Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, TRO said:

Its just so bloody ironic that as soon as an opportunity,presents itself, like this league at the moment......we can't capitalise.

we just seem so bloody predictable in just about every aspect of the club.

You should know by now that this is the story of our Aston Villa supporting lives.

• Sad 1

The owners needed to pull the trigger in the international break, but now we are virtually in October, it has now become urgent. The million dollar question is however, have they identified their man?

• Like 2

15th considering the low standard of the league this season is abysmal.

Would love to know why the owners are waiting and letting the games pass by.

We're on course to finish on around 65 points, very similar to 16/17 and we were miles off top 6 so that should be a warning to Nas and Wes.

14 minutes ago, striker said:

Just wondering did any Villa supporter expect to be 15th at this point of the season with Bruce retaining his job?

I was hoping we was a promotional runaway team, but to be honest sort of new this season would look different on points to last. Certainly didn't think we would be that same team as last season but would be a different sort of challenge to teams.

When I read the words from when Nas and Wes came in, it all most certainly backed what bruce has played so far, they said this season was going to be tough, that we would have our ups and downs and that we could well be in this league next season.

16 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They always said this was one hell of a tough league to get out of and now we are finding it. Teams have been here for time, they have fine tuned themselves over half a decade and longer. I think our impatience is also going side by side with our eagerness to get back to the top flight, which in turn is also showing a no tolerance towards having a manager like bruce (which I'm not defending by the way) who needs more time like alot of these clubs in this league have had to fine tune themselves , yet our desperation is showing for demanding results, i just hope all that does not cost us in the long run. We are showing that we as a club are trying to by pass half a decade or longer of potentially staying in this league, by not staying and fine tuning our club over x amount of seasons. Most teams who come into this league certainly would be happy for bruce to be pulling these results out, it is kind of offering safety.

I think you make some good points Dave, and I think you are on to something..

However, the problem is, despite the disruptions, he has had nigh on 3 seasons.

If it was a tweak here or a tweak there i would have empathy, most previous posts have proved that......I have defended him.....but its like waiting for a bus thats not coming.

We have all seen enough, there is no more to see or wait for, the odd blip with a few wins maybe......but a consistent winning run with defence and attack operating in unison, is not coming......its stop, start, patchy football that is anything but cohesive, its like a fog of individual players working on their own to make it work.....like an orchestra without a conductor, who fancy having their own way to make their mark.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you make some good points Dave, and I think you are on to something..

However, the problem is, despite the disruptions, he has had nigh on 3 seasons.

If it was a tweak here or a tweak there i would have empathy, most previous posts have proved that......I have defended him.....but its like waiting for a bus thats not coming.

We have all seen enough, there is no more to see or wait for, the odd blip with a few wins maybe......but a consistent winning run with defence and attack operating in unison, is not coming......its stop, start, patchy football that is anything but cohesive, its like a fog of individual players working on their own to make it work.....like an orchestra without a conductor, who fancy having their own way to make their mark.

I think there is some truth to this also, but the big clubs bounce straight back eg Newcastle etc. Villa were in a mess though and our early transfer business made it worse, but we should have bounced back last season. Bruce had his window.

26 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

They always said this was one hell of a tough league to get out of and now we are finding it. Teams have been here for time, they have fine tuned themselves over half a decade and longer. I think our impatience is also going side by side with our eagerness to get back to the top flight, which in turn is also showing a no tolerance towards having a manager like bruce (which I'm not defending by the way) who needs more time like alot of these clubs in this league have had to fine tune themselves , yet our desperation is showing for demanding results, i just hope all that does not cost us in the long run. We are showing that we as a club are trying to by pass half a decade or longer of potentially staying in this league, by not staying and fine tuning our club over x amount of seasons. Most teams who come into this league certainly would be happy for bruce to be pulling these results out, it is kind of offering safety.

Those are fair points but most of the teams you are referring to didn’t have the budget that Villa had when being relegated. Those teams would have made cuts to star players and squads while not being able to replace those players with the same quality. Bruce has however been given the funding to do that yet the performances have been, in the main poor with the same mistakes being made.

This Villa squad should be steamrolling the Championship in the same way Newcastle and Wolves did but the difference is that those teams had good managers.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A couple of people have pointed out that his contract actually runs out in October so maybe thats the wait?'

However based on what I see from the smarter ones on here a rolling contract automatically renews itself for a year?

Why would you want to wait then?

3 hours ago, striker said:

Those are fair points but most of the teams you are referring to didn’t have the budget that Villa had when being relegated. Those teams would have made cuts to star players and squads while not being able to replace those players with the same quality. Bruce has however been given the funding to do that yet the performances have been, in the main poor with the same mistakes being made.

This Villa squad should be steamrolling the Championship in the same way Newcastle and Wolves did but the difference is that those teams had good managers.

I guess the stoke fans would say the same about their team.....but they are below us, and it is their first season in this division.

The thing is SB has had enough time, for his team not to be showing some of the deficiencies they are....and there are too many.

Every manager reserves the right to time to,put things right......He has had long enough imo not to be showing so much fault.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

Why would you want to wait then?

Not saying I WANT to wait mate, i'm saying that might be what they are waiting for.

In other news, this is the second photo of a Villa fan i've seen from the USA today, it's a movement. #Bruceout

Image may contain: one or more people

15 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

A couple of people have pointed out that his contract actually runs out in October so maybe thats the wait?'

However based on what I see from the smarter ones on here a rolling contract automatically renews itself for a year?

It is always 1 year at any point in time.

Ron Saunders had one and they took it away.....thats why he left.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

49 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

The owners needed to pull the trigger in the international break, but now we are virtually in October, it has now become urgent. The million dollar question is however, have they identified their man?

No - I dont think they have.

Â