Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Personally im happy for Brucey Boy to carry on, till things start to go wrong, and when i mean wrong, i mean us tackling relegation in the championships. Why do i say this? its because after all the problems, financially, dismissals and player wise, it's going to take bruce this season to sort the headache out, which I'm fine with. 

Steve needs time and I know he can do it after all the upsets, we just need to get behind him.

To me this season is about sorting out what players we can bring in and getting a stable build on the go.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

I don't think it is caution. It isn't. I watch him on the sidelines, I have never once heard him scream to drop off, quite the opposite.

They are just badly coached, and we have a severe lack of ideas right through the coaching team.

It’s caution in selection.

We play  well enough with the right set up.

IMO

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

I think we had a plan B, the way we played after the substitutions. The problem for me is that plan B should have been our plan A. I'm confident we should have won the game if our players had 90 mins to play, not just the last 25.

I agree 100%

Bruce out !!! He's never gonna change  so we need to change him. Anybody who thinks he can get us up is living in a dream. I'm not fooled by all this "we are still unbeaten". He's just lucky we've played average teams who couldn't take advantage of how crap we've been. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Dave-R said:

Personally im happy for Brucey Boy to carry on, till things start to go wrong, and when i mean wrong, i mean us tackling relegation in the championships. Why do i say this? its because after all the problems, financially, dismissals and player wise, it's going to take bruce this season to sort the headache out, which I'm fine with. 

Steve needs time and I know he can do it after all the upsets, we just need to get behind him.

To me this season is about sorting out what players we can bring in and getting a stable build on the go.

Step away from the keyboard, Steve.

Farlz, you may see it as that because you dont agree with my support for our manager.

Am I not aloud to talk about my views, and show my support for our club, Steve and our players ??

I know some of you are vets on this board and that's great. I'm new, but can I not at least be given the opportunity  to have a fare say and share my feelings without being judged all just because some of you want bruce out??

I am at the moment not for sacking Bruce (as I wrote in my previous post) so I guess that makes me a "Bruce inner" . I certainly do not look through this thread in dispair shaking my head. I think it is really interesting to share views on Bruce's tactics for example, especially after a showing like today's. I hope others do as well and are not disencouraged to post about it, critical or not of Bruce. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, terrytini said:

Poor tactics and overly cautious again, like the bad old days. 

Once we decided to play football - and finally had enough footballers on the pitch to play - it was fine, or would’ve been if our players had kept their heads rather than blasting every chance cluelessly.

All our best football is played when we have at least 4 ( contributing) creative players on the pitch. Plus a Striker. Today we started with just 2.

Once he upped it to 4 we played some football.

Shoukdve counted as 3 but Albert is a passenger.

I don’t blame him playing Jedi at CB, I do t blame him for the GK dropping the ball, or for our players lacking composure.

And I don’t consider him a dinosaur, or that we are going backwards.

But I DO blame him for going back to his default position of excessive caution.

Unfortunately Terry like it or like it not - excessive caution in football terms is akin to being a footballing dinosaur 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villabromsgrove said:

I honestly think that Bruce believes he's right, and his way is still the best. Every game I hope that he might have learnt a bit of what the fans learn from watching and following Villa every week, but he doesn't appear to either be able to learn, or want to learn.

He will keep banging away to lodge those square pegs even deeper into round holes and nothing will change, until the day Sawiris and Edens take the hammer out of his sweaty hand and tell him it's time to take a rest.

Steve is trying the best he knows how, but it's a long way from being good enough.

He does learn, he sees it. He comes out and says everything we feel, everything he did wrong, what he should have done and where he and the team went wrong.

He will then do exactly the same thing.

Then he comes out and says everything we feel, everything he did wrong, what he should have done and where he and the team went wrong.

Then he comes out and says everything we feel, everything he did wrong, what he should have done and where he and the team went wrong.

I've decided to come off the fence and want him gone. 

All the same problems as last year and the year before are abundantly still there, nothing has changed. 

We look completely disjointed, we keep doing hopeful punts forward.  If we win its completely unconvincing, if we lose it's well deserved. 

I am sick of watching our talented expensive squad of players having no idea how to take a team to pieces and watching lesser teams comfortably play around us.  Our football is eye bleeding. 

There are already 3 or 4 teams who look like they could easily accelerate away from us. 

But mainly I just don't believe for a second we will get any better. 

It will be a other season of stumbling into the play off lottery and inevitably being beaten by a more progressive and deserving team. Then we will lose Jack and 2 or 3 others to plug the enormous FFP gap and we're here for years. 

This is our last chance and I don't have faith in Bruce to deliver.  It's like groundhog day watching us play. 

And how the hell can we have had so many keepers running through our squad this season yet turn up at games with such utter dross keeping going. 

Just sign an experienced stopper. That is the easiest part to fix but it's already costing us. 

Edited by sidcow
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

Another dreadful performance. Sooner he's gone the better.

Can't wait for his weekly "we just weren't good enough" post match interview. 

well, it wouldn't be a lie would it?

Edited by TRO

His post comments were frustrating. When we went down to ten men we will learn from it he says.

yeah just like boro, Fulham and now today. The guy is useless against ten men. Adomah should have come off at the 60 minute mark for RHM 

if we see another pathetic performance on Wednesday I’m going to. E very pissed off. Stupid individual errors ar3 costing us

He made us solid. He got rid of toxic attitude and hanging heads. He stopped the ship from sinking. He got the lifewests out, pumped out the water. But he is unable to make the engine running and the guns firing. 

• Like 4

Â