Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

12 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Wouldn't bang average have been 12th ?

He failed twice in succession - played some total dross for long periods and when he got the chance to show the world what he could do - failed miserably - he has 4 promotions in 20 odd years of football management without ever setting the world alight - imo this is  average ?

• Like 2

4 hours ago, TRO said:

don't shoot the messenger.....that's what he told me face to face.

But to re-address the facts....He played 29 in div 2 1988-89 in the league and 7 in the cups

12 in Div 1 1989-90 in the league and 2 in the cups

There you go. 

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

He failed twice in succession - played some total dross for long periods and when he got the chance to show the world what he could do - failed miserably - he has 4 promotions in 20 odd years of football management without ever setting the world alight - imo this is  average ?

I think you are exaggerating greatly at a guess because you don't like him ?

He didn't as you put it "failed miserably"  he also didn't have 2 full seasons and amusingly much as some can't grasp it, he didn't spunk money buying loads of players.

While he hasn't won promotion there has been significant improvement results wise over the 2 years, which again oddly seems to be what people want ? Continued improvement.

I'm all for getting a proven quality manager however we are not in magic unicorn world which means there are no certainties or guarantees.

• Like 3

No way would he walk and forfeit the compensation.

Would be very strange and stupid.

Not that I would complain as it would save the club a chunk of cash.

32 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

He didn't as you put it "failed miserably"  he also didn't have 2 full seasons and amusingly much as some can't grasp it, he didn't spunk money buying loads of players.

While he hasn't won promotion there has been significant improvement results wise over the 2 years, which again oddly seems to be what people want ? Continued improvement.

I'm all for getting a proven quality manager however we are not in magic unicorn world which means there are no certainties or guarantees.

Yes you are right I don't particularly like him as a football manager - I'm surprised you don't view the play off final as a miserable failure - but I accept your right to hold the opposite view.

Regardless of how you dress things up - he has over the course of his tenure had significant resource in terms of wages/fees etc and I would repeat 4 promotions in 20 odd years does contribute towards an average reputation imo 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Going by our performance in the final of the play - offs,  I would say he failed miserably.

Will be happy with Henry and whilst I understand Bruce has failed with what we all wanted and kind of expected I will genuinely feel gutted for the man himself. If it is the end for you Steve..... Although you didn’t get us back to the promised land thank you for steadying the ship and developing the team spirit that at points last season had us all excited! Good luck for the future 

• Like 2

Â