Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

8 minutes ago, JE- said:

Literally its not.. It's an exaggerated comment.. That's what it is 

If you have doubts about  Bruce I havent seen them recently.. So I can't comment all I can see is you completely backing him to the hilt to be honest 

Again, not true.

Defending him against your lies is not backing him to the hilt. You're making stuff up.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, JE- said:

Here is my other lie I said about bruce having funds before which people claim he did not on here.. Many others you can use too 

This is GENUINELY amazing. You've deliberately cut off the end of that passage which mentions how they recovered (when Bruce was given time, FANCY THAT) and went on to gain promotion that season :crylaugh: 

Here's the rest

but the team responded with a 1–0 victory over Derby County,[139] and then recorded a further five consecutive league victories to be joint leaders of the league table by late November.[140][141] On 29 April 2007, Birmingham secured promotion to the Premier League

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JE- said:

Proven by his own words 'I'll always play 2 up top and that will never change' says it all even though the only success he's actually had is when we have had only one up top.. Incredible 

Is that a real quote? Probably not. I guess it doesn't matter :D 

17 minutes ago, JE- said:

You mean you don't commit to a proper opinion on Bruce so when he messes up you can slide off that other side of the fence and say hello he was crap see I was right all along.. Or if he gets us up you can come down on like  ton of bricks to folks who don't rate him and say the same thing? 

Sorry but this don't wash with me I see right through it 

It's clear as day by the responses I'm getting that Bruce is getting massive defence based on past glory rather than what he is actually achieving at villa which is a disgraceful league position playing disgraceful football 

I've asked the question twice now to disprove your point.. I'm happy to sit back and hear all the reason why Bruce is a good appointment if you take away talking about just promotions.. What other qualitys does the guy possess? 

What is a proper opinion then? Being vehemently on one side or another? 

In a sport that can change from month to month and game to game "sitting on the fence" as you call it is simply being open minded.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JE- said:

You mean you don't commit to a proper opinion on Bruce so when he messes up you can slide off that other side of the fence and say hello he was crap see I was right all along.. Or if he gets us up you can come down on like  ton of bricks to folks who don't rate him and say the same thing? 

Sorry but this don't wash with me I see right through it 

It's clear as day by the responses I'm getting that Bruce is getting massive defence based on past glory rather than what he is actually achieving at villa which is a disgraceful league position playing disgraceful football 

I've asked the question twice now to disprove your point.. I'm happy to sit back and hear all the reason why Bruce is a good appointment if you take away talking about just promotions.. What other qualitys does the guy possess? 

It's actually not possible to debate with someone who struggles for consistency in stringing sentences together, let alone arguments.

Firstly, what does, "I've asked the question now twice to disprove the point", actually mean? Most probably a Freudian slip.

Secondly, Villa's league position and or style of play are not really 'disgraceful' are they because that is a ridiculous overreaction. They are both 'disappointing' but for anyone with a shred of common sense, they are also 'to be expected' given the circumstances of recent years.

Thirdly, your view is no more 'proper' than anyone elses simply because you come down firmly for or against something and that's the thing you just don't get.

I have no wish to engage with you on the matter of Steve Bruce because you've said it all...

Steve Bruce may or may not be right and criticism is valid and part of the beauty of football. When it appears ill founded, rash or over critical it can become destructive to the club.For me Bruce is clearly the best available , given the facts and figures, at 'championship promotion' . Its not however pretty..

For fans to help they must support the manager of Aston Villa and trust the powers that be to make the right reason based decisions. I'm glad that the Dr is not a fan who make decisions based on emotion, if it was me I would have sacked Bruce 3 times this season and RDM twice. 

• Like 2

I'm still not hearing his other qualities folks amongst all the words I'm looking at

I'm not putting my point across I'm asking to be persuaded.. Again I'm open to your thoughts

2 minutes ago, JE- said:

Yea he said it in a press conference before derby I think 

You think?

He said it before a game where he played one up front? And then played one up front for the 3 games after that?

Seems strange.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

You think?

He said it before a game where he played one up front? And then played one up front for the 3 games after that?

Seems strange.

He was losing that many games b admitted it was the wrong thing to do so he ssaid he is going back to the formation that won us games... But he insists he will always play 2 up top and that will never change because that's what he has done for 20 years. 

Hes played one up top because he feel he has to 

Again a complete dinasour who doesn't understand the modern game..

31 minutes ago, JE- said:

Literally its not.. It's an exaggerated comment.. That's what it is 

If you have doubts about  Bruce I havent seen them recently.. So I can't comment all I can see is you completely backing him to the hilt to be honest 

Is it based on recent results.? Do you flip flop when he wins a game then loses? Seem it. I was skeptical from the start.. When he started he made me think maybe he isn't as bad as I feared.. Then he got his own way in Jan and screwed up our chances of getting out this league this season.. So it cemented my concerns and now he should be shown the exit door end of the season.. Next season will only be harder for us not easier.. He's proven he makes far too many mistakes these days.. Football has moved on and unfortunately for bruce he hasn't moved with it and never will.. Proven by his own words 'I'll always play 2 up top and that will never change' says it all even though the only success he's actually had is when we have had only one up top.. Incredible 

You accuse people of "flip flopping when he wins a game then loses" then follow it up by saying you were skeptical initially, less so after the good start but then back to skeptical when things went to shit over xmas/NY.

Pot. Kettle. Black.

Â