Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, Merson08 said:

I noticed you conveniently forgot that actually his last 6 games included 3 wins. I am no fan of Bruce and he has been so bad, we dont need to add false statements to back it up. Last 6 games are below;

August 19th Home - Norwich 4-2

August 22nd Home - Wigan 4-1

August 25th Away - Bristol C 1-1

September 9th Home - Brentford 0-0

Septemeber 12th Home - Middlesborough 0-0

September 16th - Away - Barnsley 0-3

Obviously last nights result added an additional loss. Bruce's team plays poor football but his last 6 games are now 2 wins 3 draws and 1 loss. Not acceptable for us! 

I think you should forget the cup games so it's 2 wins out of 5 or even better just go off the last league game then we have a 100% win ratio! Or you can look at this season as a whole or even his entire tenure but it doesn't really look that good then. Anybody can pick the sample that fits their point but ultimately our goal is promotion and at present Bruce is underacheiving. 3 massive games next week then we will see where we are at and I think the DR will be making a statement. Backed till Xmas or sacked. 

1 hour ago, Phumfeinz said:

He's very clearly lost the dressing room.

I feel like I have to preface every post with the fact that I do want Bruce gone.

But...

I disagree with this entirely.
I didn't see last night's game. But I've seen every other one and I definitely don't get the sense that he's lost the dressing room. Not in the slightest.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

I feel like I have to preface every post with the fact that I do want Bruce gone.

But...

I didn't see last night's game. But I've seen every other one and I definitely don't get the sense that he's lost the dressing room. Not in the slightest.

Some of the eyewitness accounts viz. Elphick and Hogan do not sound very good at all but yes, doesn't follow from this that he has lost the dressing room.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Some of the eyewitness accounts viz. Elphick and Hogan do not sound very good at all but yes, doesn't follow from this that he has lost the dressing room.

No, just follows that Elphick his pissed off at being shouted at and not playing and being shit. Also follows that Hogan is totally frustrated after his big move to come to a footballing environment a good two decades in culture and coaching methods behind where he was at little lowly Brentford. 

You can probably easily add McCormack to the list of people not super happy with Bruce. That's about it though isn't it? (as far as the dressing room goes) 

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

But...

Have to agree with this. I imagine the dressing room is actually very much behind him. Unless you cross him, he strikes me very much as "the player's manager". He hasn't really blamed the players, he's blamed the history, the culture, FFP, referees, us, society, The Man, etc.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, ReasonforRevolution said:

Happy to admit I've been a bit 'hysterical' of late. 11k attendance is a new low I have witnessed. Not for one second blame fans for not turning up last night with the football Bruce is serving up. Attendances and no home goal in 5 hours with the most expensive Championship squad in history is what I would actually call a crisis. Yet Bruce is happy to act the antagonist to many fans who have been patient with him. Arrogance! Barnsley papered over the cracks. With the depth and money spent Tony Xia himself could pick a starting 11 and eventually we would get three points against teams that have cost a fraction of ours. However that in mind if by chance we gained promotion would I trust Bruce in the Prem? Not at all. I sat in different seats last night and got a good view of the dugout. Elphick and Bruce were at each others throats all night. Hogan also had a lot to say about his substitution. I can understand his frustrations. It is pointless playing Hogan if we are going to continue playing the Bruce way. I said at the time when Bruce publically slated McCormack he needs to hope he isn't popular in the dressing room and there is no underlying issues. Players, some of who would be friends will not look that too kindly. Bad management! For what its worth I think McCormack is a technically gifted player and Bruces line in the sand could be detrimental to us. The body language is all wrong from top to bottom. I only saw one Villa who was not in the squad come to watch the game last night. There may have been more but only saw Jedinak watching the game. Maybe off the mark but I thought surely more would be bothered. Bruce had a massive opportunity to capitalise on some shoots of hope with the backing of Xia but has somehow made it worse than ever. He talks of when he arrived the club hadn't won a game in such and such and a 5 years of poor performance but neglects to remember we were playing teams in the Premiership on a shoe string budget. Now we are in the Championship with a budget. Stop patronizing us.

100% the post of the whole Bruce thread.

Surely the one(s) making the decision should see that Bruce must go asap

Any chance of someone tweeting it to DrT?

12 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

100% the post of the whole Bruce thread.

Surely the one(s) making the decision should see that Bruce must go asap

Any chance of someone tweeting it to DrT?

Not much point according to the xia thread ; a poster there posted he had a meal with someone connected to xia and Ho and says xia can hardly speak much English and it is a pr  man who runs his twitter account not he himself .

page 473 of xia thread.

Edited by Eastie

14 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Not much point according to the xia thread ; a poster there posted he had a meal with someone connected to xia and Ho and says xia can hardly speak much English and it is a pr  man who runs his twitter account not he himself .

page 473 of xia thread.

Didn't Diesler just straight up laugh at that though?

2 hours ago, romavillan said:

No, just follows that Elphick his pissed off at being shouted at and not playing and being shit. Also follows that Hogan is totally frustrated after his big move to come to a footballing environment a good two decades in culture and coaching methods behind where he was at little lowly Brentford. 

You can probably easily add McCormack to the list of people not super happy with Bruce. That's about it though isn't it? (as far as the dressing room goes) 

players in state of unhappiness shocker.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, Taxahunter said:

I disagree with the importance of winning a cup game. If Bruce had been winning more games and had his team set up to play attacking football and playing well up to this cup game, I could have supported what he did, but as his match setup in the games before has been awful and it has been hurtful to watch the football he has been serving, he is just risking, loosing even more supporters and risking that even fewer are showing up to support him and his team in the next games being played.

I agree. The only thing that breeds momentum is winning and that should be instilled in the mind of every player ,when pulling on that famous jersey , regardless of the competition we are competing in .

• Like 1

Â