner has George Graham's Arsenal ?

My point is he had far,far, better players from the off.

1 minute ago, TRO said:

My point is he had far,far, better players from the off.

You said Bergkamp, that's singular ,and you know very well regardless of the players ,Wenger ain't playing no direct football ,Why ? Because its not very pleasing on the eye. 

12 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

So without Bergkamp , Arsene would of had them playing in the same manner has George Graham's Arsenal ?

He didn't transform them straight away from memory. He had to get his players in (Viera at first) then Overmars and Petit the following summer plus a few others. 

Plus Arsenal weren't in the relegation zone of the 2nd division when he took over... they had finished 5th the season before. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xela said:

He didn't transform them straight away from memory. He had to get his players in (Viera at first) then Overmars and Petit the following summer plus a few others. 

Plus Arsenal weren't in the relegation zone of the 2nd division when he took over... they had finished 5th the season before. 

Trust me , he had them passing the ball from Day one because that's how he likes his teams to play .

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

Trust me , he had them passing the ball from Day one because that's how he likes his teams to play .

The way he likes his teams to play......can't win the league.

He has many of his fans doubting his ability to win the league.....despite his pleasing on the eye football

I don't think He is very good example to further your argument, due to the gulf in the individual quality of the players.

Steve Bruce has his way of arresting our demise,despite what we think and at the moment he is winning matches.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, TRO said:

If we had of passed them to death and had more corners etc, etc.

but still won 2-0

would you have been happier?

I guess you would, but to what end.

No idea what your point is. If you go to a game and it's not good to watch but you win and then are happy at the result should you stay at home and just look at the score to save going through it? Personally I want to go to the games I want us to try to play good attacking successful football. I'm guessing I'm in the majority on this so what's wrong with questioning Bruce? Bruce will get us up next year I just hope he can improve the football along the way.

11 minutes ago, TRO said:

The way he likes his teams to play......can't win the league.

He has many of his fans doubting his ability to win the league.....despite his pleasing on the eye football

I don't think He is very good example to further your argument, due to the gulf in the individual quality of the players.

Steve Bruce has his way of arresting our demise,despite what we think and at the moment he is winning matches.

. , Man City ,  Liverpool and Spurs ,all play attractive football, and I guarantee the supporters of those clubs wouldn't trade that for anything . What is the problem with me wanting the team I support to play attractive football? If Bournemouth can ,then so can we .

25 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

. , Man City ,  Liverpool and Spurs ,all play attractive football, and I guarantee the supporters of those clubs wouldn't trade that for anything . What is the problem with me wanting the team I support to play attractive football? If Bournemouth can ,then so can we .

My old man's a spurs fan. I just asked him "would you mind Spurs playing boring, long ball football if it meant winning the champions league?" his response was "we could field 11 goalkeepers for all I care if it meant we won the champions league".

Turns out some of them would trade for the right price.

• Like 1

Don't hear any Chelski supporters complaining after they 1-0 their way to the league a few years back. (I'm not being literal either)

How many times last season did Leicester have more than 50% of the possession. Bet their fans don't give a toss. 

If all some of you have left to try and slate SB is because we aren't playing tika taka then you don't know how good you've got it. 

The only stat I care to remember each morning I wake up is we have taken 18 out of the last 21 points. Brings a smile every time.

Some of you should try it. I mean being happy that is. Or maybe after being miserable for the last 6 years you don't know any other way. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Godders said:

My old man's a spurs fan. I just asked him "would you mind Spurs playing boring, long ball football if it meant winning the champions league?" his response was "we could field 11 goalkeepers for all I care if it meant we won the champions league".

Turns out some of them would trade for the right price.

Don't scrape the barrel, its embarrassing. 

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

If my memory serves me correct ,I don't recall Arsene Wenger having to take his time for Arsenal to play attractive football ,and that was with a side who had previously played very direct . If that's how a manager wants his team to play ,that's how they play. 

But you need to look at the bigger picture di matteo came in and got us playing attractive football straight away and look how that worked out. Bruce has came into a club where there confidence is as low as it can be, the club has been in a massive decline over the course of 5 years or so. What I am most happy to see is the fact the players are starting to believe in themselves and the confidence is coming back the players we have now are actually proud to be wearing a villa shirt. Bruce has gotten rid of the goals we were conceding in the last 5 mins of pretty much every game under di matteo and has actually got the players scoring in the last 5 instead. I think the things Bruce has done behind the scenes with these players and this club is massive. I was against him coming to us after di matteo was sacked but I'm so happy I was completely wrong about him.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

One thing I've noticed is exactly how happy Arsenal fans are about their manager's style of play :rolleyes:

Snap. That's just it. They were happy with beautiful football until they started losing. 

Now they just want to win again. 

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

The beautiful Aston Villa in my eyes is one that is winning football matches (preferably on TV) with Villa park full and really noisy so I can hear the singing. 

That is the prettiest AVFC I could ever imagine. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

Don't scrape the barrel, its embarrassing. 

Dude....you're posting cack ridden bottom of the barrel Arsenal comparison posts. The title is yours my old son.

Not a smidgen of sense in your point. Chalk and cheese.

10 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

How much have they won in that time? Now, I know it's a lot more than Villa but for the wages and money they pay to and for players you would have expected them to have won more. I'm sure their fans would say the same! 

I'm pretty certain that Arsenal fans would rather have 30% possession and win 6 in every 7 games. 

• Like 1

Â