Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, JE- said:

No the low thing is saying 'Bruce' is 11th in a desperate attempt to justify his position 

When he doesn't get us up next season... I'm sure alot of peope who are not overly committing with their thoughts will soon change their tune 

I've been trying to work out precisely what it is that I find so beguiling about you and I think I've finally worked it out. It's your absurd and now (quite frankly) utterly boring absolute certainty and the fact that you just keep saying the same thing again and again. However, I've had a break through, you are actually right, it's time for Steve Bruce to go. I'm not going to give him a chance because I've been persuaded by your passionate and well argued insights. Quite frankly, I'm amazed I took this long to realise I was wrong and you were right all along. Because your opinion.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

next season no excuses - promotion is a must and should we not be up in the top group come October I would expect swift action.

Putting my "Bruce" opinion by side.

IF AVFC give him the rest of the season (Wyness -> regardless where we finish - hopefully not in L1) AND a preseason, money for players and untill October (as you stated) What happens then when we are not in that top group?

Needless to say Bruce will go and Mr NextNewExcuseMan will come in, If he doesnt hit the ground running, he can always claim

1) I havent had a preseason

2) I havent had a window yet (to buy my styled players)

3) give me time to "Turn it around" a preseason, my players.....

So its rinse & repeat another season goes by......

Now all the arguements of

1) past promotions

2) Stability

3) Bruce will turn it around

4)............etc

Absolute bollox

He cant "Turn himself around" he is what he is, he plays like he plays and thats it.

It either works where he is or it doesnt

Its not working here and he has shown NO signs of playing other than his tried & trusted way.

We are not BCFC, we are also not Hull FC, We are not Palace, Hudds, SheffU or F***** Wigan ffs

I fail to see the similarities in these Shite clubs compared to ours. The Culture, status, Geographic, Logistically, Financially and the expectation of the club & fans. Add the fact of where we've been (PL) for the last 20 or so years, those clubs where Bruce has been and the clubs around our position atm and the other clubs do not compare to us. Even some of the shit currently in the PL.

We are a Big club. A Monster. Only ManU & Liverpool are bigger in Tradition and Standing. Arsenal, Chelsea, ManC & Spurs have comparable capacity (only Chelsea equaling our status as Champions of Europe). Forest had Clough and doubled it (Incredible achievement) As of the now status, only Everton & Toon can be held in esteem with our potential & capacity. That is how big we are as a club in the grand scheme of things.

So we're scraping around with a manager who is known for dull football and we're being dominated in games and/or beaten by the likes of Brentford, Cardiff, Norwich, BristolC, Barnsley and Ipswich FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrT needs to make it known who we are, what we are and where we want to go.

Surely some mini-God of a manager is out there willing of the challenge?

26 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Needless to say Bruce will go and Mr NextNewExcuseMan will come in, If he doesnt hit the ground running, he can always claim

Apologies for butchering your post, in all honestly on point 2, I really don't think he could pull off that excuse, he pretty much just got a "summer transfer window" in January.

I agree with you on the "Mini-god" of a manager, but the problem with that is it is another "uncertainty".

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

You know why Bruce is such a poor appointment? Because it completely divided the fans 

When was the last time we all could properly get behind a manager that was good for us? 

That's when you know the right managerial appointment is made 

3 minutes ago, JE- said:

You know why Bruce is such a poor appointment? Because it completely divided the fans 

When was the last time we all could properly get behind a manager that was good for us? 

That's when you know the right managerial appointment is made 

Lambert says hi

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Putting my "Bruce" opinion by side.

IF AVFC give him the rest of the season (Wyness -> regardless where we finish - hopefully not in L1) AND a preseason, money for players and untill October (as you stated) What happens then when we are not in that top group?

3) give me time to "Turn it around" a preseason, my players.....

So its rinse & repeat another season goes by......

Now all the arguements of

1) past promotions

2) Stability

3) Bruce will turn it around

4)............etc

Absolute bollox

He cant "Turn himself around" he is what he is, he plays like he plays and thats it.

It either works where he is or it doesnt

Its not working here and he has shown NO signs of playing other than his tried & trusted way.

We are not BCFC, we are also not Hull FC, We are not Palace, Hudds, SheffU or F***** Wigan ffs

I fail to see the similarities in these Shite clubs compared to ours. The Culture, status, Geographic, Logistically, Financially and the expectation of the club & fans. Add the fact of where we've been (PL) for the last 20 or so years, those clubs where Bruce has been and the clubs around our position atm and the other clubs do not compare to us. Even some of the shit currently in the PL.

