Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

Absolutely clueless this bloke is, jedinek at centre back yet again, everyone can see it doesn’t work

Sooner he gets sacked the better

But we have had the best start to a season in 300 years you fickle bastard.

Come off it!

:ph34r:

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

So he's got Jedinak at centre back again.. I mean every manager has favourites and tries to shoehorn then into the team.. But this is just ridiculous. 

I did say though I expect him to play jedinak there again last week, as he said in an interview last year that he sees Jedinak as a centre back going forward

Nutter

Probably a solid choice against Ipswich though, if my memory serves me correctly, they were quite direct, with plenty of long balls, etc.

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

But we have had the best start to a season in 300 years you fickle bastard.

Come off it!

:ph34r:

Look what league were in, Wigan and hull aren’t exactly great teams are they ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

16 hours ago, romavillan said:

I again call BS on this Dean Smith malarkey. What he is, is a head coach in a system with good scouts and a DOF etc. You know like a modern football head coach in a modern set up (modern for the UK anyway).

What he isn't is a manager who claims to run everything from the scouts, to the training to the tea ladies knickers, the board room and the football direction of the under 11s.

I imagine like most successfull clubs with a head coach recruitment is the result of a discussion between the head scout, the head coach and the director of football. That DOES NOT mean he's a "face" for the Brentford system. It means he's the head coach responsible for implementing the wider footballing philosophy of the club on the pitch every game. you know that team that have absolutely **** schooled us every time we have played them? Yeah. That team.

All this is true, but you NEED the right personell in place across the board for a head coach to be effective. We don't have that (at the moment) so appointing a head coach would be absolute suicide.

Once the staff are in place across the board and they've had some time to actually assess what we need etc we can move forward with a head coach to implement the clubs "vision", until then we need an actual manager to do that work and separate coaches to do the coaching 

7 minutes ago, vreitti said:

Probably a solid choice against Ipswich though, if my memory serves me correctly, they were quite direct, with plenty of long balls, etc.

This. It's completely clear and logical why you would play our strongest player in the air against a direct long ball team. I also maintain that, while he has made some mistakes, Jedinak is nowhere near as bad a CB as people make out. He's our most commanding defensive player and I think it makes perfect sense for him to be at CB until we can sign someone to replace him with a similar physicality although I fully expect to be shot down in flames for that opinion! 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Dave J said:

Well aside from Bruce being " one of the boy " and his time spent in the game - this is not a realistic question I don't feel TRO - should you reword the question to state who is the more forward thinking and dynamic coach - I would counter that you get a different answer ?

No...because my wording encompasses all of that and more.

"One of the boys"....so you're saying they have all been seduced by his personality and are incapable of making up their own mind......yeah, Dave.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Can't help but feel like he's shielded a bit by his past reputation for promotions and the fact that he's popular in the media.

Unfortunately, he's just outdated.

Yeah, I think this is the case. His game isn't as effective as it once was.

Another day, another shit Villa performance. 2 shots on target against 10 men for over half the game, against one of the favourites for the drop?  Results have flattered him this season.

Image result for v sign gif

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dick said:

Yeah, I think this is the case. His game isn't as effective as it once was.

Exactly. The media can bleat on all they want about how Bruce "gets teams up", but he hasn't done that for quite some time now, and he's been here for almost two years and we've never looked better than play-off contenders.

• Like 2

Â