Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

51 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

Bit of a generalisation, but injuries aside he changes the line up almost every game. Now that in part is because he's still assessing his squad with no pre-season behind him.

But I genuinely think he doesn't rate Ross, Tish, Westwood, Ayew, Gollini, Hutton and probably others. Whatever the case I really want a manager to believe in and use their squad as at this level you need your entire squad of players and can't have the luxury of freezing out 4 or 5 which is how it's been under every recent manager and I fear how it is now.

You kinda contradicting yourself by saying he needs to believe in and use his squad. Yet preceeding with changes the squad every week, that would indicating that je is USING the squad and players he feels best suits certain games no?

6 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You kinda contradicting yourself by saying he needs to believe in and use his squad. Yet preceeding with changes the squad every week, that would indicating that je is USING the squad and players he feels best suits certain games no?

Not really as you still need a core of players you start every week, in terms of midfield and attack I am not sure that is the case. I'm not saying it's his fault either, we've had manager after manager inheriting players they didn't choose/want.

Picking Gabby and playing Kodjia out wide is very bad managing. Hope he learns from it. He can only work with what he's got and its a non-existent midfield. Hard to play good football without a midfield. We need to spend big on midfielders in january to make the playoffs.

• Like 1

Awful today. These past few away games are the Bruce we all didn't want. I have no problems with how he approaches home games. But we need to be better away from home. We're just far too negative. There's no reason why we couldn't have been a little more adventurous tonight. How can we spend so much money on attackers and be so woeful going forward? 

Stop picking Gabby as well ffs. How can managers not see how shite he is? 

• Like 2

Only his 2nd defeat and some of our fans are giving him pelters. F##k knows what they have been watching for the last 6yrs. 

Just now, av1 said:

Only his 2nd defeat and some of our fans are giving him pelters. F##k knows what they have been watching for the last 6yrs. 

It's a results based business and, on results, you can't really argue with what Bruce has done.

But the football we play is generally poor - and we have so many decent attacking players!

3 minutes ago, av1 said:

I think we are entitled to criticise a shocking performance.

What on earth has the last 6 years got to do with it?

I can only think he doesn't want to be here next year - otherwise why on earth pick Gabby and play Kodjia wide? It makes no sense to me. Just give Kodjia and McCormack a bit of a run before January please - and if he is going to rely on Gabby in January - you can forget the play - off's 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't understand why he waited so long after the goal to change anything. 

More than happy with Bruce but that's as bad as we've been all season

I know this was the most annoying and stupid thing I've seen. Also do t understand why the hell he didn't take gabby off as soon as half time went. Hd offered absolutely nothing as a attacking force.

bruce flopped tonight. Totally his fault

Â