Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I feel like I have to preface every post with the fact that I do want Bruce gone.

But...

I disagree with this entirely.
I didn't see last night's game. But I've seen every other one and I definitely don't get the sense that he's lost the dressing room. Not in the slightest.

Well it's just as well given the dross he turns out weekly - goodness only knows what it would be like if he did - wouldn't you agree?

2 hours ago, Eastie said:

Not much point according to the xia thread ; a poster there posted he had a meal with someone connected to xia and Ho and says xia can hardly speak much English and it is a pr  man who runs his twitter account not he himself .

page 473 of xia thread.

Its absolute horseshit. I know that for certain.

6 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Totally, of all the massive sticks lying about you can beat Bruce with, I don't think player unrest is one of them. 

So, it's a relatively meaningless cup game.  And a center half is shown a red card. And the ok you're behind.  Your team needs confidence and has had trouble scoring.  You've got two forwards on the pitch that have been running dry and need confidence.

What do you do?

steve Bruce takes a forward off for a defensive center mid.   As usual, cautious and safe wins in his thinking.  Why not just go for it?   Maybe get one of the forwards a bit of confidence.  No!  We would rather protect a losing score from getting worse.   In a cup match.  

Bruce logic

oh, I know he said it was for a sore fit.   Player didn't seem to feel the need and e en if it was for that reason..., cautious and safe.   It should be on the manager's resume.   

• Like 1

So, it's a relatively meaningless cup game.  And a center half is shown a red card. And after the pk you're behind.  Your team needs confidence and has had trouble scoring.  You've got two forwards on the pitch that have been running dry and need confidence.

What do you do?

steve Bruce takes a forward off for a defensive center mid.   As usual, cautious and safe wins in his thinking.  Why not just go for it?   Maybe get one of the forwards a bit of confidence.  No!  We would rather protect a losing score from getting worse.   In a cup match.  

Bruce logic

oh, I know he said it was for a sore foot, but a.  Player didn't seem to feel the need and b. Even if that was his thinking it proves my point. "cautious and safe."   It should be his epitaph

4 minutes ago, srsmithusa said:

So, it's a relatively meaningless cup game.  And a center half is shown a red card. And the ok you're behind.  Your team needs confidence and has had trouble scoring.  You've got two forwards on the pitch that have been running dry and need confidence.

What do you do?

Bruce logic

oh, I know he said it was for a sore fit.   Player didn't seem to feel the need and e en if it was for that reason..., cautious and safe.   It should be on the manager's resume.   

It's a bit odd.  Reports suggested Bruce was agitated on the touchline, as though the match were important.

We're not going to win it, the attendance suggests most people don't care much about it.  You'd think he could do without any extra games, and concentrate on the league.

On that basis, you would try to please the crowd and let some players enjoy themselves, but he seems to have gone for a defensive approach and also playing several people out of position.  There was a chance to make some people feel a bit better and he didn't take it.

I don't get it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, peterms said:

It's a bit odd.  Reports suggested Bruce was agitated on the touchline, as though the match were important.

We're not going to win it, the attendance suggests most people don't care much about it.  You'd think he could do without any extra games, and concentrate on the league.

On that basis, you would try to please the crowd and let some players enjoy themselves, but he seems to have gone for a defensive approach and also playing several people out of position.  There was a chance to make some people feel a bit better and he didn't take it.

I don't get it.

There is nothing to get.

The manager (who is proving that he doesnt suit us) has lost the plot (if he had one)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, peterms said:

I don't get it.

I don't quite get it either......are we saying we are so scared of picking up injuries, we dispose of a cup game.

He has put himself back under pressure, because if we lose Saturday this decision will look stupid.

also, why do we play cracking yound kids with a bunch of losers.....are we trying to destroy them.....they should be on the bench for the first team.

Steve you are becoming harder and harder to defend.

you need to toughen up.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

we have the biggest squad in this league and quite afew decent youth players. We could easily handle the cup competitions and the league. Why the hell he played us so defensive in a cup game I have no idea, its shocking and just shows how worried about losing he is

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Have to agree with this. I imagine the dressing room is actually very much behind him. Unless you cross him, he strikes me very much as "the player's manager". He hasn't really blamed the players, he's blamed the history, the culture, FFP, referees, us, society, The Man, etc.

He has blamed the youngsters, individually and collectively. And has constantly named any player failing to take a goal scoring opportunity, and therefor, by implication, contributing to our not winning. 

Its just not acceptable to be as frit as he is.

He has to show more confidence in his team.

4-5-1 is no good at home and not much good away.....unless you are coming off the back of a losing run.

Edited by TRO

3 hours ago, Spoony said:

Have to agree with this. I imagine the dressing room is actually very much behind him. Unless you cross him, he strikes me very much as "the player's manager". He hasn't really blamed the players, he's blamed the history, the culture, FFP, referees, us, society, The Man, etc.

Oh he has plenty of times.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, srsmithusa said:

What do you do?

Bruce logic

Maybe Bruce wanted to lose...

11 minutes ago, peterms said:

With the proposition that given the dross turned out each week, it would be even worse if he had lost the dressing room. 

Sorry, I thought @Dave J was trying to make a more profound point.

Yes, I think we would play worse if Bruce had lost the dressing room. Obviously.

Edited by Stevo985

Â