We are a Big club. A Monster. Only ManU & Liverpool are bigger in Tradition and Standing. Arsenal, Chelsea, ManC & Spurs have comparable capacity (only Chelsea equaling our status as Champions of Europe). Forest had Clough and doubled it (Incredible achievement) As of the now status, only Everton & Toon can be held in esteem with our potential & capacity. That is how big we are as a club in the grand scheme of things.

So we're scraping around with a manager who is known for dull football and we're being dominated in games and/or beaten by the likes of Brentford, Cardiff, Norwich, BristolC, Barnsley and Ipswich FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!

DrT needs to make it known who we are, what we are and where we want to go.

Perhaps all of them would have got more than 3 wins in the prem last season.:)

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TRO said:

Perhaps all of them would have got more than 3 wins in the prem last season.:)

would have

could have

no doubt about it Aston Villa should have got more than 3 wins.

We were held to ransom by Lerner.

Quite the opposite by DrT (for the now)

We should simply be doing better

Continuing the revolving door of managers isn't going to see us improve.

You need time to build something, and Bruce knows how to get to the Premier League from this division. It certainly wont just happen because "we're Aston Villa, we're a big club". Nobody else gives a shit about how big a club we are. It will happen because we choose the right manager and back him in over the long terms

More importantly, Bruce doesn't have to be the manager that we win the Champions League with. We're not going to attract a truly world class manager while we're in the Championship and turning over managers like nobody's business. Our club is recovering from being utterly broken from top to bottom. Bruce is capable of getting us out of this division, and when he does we'll give him a run at the Premier League and then move him on if he's not suitable

6 minutes ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

Continuing the revolving door of managers isn't going to see us improve.

You need time to build something, and Bruce knows how to get to the Premier League from this division. It certainly wont just happen because "we're Aston Villa, we're a big club". Nobody else gives a shit about how big a club we are. It will happen because we choose the right manager and back him in over the long terms

More importantly, Bruce doesn't have to be the manager that we win the Champions League with. We're not going to attract a truly world class manager while we're in the Championship and turning over managers like nobody's business. Our club is recovering from being utterly broken from top to bottom. Bruce is capable of getting us out of this division, and when he does we'll give him a run at the Premier League and then move him on if he's not suitable

Actually continuing to employ managers who are not good for us is not going to work...

Bruce is not the right manager for the long term and especially not in the prem so why not look for a manager that can be good enough for both? Newcastle kept rafa for this division why can't we if we are the bigger club? 

• Like 2

Just now, JE- said:

Actually continuing to employ managers who are not good for us is not going to work...

Bruce is not the right manager for the long term and especially not in the prem so why not look for a manager that can be good enough for both? Newcastle kept rafa for this division why can't we if we are the bigger club? 

Here's the thing. In 2017, we're not a bigger club than Newcastle. I know it will hurt to hear it but the only people who think we're a bigger club than Newcastle right now are our own supporters. We haven't won a trophy in more than 20 years and we're playing in the Championship.

Bruce was the best available manager who was willing to manage a Championship side. We aren't going to be able to attract a Champions League quality manager in our current state and it's alarmingly unrealistic to think we can until we're at least in the Premier League. The amount of managers we've gone through in the past couple of seasons make us an even less attractive prospect.

Bruce is capable of getting us to the Premier League. He's done it before with a lot less backing than he has now. Let's give him a couple of seasons to build. Just assuming it will happen because we've historically been a big club is why Leeds haven't been in the Premier League for 13 years. They've averaged a new manager every year in that time.

Unless a superstar manager is available and is willing to manage us, we need to trust that we've got a guy who can get us to the Premier League and back him in.

• Like 2

all the logic in the world can be laid on the table and nearly EVERYONE will agree with it.

But if the ingredient "Manager" is the wrong one, all the logic, time and patience wont help.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

You're not challenging anyone's thinking.

You're writing lies and speculation and when anyone challenges YOU, usually with actual evidence or logic to back up their opinions, you ignore it and/or move the goalposts.

Exactly. There's a couple in here I've blocked. Not because I disagree with them, but they are posters who 1) can't debate and 2) aren't even willing to. It's just "THIS IS MY OPINION I THINK IT THEREFORE IT IS FACT EVEN WHEN ITS PROVEN NOT TO BE FACT FINGERS IN EARS NANANANA I CANT HEAR YOU"

• Like 3

Â