Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Skruff said:

He made us solid. He got rid of toxic attitude and hanging heads. He stopped the ship from sinking. He got the lifewests out, pumped out the water. But he is unable to make the engine running and the guns firing. 

Yes, he has finished the job he was required to do and now its time for someone else to take us forwards instead of treading water as we currently are. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

That's why we're playing cautious formations. That's why there's no freedom of expression.

All his teams down through the years have played that way. He doesn't know how to setup a team to attack, never has.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I posted the 

I think I understand why.  He looks like a dead man walking.  I think he knows the new owners aren't here to **** about, and as a result he's even more scared of losing than usual.

This. Absolutely this. All we need now is the PA system to be saying "walking the mile....walking the green mile..." as he makes his way to the dugout 

Edited by mottaloo

I agree, I think he knows he is on his way, he must do. We won games last season under him yes, but the only game I remember us at 100% as a team, was the Wolves game. He could not get us playing like that again all season, never understand why??

• Like 1

Problem is without good appointments above him, we have no direction from the top anyway. If that were the case, if he felt he could do with some help with coachign or talking about direction in how he wants to go forward with a few loan signings, who is he talking to? Xia? 

The scouts re loans yup, but he must be the main focus of the entire footballing side of the club at the moment, how much responsibility will Little have at the mo, is he on the board still? 

Even if you want Bruce sacked, then doing it now would effectively mean from vacant CEO, DOF, down there's nothing till you get to coaches... There's a massive void. I really want to see some signs that we can get on the kind of run we got on after christmas at the start of the year but realistically where are they, we don't look anything like at the moment and we don't look like we're about to magically get there anytime soon.

So we have no-one above Bruce to help, and Bruce is not delivering. It.'s really not good.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

Leeds have started well but will stall. West Brom, ok have scored goals, but Dave is very inexperienced and if they lose a couple he may struggle to turn it around. The one thing in their favour is two strikers who will for fun in this league. As for boro, Pullis is in charge, they are very similar to us, but probably with an even worse style. Could you imagine the uproar if pullis was appointed here? 

Yet we have played weaker sides and dropped two points. The defence is struggling to keep clean sheets against poor opposition.  When we go up against the likes of boro Leeds and stoke it will be much more difficult 

1 hour ago, TRO said:

Yeah, they are statements that make me cringe quite frankly.

However, the 2 years is right.....but in that time it has been stop start due to various problems, injuries to key players and the near collapse of the football club, not to mention the club was a pure ship wreck.

Look ....I am with you this football cannot go unabated infiniti....I may vary my opinion of the source of the fault, but the low grade offerings, I am with you all.

You think its Bruce, in terms of the coaching.....I think we have too many players not good enough, that is causing play to break down.

I think one of us is right.

I don't see the present owners procrastinating for too long, because you are right, its gone on for too long.

Interesting to see two differing perspectives that we have, TRO. I sort of agree with your issue regarding player quality but let’s not forget that Bruce has had 2 years to change the squad fir the better if he decided the players were not good enough. However, he has supplemented the squad with predominantly aging players/loanees in addition to not using other players he has signed. 

I genuinely believe that the squad is good enough to challenge and is capable of playing much better football. Bruce means that last year the squad was too old and that the loanees have left us with gaps - we’ll, HE was in control of that and it was a recruitment choice HE made. I don’t buy the ‘no money’ line he keeps using.....look at the wage bill we had! 

Genuine question here mate, as you believe the quality of player is our problem then do you accept that the accountability for this lies with Bruce? 

27 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Yet we have played weaker sides and dropped two points. The defence is struggling to keep clean sheets against poor opposition.  When we go up against the likes of boro Leeds and stoke it will be much more difficult 

I think we only have to wait until Weds to see how far we are away from being a good team. I really am worried about the Brentford game. 

33 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Problem is without good appointments above him, we have no direction from the top anyway. If that were the case, if he felt he could do with some help with coachign or talking about direction in how he wants to go forward with a few loan signings, who is he talking to? Xia? 

The scouts re loans yup, but he must be the main focus of the entire footballing side of the club at the moment, how much responsibility will Little have at the mo, is he on the board still? 

Even if you want Bruce sacked, then doing it now would effectively mean from vacant CEO, DOF, down there's nothing till you get to coaches... There's a massive void. I really want to see some signs that we can get on the kind of run we got on after christmas at the start of the year but realistically where are they, we don't look anything like at the moment and we don't look like we're about to magically get there anytime soon.

So we have no-one above Bruce to help, and Bruce is not delivering. It.'s really not good.

Looks like a CEO will be in place in next 2 weeks. I’m hoping that that the required changes follow soon after. International break will be looming......

How much longer do we put up with this banal dross this man continually churns our?  Why is it a man on the street can see it - why did anyone think it could change - this is what he does and what he will always do.

21 minutes ago, eholm said:

Looks like a CEO will be in place in next 2 weeks. I’m hoping that that the required changes follow soon after. International break will be looming......

Where does it look like that? I had a good look today for anything in the news abotu us and ceo or dof appointments, there's been nothing since the Kenyon story?

33 minutes ago, eholm said:

I may have missed it, but where did you hear we’d have a CEO in the next fortnight?

• Like 2

Â