Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Wonder what Bruce thinks of it all....

Probably pretty bittersweet for him I'd imagine. He's probably delighted that Aston Villa is safe and now has a potential platform to push off from, but he also knows what new owners mean for old staff so he's likely sad that his time may be coming to an end. 

I can't see the new owners wanting huge upheaval straight away considering this seems to have been a very quick deal.  They may not have the right expertise lined up to advise properly on the football side of things so see Bruce as a safe pair of hands.

would much rather have Bruce here than Henry ffs. What has he done in management? I am open to change, but I think we need some clarity on what we can or cannot do with the squad and FFP. 

47 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Not completely against Bruce staying (for now) but after today’s events and being able to dream again, I think a Wenger (DOF?) and Henry (manager) team up would be amazing!

Based on what? That sounds bloody dreadful

14 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Henry and Wenger? Forget it. FFP hasn't just vanished into thin air. It's not an attractive offer to people like that until our finances are in order.

If so, why has Henry already turned down an apparant £12m offer to manage us?

20 minutes ago, PatrickCousens said:

Henry and Wenger? Forget it. FFP hasn't just vanished into thin air. It's not an attractive offer to people like that until our finances are in order.

Wenger is hardly known for throwing money away. He more or less broke even for Arsenal, while Man City were about a billion in the red for the same period. 

5 minutes ago, villianusa said:

Who said?

Someone who knows Bruce well who I worked for at OUFC ..... was/is close to walking being sacked whatever .... I fully expect him to be gone next week... 

Put it this easy would you wanna keep him or go for your own choice ? Lampard went to Derby who are broke.... Gerrard went to Rangers who are broke .... just saying no money doesn’t mean we should stick with Bruce ... 

Edited by thabucks

Â