Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

36 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

it really wouldn't. It this kind of stupid comment that really undermines people's support for Bruce and immediately removes any credibility they had. Smiley face or not.

It was a joke.

We have more than enough quality in this team to compete against the best in the league, an I am more convinced this season already that its the manager holding us back. 

Nothing will change, 93 games in says so, this is what we have to look forward to, an its exactly what we was watching last season. There won't be any constancy under Bruce, never has never will be. Ok we went a bit of a run last season, but then we end it losing against a poor team.

After the season we had, the feeble attempt of promotion against Fulham should have got him sacked.

• Like 4

Todays game proves 2 things.

1) Ipswich are going down this season. 

2) If we can't beat them with an extra man, we aren't going up this season with Bruce in charge. 

3 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I've got a feeling that the first bad run Bruce goes on will get him the sack. I don't think the owners will need much of an excuse to let him go. 

I just hope they have people who are qualified to find a replacement. 

• Like 1

He has signed 2 shit keepers, plays a RB at LB, a CB at RB, and a shit DM at CB. 

Is it any wonder the back 5 are all over the place?

Absolutely clueless.  And people were worried about Herny being a car crash ?

Edited by av1

15 minutes ago, av1 said:

He has signed 2 shit keepers, plays a RB at LB, a CB at RB, and a shit DM at CB. 

Is it any wonder the back 5 are all over the place?

Absolutely clueless.  And people were worried about Herny being a car crash ?

At least it would have been a Ferrari, we’re running about in Dr T’s old Mondeo. 

1 hour ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

One poster says he’s worried about playing Brentford and that hysterically translates to WE’RE shitting ourselves.

I’ll leave the poster to speak for themselves. 

Seems to be quite a few people very concerned about our next game. Perhaps reading and understanding the posts here and in the Ipswich match thread may assist you in your understanding. Or do you think that everything is OK, and we are just fine? Have you been blinded by a couple of lucky wins? 

Edited by TheStagMan

2 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

We have more than enough quality in this team to compete against the best in the league, an I am more convinced this season already that its the manager holding us back. 

Nothing will change, 93 games in says so, this is what we have to look forward to, an its exactly what we was watching last season. There won't be any constancy under Bruce, never has never will be. Ok we went a bit of a run last season, but then we end it losing against a poor team.

After the season we had, the feeble attempt of promotion against Fulham should have got him sacked.

I don't care about his past promotions, or that he's the nicest man to walk the planet. The football on offer is garbage and what's worse, it's consistently garbage and indicative of a man who is out of his depth.

• Like 1

I have defended Steve Bruce as you all know......and I am not turning on him now.....because for whatever reason, I still think the team is not right, not balanced, not right.

However, He is beginning to sound like Paul Lambert or Steve McLaren.

It won't last for long.....He needs to show more control over things.....if the players are not doing as he says, we need to know......because you can only go so long protecting them.

Steve McLaren, looked a joke of a manager tonight and spoke accordingly.....SB needs to be sure he doesn't get dragged in to the same camp.

4 hours ago, eholm said:

Interesting to see two differing perspectives that we have, TRO. I sort of agree with your issue regarding player quality but let’s not forget that Bruce has had 2 years to change the squad fir the better if he decided the players were not good enough. However, he has supplemented the squad with predominantly aging players/loanees in addition to not using other players he has signed. 

I genuinely believe that the squad is good enough to challenge and is capable of playing much better football. Bruce means that last year the squad was too old and that the loanees have left us with gaps - we’ll, HE was in control of that and it was a recruitment choice HE made. I don’t buy the ‘no money’ line he keeps using.....look at the wage bill we had! 

Genuine question here mate, as you believe the quality of player is our problem then do you accept that the accountability for this lies with Bruce? 

Yes and No.

The 2 years we talk about is generally a time scale that reflects our frustration.....The truth is except one major signing of Hogan, he hasn't botched many signings.....In that time he has had injury problems of key players that have gone on for long periods....and now an exodus through mismanagement. from above

We are still wrestling with last seasons issues....that cannot go unsaid....as much as its a pain in the arse to all of us.

The truth is as much as I want to blame somebody...... he has been dealt a duff hand, in the main.

I don't know what the state of play is, regarding signing players....are the loans easy or are they nigh on impossible?...I don't know?. What i do know is this team is not promotion material in the state its in.

We have too many players not contributing to winning games, they are coasting or nondescript......The eye of the tiger is with 2 or 3 players maybe 4 ....thats all, its not enough to win promotion.

I think it will cost him his job eventually.....He needs to find a way of getting players in to add value to the team.

19 minutes ago, TRO said:

I have defended Steve Bruce as you all know......and I am not turning on him now.....because for whatever reason, I still think the team is not right, not balanced, not right.

Who is to blame for that? He signed them all. 

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

However, He is beginning to sound like Paul Lambert or Steve McLaren.

It won't last for long.....He needs to show more control over things.....if the players are not doing as he says, we need to know......because you can only go so long protecting them.

Steve McLaren, looked a joke of a manager tonight and spoke accordingly.....SB needs to be sure he doesn't get dragged in to the same camp.

Agree. I think the manager has built up some credit over the past 2 years. We can nit pick about where we think the club should be, but that minimises where the club was after relegation, and the subsequent poor signings before Bruce's appointment. But that doesn't remove the concerns with how we are playing.

The manager wasn't able to get the players he wanted this season due to the financial crisis, again, it shouldn't be minimilised. He basically only had two weeks to do anything, when he was preparing to lose his best players. But the club needs to try to correct it, where it can, with loan signings. Terry left a big hole in defence, his leadership, experience, confidence etc, IMO that's what we're lacking at the back. How we are travelling in October, will tell us how the club is situated.

• Like 1

Â