Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

I would imagine the majority would, but none of them would have any ambition to get in to the PL. I just can't see us being able to keep up with Leeds, WBA or Boro this season. I know it's early days, but not in terms of Bruce's tenure at the club.

Leeds have started well but will stall. West Brom, ok have scored goals, but Dave is very inexperienced and if they lose a couple he may struggle to turn it around. The one thing in their favour is two strikers who will for fun in this league. As for boro, Pullis is in charge, they are very similar to us, but probably with an even worse style. Could you imagine the uproar if pullis was appointed here? 

2 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Leeds have started well but will stall. West Brom, ok have scored goals, but Dave is very inexperienced and if they lose a couple he may struggle to turn it around. The one thing in their favour is two strikers who will for fun in this league. As for boro, Pullis is in charge, they are very similar to us, but probably with an even worse style. Could you imagine the uproar if pullis was appointed here? 

I would hope that we would given any new manager time, regardless of who the next appointment is going to be. If Pulis was appointed and we were dominating games, as well as winning them, I wouldn't give a monkey's what our style was if it got us out of the league. I'm looking at the way we play under Bruce, and the fact that we are seeing too many poor performance across the team, and I just can't see us getting out of the league this season.

5 minutes ago, eholm said:

I think you my be letting an extremely fortunate 7 point haul cloud the pathetic football we are seeing. It is simply not good enough and hasn’t been for 2 years. 

The man has failed at the biggest club he has ever and will ever manage. So he gave us back a team spirit......but that’s it. That only gets you so far and without an effective strategy and game plan you quickly plateau. Our play is woeful and desperate without any clear direction; this cannot continue. 

Yep, he’s a nice bloke and all that but I don’t want a nice bloke managing our team, I want someone who will get us playing decent football with a clear system that will be effective against ALL teams, not just the s**t ones. 

Bruce has failed and clearly has no idea how to change it or improve as it’s been the same for 2 bloody years. If others are happy to accept ‘nearly’ getting promoted with one of the biggest wage bills ever seen at this level then you are clearly a lot more tolerant than me. If others are happy with Bruce’s ‘style’ then, again, you are more easily pleased than me. Today was awful against 10 men full of young players with little experience. We looked clueless and Bruce continues to play a DM for most of the match and then says ‘frustrating but we live to fight another day’. FFS!! Well done Steve, you have done so well in lowering our expectations to such a level that at least we can try again in our next match and be grateful if that. 

Out of his depth, out of ideas and very soon, hopefully, out of VP. 

Yeah, they are statements that make me cringe quite frankly.

However, the 2 years is right.....but in that time it has been stop start due to various problems, injuries to key players and the near collapse of the football club, not to mention the club was a pure ship wreck.

Look ....I am with you this football cannot go unabated infiniti....I may vary my opinion of the source of the fault, but the low grade offerings, I am with you all.

You think its Bruce, in terms of the coaching.....I think we have too many players not good enough, that is causing play to break down.

I think one of us is right.

I don't see the present owners procrastinating for too long, because you are right, its gone on for too long.

10 minutes ago, TRO said:
  • Biesla its early days , He has a good reputation, but had a 44% win ratio at Bilbao......Bruce has 48.9 with us.
  • Darren Moore better equipped than Bruce?
  • Pulis, is he much better than  our guy?, they couldn't wait to get rid of him from Smethwick.....I think Pulis is ok, But SB had the upper hand last season.

IMO we have more weak links than them teams, but in certain positions we are stronger.....Albion have Gayle and Rodriguez up front stronger than us.

Lets see what SB can do in the loan market and see if it improves us.....if its still the same, then maybe he will be looked at.

Smethwick play with 2 strikers and score goals. We make it too easy for the opponent's with this one striker malarky.

2 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Smethwick play with 2 strikers and score goals. We make it too easy for the opponent's with this one striker malarky.

I can't argue.....but we currently don't have a winger who can beat a man.....so that would possibly be another striker redundant.

I think if this level of football continues.....questions will be raised in an area, most on here will like.

as stated already Hutton makes the team a little unbalanced playing at left back
Bruce clearly plans to start Axel but not at centre back where everyone else expects him to be played
He is playing Jed at CB when he doesn't need to, Axel or even Elphick make more sense in that position next to Chester
Thor is now ahead of Whelan and Connor, whilst I like Thor I don't think he is better than Connor
Albert is really poor of late also

The thing is he will bring a load more loans in and claim that is what is needed.

What I don’t understand is we spent all preseason trying a back three, then as soon as the season starts we revert back to type. 

Yes Bryan at left wing back would’ve added more balance, but we practiced without him anyway. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, USA_Villa said:

Do you know what Bruce would do if he had Gayle and Rodriguez ? .......... Play one of them

At CB

*edit* Gah! Jacketspuds beat me to it ?

Edited by TheStagMan
  • Like 1

What an absolute load of shit.

I hope the owners have told him that if he falls below the promotion places at any stage this season he will be out on his arse.

We have so much talent within this team and he just cannot seem to get the best out of any of them or play a structured system to suit. We lack identity and we look very poor.

We cannot even beat a average team with 10 men, it's quite unbelievable.

I will go as far as to say that while Steve Bruce remains in charge we will not be promoted.

BRUCE OUT!

• Like 1

I posted the other day that I think the football has got worse this season - even though I was willing to stand by him when the football was poor last season.

I think I understand why.  He looks like a dead man walking.  I think he knows the new owners aren't here to **** about, and as a result he's even more scared of losing than usual.

That's why he's making odd decisions, shoe-horning favourites and experience into positions that don't suit them.  That's why we're playing cautious formations. That's why there's no freedom of expression.

The big irony is that inhibiting the team in order to preserve his job is what will ultimately cost him.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

I posted the other day that I think the football has got worse this season - even though I was willing to stand by him when the football was poor last season.

I think I understand why.  He looks like a dead man walking.  I think he knows the new owners aren't here to **** about, and as a result he's even more scared of losing than usual.

That's why he's making odd decisions, shoe-horning favourites and experience into positions that don't suit them.  That's why we're playing cautious formations. That's why there's no freedom of expression.

The big irony is that inhibiting the team in order to preserve his job is what will ultimately cost him.

That or he is trying to make a point to them that he wants more players; either way carry on like this and he won’t last long. 

5 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

Spot on post chap.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dudevillaisnice said:

That or he is trying to make a point to them that he wants more players; either way carry on like this and he won’t last long. 

Even if he signed another 9 loans this window I still don't think it will be enough to save, sorry,- change things I mean.

As NV just rightly pointed out we are witnessing a man disillusioned by his own fear of losing.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

I don't think that point needs to be made.  In trying to sign Joe Bryan it's clear the intention is there to improve the squad.

He's terrified.

2 minutes ago, dudevillaisnice said:

Why does he need to make the point. Its not like theyre tight owners who are not willing to invest?

Bruce is far too cautious, if he feels under pressure and knows these owners arent here to f*** about then maybe he should be trying to impress by going for it, trying to be a bit more expansive instead of fielding 6/7 defensive minded players game after game. He had a great chance at HT to go and set about Ipswich with a switcg up in tactics but did nothing.

• Like 1

Â