Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

I said it before I think our squad really isnt all that and it is Bruce fault. Our strength last season is now our weakness at centre back. Leaking stupid goals every game. Squad is still very unbalanced and think a new manager wont get us out of this shit immediately

If we had a new manager who could get us scoring goals in open play, maybe we could actually outscore the opposition with all the attacking talent we have in the squad.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

If we had a new manager who could get us scoring goals in open play, maybe we could actually outscore the opposition with all the attacking talent we have in the squad.

Only 3 teams have scored more goals than us so far this season. Its the defence that is costing us which is meant to be one of his expertise

Bruce getting excuses in again

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/7272643/steve-bruce-aston-villa-fans-sacked/

STEVE BRUCE has responded to Aston Villa fans who sang “sacked in the morning” during their 1-1 draw with Blackburn Rovers.

The promotion hopefuls were staring defeat in the face before Conor Hourihane scored a free-kick in added time to salvage a point.

However, it was the disjointed performance which angered supporters, leading to them chanting “you're getting sacked in the morning” at their beleaguered boss.

Bruce has now responded to those calling for his head, admitting the performance was frustrating to watch and asking for support to help the players turn things around.

Bruce said: “It’s been a hard gig over the last 12 months. We’ve had to rip a team apart that got us to the play-off final.

“Then, with the problems we’ve had financially, thankfully the new owners have come in and breathed life back into the club.

“We were in a desperate way. We’ve managed to go to work in the last three or four weeks of the transfer window.

“We’ve brought in four or five players and it’s like starting all over again.

“But the message to all of them is you need time, and constant change means it’s always difficult, whether it’s managers, coaches and players.

“Every manager who manages Villa is always going to come under pressure. We’ve lost one out of seven in the league but we’re under pressure. That’s the way it is.”

• Haha 1

On 20/02/2018 at 23:31, Fairy In Boots said:

He’s limited as a manager, he holds us back and there’s no plan B which gets found out against a top 8 team. Just look at our results we’d not beaten a top team till Bristol. A half decent manager could have this squad on Wolves heels but alas no we’re parking the bus at rivals home, playing players out of position continually after they’ve repeatedly failed in that position. Tactically attacking we’ve reverted to pumping it to Hogan because the 18 odd games in which we’ve done that already this season to no avail aren’t enough for a conclusive decision that it doesn’t work. 

It’s playoffs and we’ll get done by an organised side of inferior players. I’ve said it before but it’s so apt it’s unreal, it’s like watching a car crash in slow motion because his tactics work against the chaff sides he’ll get a win and the mob (which is how I see the vast majority of villa fans) will say “hey we won at the weekend how can you criticise. And the cycle will repeat.

Said that I’m Feb, 7 months later and he wins against an abysmal Rotherham side and the nightmare continues. 

I view “Bruce in” folk as sadomasochistic now tbh 

• Like 1

You are right about one thing Steve , the new owners have breathed fresh life into the club.... what a pity Steve that your foul stench of desperation, excuses and overall shitness is choking the newly found fresh life ... 

He is a relic of a bygone era where you could get away with the nonsense he spouts ... about putting boots on blah blah blah ... It’s no wonder if that is the level of first class English old skool coaching we have won  jack shit in this country since 66...

Watching Pep on All or Nothing ... the passion the thoughtfulness and insight... the knowledge on how to dictate play through different phases, in game manipulation ... And we get **** SB ... all I ask is they put their boots on and pull their sleeves up....  

• Like 1

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/09/17/steve-bruce-shares-three-signings-aston-villa-missed-out-on-this/

Steve Bruce has suggested to the Express and Star that Aston Villa did not get things all their own way in the transfer window.

Villa’s new owners came in towards the end of the summer, and they provided Bruce with funds.

The claret and blues made some impressive loan signings, with the likes of Tammy Abraham and Yannick Bolasie signing up.

However, Villa’s results this season have not been particularly impressive, and Bruce is falling under severe pressure.

Villa failed to beat Blackburn Rovers at the weekend, as they were held to a 1-1 draw.

But Bruce feels that Villa’s squad still need more time to gel, as they missed out on three signings he wanted.

“When you are manager of Aston Villa and you are trying to build a squad in three weeks, four weeks it’s not going to happen,” Bruce said.

“We missed out on a left back, two centre-backs. I could have brought someone in for the sake of it but I had to be patient myself. I know what I’ve got here and what we’ve put together and we will be there or thereabouts given time.”

Villa are currently in 12th place in the Championship table, with their next match coming against Rotherham United tomorrow evening.

I accept that its difficult for a manager when the product on the pitch is turgid.

However, i find it equally difficult to accept that Aston Villa is some sort of exception, when it comes to pressure or expectation.

No one had more pressure than Ron Saunders, after previous years of being in the doldrums, managers like Tommy Docherty could not make it work......Ron could and most of decisions were right, no primma donnas, but he had a way of working, not to everyones liking, i might add.....but he done it.

The job is like this......you can do it or you can't......it soon becomes clear.

Edited by TRO

7 hours ago, srsmithusa said:

you may absolutely be correct.  But the reason you may be correct is because most fans are idiots.  Most on here are finally seeing what has been clear to others for months and months. 

I'm not guaranteeing the future.  There is no guarantee that a new manager would "immediately change results".... but it might.   the odds of performances and results hitting a significant improvement if he stays? 1%  the odds of performances and results hitting significant improvement if somebody else tries? 10%  the odds of performances and results hitting significant results improvement if somebody really promising, dedicated, energetic, with a clear footballing vision takes over? 30%.   Where is the smart money?  we are currently at the roulette wheel betting on blue  (the only winning possibilities I believe, are red or black.)

Lots of if buts and maybe's in there smithy......I don't think fans are idiots, they just have a variety of opinions.

i don't think Steve Bruce is an idiot.....just a manager who can't get it to work.

The owners have opinions too.....and its theirs that count when dealing with a managers future.

We can expose our frustrations, but thats all it is.

Steve Bruce wants a solution as much as we do.....its just that we are frustrated with his attempts at getting it right........that is slowly manifesting itself in to the fans doubt of his ability to deliver promotion.

1 hour ago, Villan4Life said:

"That's the way it is" reminded me of that 80s song by Bruce (coincidence) Hornsby and The Range. Something's will never change - ain't that the truth!

Â