Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

55 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

So i assume everybody's expecting a good result the weekend then considering Bruce sacrificed the cup because of it.

I'm 100% certain that win, lose or draw, this particular part of our forum will be littered with the usual anti-Steve Bruce crap.

Get your posting boots ready!

At some point the penny must drop.

the gamble that was

- Sack RDM -> get Steve "4promotions" Bruce in -

hasnt worked.

We must cut our losses now and go down a new route of "build and improve" to get back to the PL, time is our only enemy (meaning that it will be harder the longer it takes).

So we cant persist with a quick fix approach - Bruce is not a "Build and improve" type of manager and indeed he doesnt have many years left in him.

We CAN afford one more

- "Puts balls on the line-front foot-lets score more than we conceed" manager for this season as we are not too far off the top 2 and the nature of this league opens its legs wide open for some clever-dick with balls to shaft it.

This WILL NOT happen with Bruce.

So we should end it - move on - and have one last go.

We have nothing to lose now because failure this season means that next season is a whole new ball-game with our pack of cards shuffled considerably.

Next season is a whole new world

we will lose the good

SJ (dramatic improvement - hats off) Chester Terry Taylor (possibly) Snodgrass - Hourihane/Lansbury/Adomah (possibly) Onomah and the difference between relegation and 13th last season KODJIA (note - this is how bad a job Bruce has done - no Kodjia<->no goals)

and the bad

Gaby & Hutton (Richards with one more year?)

We will have to replace nearly a full team with half the parachute payments and a limit set for our maximum spending.

Our future will be set in stone bar a financial intervention from DrT with some very creative sponsorship.

I wanted Bruce out since january/february because I invisaged that it would continue with this method of "negative-hoofball-&-hope" giving us no chance of promotion.

It's never too late because the future is always a new beginning.

so

Bruce Out for the future of Aston Villa Football Club.

The future starts now - possibly after our next 0-0 draw/0-1 loss - how the club manages that is more relevant than flogging a dead horse (at best a dead man walking)

Over to you Doc!

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I agree with the sentiment, but my feeling is that Bruce's "Shut people up" line will be accurate if we win the next two games comfortably. I know that is a hefty 'if'. 

I will gladly hold my hands up and I say I was wrong to call for him to go if we do that, and I hope others would do the same.

Like everyone on here, I desperately want to see us win the next two, but it will make zero difference in regard to my view on the manager. I simply want him gone, the sooner, the better. A few good results will not negate the 30+ horrible results (and performances) we've already had to endure during his 11 months here. 

If (and this is a monumental ''if') by some miracle he wins the next 8-10 games, then I'll admit I've been wrong to call for him to go. Even still, he'll mostly have to keep up the run for the remainder of the season, if we're to get promoted. We all know this will never happen.

I think we'll manage decent results in the next three games. Perhaps even 7 points. Which will only prolong the misery.

• Like 2

I came to the conclusion about April time that Bruce was not the man to take us up. The article in the paper that keeps being linked rang just to many alarm bells with the paralles between his time at Sunderland and again here. There was a number of people who had come to that conclusion before me so fair play to them on that score.

I have asked on 2 or 3 occasions on here if those who think we should persist with Bruce could give those that dont an idea as to why  they think that is.

Its fair to say that those who think his time is more than up have given a mirade list of his failings which from my point of view seem to increase with every passing week.

Perhaps someone who believes  that Bruce needs even more time could give us  2 or 3 pointers as to why that would be best for the club.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

22 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

At some point the penny must drop. the gamble that was - Sack RDM -> get Steve "4promotions" Bruce in -hasnt worked. We must cut our losses now and go down a new route of "build and improve" to get back to the PL, time is our only enemy (meaning that it will be harder the longer it takes). So we cant persist with a quick fix approach - Bruce is not a "Build and improve" type of manager and indeed he doesnt have many years left in him. We CAN afford one more - "Puts balls on the line-front foot-lets score more than we conceed" manager for this season as we are not too far off the top 2 and the nature of this league opens its legs wide open for some clever-dick with balls to shaft it. This WILL NOT happen with Bruce. So we should end it - move on - and have one last go. We have nothing to lose now because failure this season means that next season is a whole new ball-game with our pack of cards shuffled considerably. Next season is a whole new world we will lose the good SJ (dramatic improvement - hats off) Chester Terry Taylor (possibly) Snodgrass - Hourihane/Lansbury/Adomah (possibly) Onomah and the difference between relegation and 13th last season KODJIA (note - this is how bad a job Bruce has done - no Kodjia<->no goals) and the bad Gaby & Hutton (Richards with one more year?) We will have to replace nearly a full team with half the parachute payments and a limit set for our maximum spending. Our future will be set in stone bar a financial intervention from DrT with some very creative sponsorship. I wanted Bruce out since january/february because I invisaged that it would continue with this method of "negative-hoofball-&-hope" giving us no chance of promotion. It's never too late because the future is always a new beginning. so Bruce Out for the future of Aston Villa Football Club. The future starts now - possibly after our next 0-0 draw/0-1 loss - how the club manages that is more relevant than flogging a dead horse (at best a dead man walking) Over to you Doc!

