Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

1 hour ago, PieFacE said:

I hate that we're all completely wasting time in keeping him here. He isn't going to get us promoted, he isn't going to get us playing good football, he isn't going to build a solid foundation here. There's no 5 year plan. 

What's the point?

Let's just get rid and get someone in with some fresh ideas. Bruce is well past it now. The Championship has moved on, just like the Premier League did a decade ago. 

Haha exactly what I was thinking. Really feels like a waste of time. 

31 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

It’s probably wishful thinking but I’d like to believe the club is sounding out replacements behind the scenes for minimum disruption. I don’t think he is being reviewed on a game by game basis and his days are numbered regardless of results. 

I agree.   If they are still trying to decide his fate, they are too timid to run anything.  (Their history suggests otherwise).  I think they are trying to settle a plan and the right person.  Although, if it were me I would focus first on the person and let that person help develop the plan.  

I think Steve Bruce is a decent manager in the full sense of the word.

However,Right now he seems lost to get this team of ours to even produce some of the basic stuff....He is frantically searching for a turn around in form.

I think he will be a ok for some other club, who have similar problems to what we had, but his work with us is over imo.

He came in and steadied the ship....and it needed steadying.....but we need to move on to the next phase and Steve is showing he is not the man to do it, judging by the offerings every match......it doesn't matter who he plays or what formation, there is no cohesion or team work, They look like a bunch that have just started playing together.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think many fans support him. Most want him gone they just don’t believe sacking him will immediately change results look some seem to think. 

I said it before I think our squad really isnt all that and it is Bruce fault. Our strength last season is now our weakness at centre back. Leaking stupid goals every game. Squad is still very unbalanced and think a new manager wont get us out of this shit immediately

Does any club in the world have more right backs on the books than centre backs ?

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I said it before I think our squad really isnt all that and it is Bruce fault. Our strength last season is now our weakness at centre back. Leaking stupid goals every game. Squad is still very unbalanced and think a new manager wont get us out of this shit immediately

Does any club in the world have more right backs on the books than centre backs ?

I agree. Any new manager will look at this squad and think shit, where are the centre halves and why is there only one left back! 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

I think Steve Bruce is a decent manager in the full sense of the word.

However,Right now he seems lost to get this team of ours to even produce some of the basic stuff....He is frantically searching for a turn around in form.

I think he will be a ok for some other club, who have similar problems to what we had, but his work with us is over imo.

He came in and steadied the ship....and it needed steadying.....but we need to move on to the next phase and Steve is showing he is not the man to do it, judging by the offerings every match......it doesn't matter who he plays or what formation, there is no cohesion or team work, They look like a bunch that have just started playing together.

It’s going to end badly. Doesn’t appear to be handling the pressure well at all by coming out with past achievements and what is has done for the club. 

The sooner he leaves the less ugly it will get in my opinion. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

If he'd just kept his mouth shut after he left, he'd just have been remembered (or probably largely forgotten) as yet another SAFC manager who had his moments but was ultimately horrendously flawed as a manager, and for whom it all went to shit eventually. But he didn't - he constantly went on about how badly treated he'd been by our fans, that he'd never got a chance because he was from Northumberland, how he'd finished tenth etc etc. He couldn't even get through an interview ostensibly about a 92-year-old war survivor without implying that he'd suffered worse at Sunderland ("I hope I look like that when I'm 92 but somehow I don't think I will be, especially after what happened to me at Sunderland!").

I guess he's entitled to have done all of that, and you can fully understand why he did it, but also I think we're entitled to think he's an absolute prick for dragging SAFC's name through the mud as collateral damage in trying to rescue his reputation. I **** hate the bloke.

It’s the implication that we were against his appointment from day one that pissed me off. Exactly what he’s doing at Villa. He always pedals the huge club and the expectation line when he first takes over, then when it all starts going wrong he blames the fans for having unrealistic expectations. He’s a **** prick!

Yeah - while also slowly but surely wrecking his squad by having absolutely no plan whatsoever for how his signings fit into any sensible formation, and just signing whoever is available like a kid on Football Manager. You can see it at Villa now - he signed Tammy Abraham and Bolasie on deadline day even though he's been having to play Jedinak at centreback because he's left them so short there.

Totally agree...which makes it even more galling when he comes out with his usual geordie roots sh*te.

I remember when we were on a poor run and he was under big pressure, had about 4,000 to Bolton for Cup game when Wickham scored iirc and he got a great reception.

The repeated slumps and poor runs runs rarely get a mention...but the geordie roots always do!

https://www.readytogo.net/smb/threads/will-i-ever-win-them-over.1445805/page-5

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This will happen when he leaves Villa. 

Jesus, it absolutely will. It'll follow us forever. A pathetic man and a horrible manager.

Wonder if the people who have decided to defend so much of his wank will stick with him for years to come.

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Our squad might not be "all that", however it has still been better than 90 percent of the championship for the past 2 seasons and going, underachieving regardless of which way you look at it.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Our squad might not be "all that", however it has still been better than 90 percent of the championship for the past 2 seasons and going, underachieving regardless of which way you look at it.

But he’s having to start again. The idiot who was our manager last season left a right old mess to sort out....

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

But he’s having to start again. The idiot who was our manager last season left a right old mess to sort out....

He was and continues to be the idiot from last season.

Guarantee that when he eventually goes, the narrative in the media will be something along the lines of "Bruce was unfairly treated by Villa fans - just look at those 4 promotions. They never accepted him because of the Birmingham connections etc"

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Guarantee that when he eventually goes, the narrative in the media will be something along the lines of "Bruce was unfairly treated by Villa fans - just look at those 4 promotions. They never accepted him because of the Birmingham connections etc"

It's such a pathetic talking point, one that I've seen even brought up by a fan on here. I barely remember that he managed Birmingham, only reminded by pundits who feel the need to mention it to absolve him of blame. Even so I don't give a single ****, nor did I when Alex McLeish literally made the move directly from the scum. 

• Like 1

Â