Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, villarocker said:

I watched us last night and we hardly tried to close down the opposition in their third - the ball came forward way too easily! 

Yes, we don't......but conversley .....we get easily closed down.

this is why, i question our work rate.....we huff and puff to no avail,its just token.

Ferdinand and scholes, were making similar claims regarding Man U.....questioning their workrate.interesting how they praised Snodgrasses workrate, when he came on.I think we have similar problems, but at a different level of football.

we play like its a testimonial.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

We may be 6 points off the top but we are also only 8 points from relegation zone. 

In the League:

Di Matteo: P10, W1, D7, L2

Bruce: P10, W3, D5, L2

So a last gasp miracle winner against Wigan and a training match win against Rotherham have saved Bruce so far as otherwise he isn’t doing any better than RDM in my view who was sacked one game after this point after losing his 11th league match. Just as clueless, more lopsided squad and the football/style/plan is just as bad imo (arguably worse) but Bruce has had 2 years to sort us out as opposed RDM’s couple of months.

• Like 1

There are 2 sporting teams playing on the tellybox at the moment. They are called Chelsea and Liverpool. Does anyone know what game are playing please because it's not a sport I am familiar with.

Edited by sidcow
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mantis said:

Even if Pulis was available, I wouldn't want him. Yes he's better at getting results but I'm just so tired of the turgid football we've had to put up with for all these years. I don't expect us to go after some dogmatic tiki-taka manager, but someone who isn't stuck in the 70s/80s and who isn't afraid to try and win games sometimes is a must.

Pulls and Boro are a perfect match. A primitive man in a primitive land.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Pulis might not be eveyones cup of tea but he has done what bruce has failed to do in half the time.

Bruce out

We want to move forward, not sideways. He's a terrible manager, who plays terrible football.  That's why he's never managed a big club. Water finds it's own level.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ingram85 said:

We may be 6 points off the top but we are also only 8 points from relegation zone. 

In the League:

Di Matteo: P10, W1, D7, L2

Bruce: P10, W3, D5, L2

So a last gasp miracle winner against Wigan and a training match win against Rotherham have saved Bruce so far as otherwise he isn’t doing any better than RDM in my view who was sacked one game after this point after losing his 11th league match. Just as clueless, more lopsided squad and the football/style/plan is just as bad imo (arguably worse) but Bruce has had 2 years to sort us out as opposed RDM’s couple of months.

So weird that RDM got just 11 games while Bruce got 100 despite leaving us in the exact same spot.

When RDM was sacked I thought Xia and the board were serious about promotion and weren't playing  around. They seemed quite content with "thereabouts" ever since though.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, villabromsgrove said:

We're tip toeing around this broken man who wrongly believes that he's doing much better than we give him credit for. He's deluded.

He's not delusional.

He's an incapable liar who knows exactly what he's doing. He wants to leave but doesn't want to lose the payoff. Don't particularly blame him for that.

As well as all the other damage he's doing, our "easy" start to the season is being used up. When he gets sacked, the new man has to pick us up off the floor and content with a brutal Christmas fixture list.

This is akin to Garde being given Sherwood's hospital pass.

We've got max two games to get a new man in with the hope he can get some momentum from Swansea/Norwich/QPR/Bolton. After that it's Derby/Blues/Forest/Boro/WBA/Stoke/Leeds.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TRO said:

Its procrastination in its darkest form.....He is not going to turn this around its plainly obvious.

If he had Kane and Vardy up front.....the results would be the same.

Its over......and the sooner it gets dealt with the bettter for all concerned including him.

That's the thing, in a way we all knew what we was signing up for with Bruce, we knew the football wasn't going to be sexy, wasn't going to be fast paced, one thing we did know it's most of the time he was going to make it so we were tough to beat. However tough to beat we are, is also tough to swallow when wins are not happening. Cant justify keeping a manager on if all that is coming out the woodwork are draws, the occasional win and loss, cant justify it at all unless the owners said they were happy with a season full of draws.

It certainly doesn't help us move villa on from Steve when you have articles that come out and say: Steve Bruce is like mcdonalds, you know what your getting which is a solid defensive manager at premium price (chequebook).

That paragraph above basically says that no matter the price a club pays for a premium manager, even at draws and no wins, you are getting a premium bundle which is what we asked for. So it's as if we signed up for a potential Steve Bruce coming along and not going for promotion and to hell with that said promotion because our premium buy contains safety instead which while were sorting villa out, they're mite be those that may well say safety would be key at this moment in time.

It's never a dull picture at VILLA is it now.

37 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

He's not delusional.

He's an incapable liar who knows exactly what he's doing. He wants to leave but doesn't want to lose the payoff. Don't particularly blame him for that.

As well as all the other damage he's doing, our "easy" start to the season is being used up. When he gets sacked, the new man has to pick us up off the floor and content with a brutal Christmas fixture list.

This is akin to Garde being given Sherwood's hospital pass.

We've got max two games to get a new man in with the hope he can get some momentum from Swansea/Norwich/QPR/Bolton. After that it's Derby/Blues/Forest/Boro/WBA/Stoke/Leeds.

Its not about the opposition, its about us....there is no team in theory we need to fear.

but unfortunately playing like we are, we need to fear everyone.

basic elements of the game are missing from our offerings.

we need to get our act together.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

So weird that RDM got just 11 games while Bruce got 100 despite leaving us in the exact same spot.

I may be wrong but i think that is why RDM has been talked about over the last x amount of pages. 

I don't think there are many that were sad to see RDM go, rather that many of us felt early on that Bruce was also the wrong man, so it's just curiosity as why Bruce has been given an extra 90 games. 

9 minutes ago, TRO said:

Its not about the opposition, its about us....there is no team in theory we need to fear.

but unfortunately playing like we are, we need to fear everyone.

basic elements of the game are missing from our offerings.

we need to get our act together.

Couldn't agree more mate. This league is shit, our squad should be up there. 

The whole approach has been wrong since relegation. The idea that you just sign the best players and leave them to it is insane, we haven't built a team, we have individuals. 

That said, they are good individuals (relative to the competition), and a good manager should be able to gel them into something better than they have ever shown. 

7 minutes ago, striker said:

Just wondering did any Villa supporter expect to be 15th at this point of the season with Bruce retaining his job?

No. Looking at those fixtures I thought top 6 no dramas depending on how other teams started maybe top 2. Even though it's only 2 points off 6th place, the performances we have given along with the line ups, substitutions and match interviews have been completely unacceptable. I'll be shocked if he's still here after next international break. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

Couldn't agree more mate. This league is shit, our squad should be up there. 

The whole approach has been wrong since relegation. The idea that you just sign the best players and leave them to it is insane, we haven't built a team, we have individuals. 

That said, they are good individuals (relative to the competition), and a good manager should be able to gel them into something better than they have ever shown. 

They always said this was one hell of a tough league to get out of and now we are finding it. Teams have been here for time, they have fine tuned themselves over half a decade and longer. I think our impatience is also going side by side with our eagerness to get back to the top flight, which in turn is also showing a no tolerance towards having a manager like bruce (which I'm not defending by the way) who needs more time like alot of these clubs in this league have had to fine tune themselves , yet our desperation is showing for demanding results, i just hope all that does not cost us in the long run. We are showing that we as a club are trying to by pass half a decade or longer of potentially staying in this league, by not staying and fine tuning our club over x amount of seasons. Most teams who come into this league certainly would be happy for bruce to be pulling these results out, it is kind of offering safety.

Â