@alreadyexists just for you. read away

Sorry, but layouts like that do my eyes in on my iphone

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, DevonIsAPlaceOnEarth said:

I agree with the sentiment, but my feeling is that Bruce's "Shut people up" line will be accurate if we win the next two games comfortably. I know that is a hefty 'if'. 

I will gladly hold my hands up and I say I was wrong to call for him to go if we do that, and I hope others would do the same.

In itself, it wouldn't be enough for me.  I'll happily admit if I'm wrong, but part of the problem (as I see it), is we are very capable of going on a run of winning games...but equally capable of going on a really bad run of games.  I suspect if we stick with this regime, we will have both throughout the season and end up in upper-mid-table region.  Which isn't good enough, even if we do win the next five games on the bounce.

Admittedly, that makes it pretty difficult for me to be convinced in the short term, but that's the way I see it.  Perhaps if we have three to four solid months of good results, backed up by progress in the nature of performances, recovery from bad moments and properly competing against the best sides in the division - I will be more convinced.  But I don't see that happening.  I'm also probably influenced by last season, when we had one strong run of results, which turned out to mean very little in the context of the wider progress we have to make, as it wasn't built on anything sustainable.

I realise this comes across as pretty defeatist, and I hope I'm wrong - best scenario is that the corner has turned and we properly improve with Bruce.  I just can't see it right now.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Jareth said:

You're ranting about Bruce's team, that game was the B team, and the reason attendance was so low. Anyone with their eyes open would have known he was going to make lots of changes. The attacks your are levelling on the manager are about the first team and last time they played it was 0-3 away from home. And all this talking up tension between manager and players, elphick and mcoremack do not like the manager, hogan went off injured, but all the determined Bruce out fan can see is their own vision of the future that they want so badly that everything else they see must fit in. 

I think you make some fair points.....but did he have to make SO many changes.....a bit of momentum would have gone down well.

I think some of the criticism aimed at him is fair......some of it is questionable.

Edited by TRO

53 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I think there's a very good chance we will get 7-9 points by the end of September  

I look at that 442 and I think most managers would achieve that in our coming games. 

I agree but the real test will be in October when we play wolves Fulham and blues - 7 from those 3 as well and we would be back in business but it’s hard to see it .

• Like 1

This is how I see it: 

Anything but 3 point points tomorrow and he will get it bad after losing Tuesday. 

If we had played a strong team on Tuesday and still lost then he would have already got it really bad regardless of tomorrow's result. 

If we had played a strong team on Tuesday and won and then did not win tomorrow he would get it really bad because they are shattered. But also because he is a shit manager and we are a shit team. 

If we had played a strong team on Tuesday and won and then also win tomorrow he will get it a little bit less than he usually deserves. But this scenario can never happen so he will still get it bad.

basically better win tomorrow Brucey boy.  

It seems to me that the formation and set up at Barnsley is as close to our best offering as can be . Steve Bruce needs to adopt a system that represents the best squad in the division like most folk have said.

4-4-2 gives us the best balance IMO and should be our default formation, subject to injuries and suspensions to key players.

4-2-3-1 is a possibility playing 2 holders for a tough away game

4-1-4-1 is another possibility, but leaves a striker too much to do.

4-5-1 should be avoided at all costs unless we are coming off a run of defeats and want to stop the rot.

4-3-3 is a possibility when the swagger comes back and we are winning comfortably....particularly at Home.

3-5-2 Is another formation I would avoid, with aging centre backs.

5-3-2 Is a formation we should never have to consider with our squad.

Having said all of that.....11 players have to be on top of their game to win anything.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Â