Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

I'm very unhappy with this, when the f***has 5-3-2 worked for us?? Was that supposed to be a more attacking formation when we were 2 goals down?? The result of that master stroke tactics was that Adomah, our best scorer was played further back. The same with Grealish, playing further down the pitch and disappeared. Hourihane? Where was he supposed to play, completely wanished. We lost our play completely and hardly created anything, just hoofing it towards Davis. In one stroke half of our team was played out of position.

The last 15 mins of the first half we managed to put them under pressure and played well. If we wanted to play more attacking, why not just take one midfielder off and go 4-4-2?

We looked tired and uninspired from the beginning, we should have seen that coming having played that huge game against wolves three days earlier, why not make one or two changes? Birkir scored the goal of his life, let him play instead of Jedinak who looked tired from the start for example.

Very bad managed by the Steves and Colin. You made a mess of it.

• Like 2

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Changed to 442 against Preston at HT and it worked. That change should have been made at HT again.

Today 532 with Jedi as a wingback.

I'm out.

Jedi wasn’t wingback, he was the left centre back. Adomah was on the left of a midfield 5.

In hindsight there are probably quite a few things that should have been done different for this game when it comes to selection and way of attacking.

Pretty sure Bruce knows that but it is what it is.

Jedi not having the legs for 2 games in such a short time and him not being the right fit for this game was kinda predictable even before the game, also us being dominated in the air against QPR not a huge shock.

Costly mistakes sadly.

No changes at HT, and the wrong changes when they were made also cost us dearly.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, andym said:

Shocking performances away to Cardiff, Wolves, Derby and Fulham.

Blowing a 2-0 lead at home to Sheffield Utd

0-0 at home against a Boro team who had 10 men for 85 mins, 0-0 at home to Milwall and Brentford, losing at home to Sheffield Wednesday.

And then tonights disgraceful performance.

For as much as he's capable of getting the team to put in great performances, these type of games have happened too many times this season, and too many times under his tenure, and it is highly likely to cost us automatic promotion.

Totally agree and it's why I and others have voiced the opinion that he is not the man to return us to where we feel we belong.

credit is due to who ever be it  - SB, 

Agnew, Calderwood or a combination of all for the recent run but as you rightly point out we always seem 1 game away from a terrible performance.

This is not a knee jerk reaction moreover an observation to a long term issue imo 

• Like 1

Bruce has got a lot right this year but today he needs to take a portion of the blame for not freshening the team up after the mamouth effort we put in against Wolves on Saturday and not changing the pattern of play which wasn't working today. The players are also not faultless.

This was always a candidate to be a tough game given QPR really had nothing to lose.

The big test for Bruce will be getting us 3 points in the next game (vs Bolton) and ensuring that today's game was a blip rather than a season defining moment.

If we win the next one and Cardiff lose suddenly we're back in it (not that I expect that to happen!).

Anyway, personally I think we just need to accept we've had a bad day in the office and support Bruce to take us up.

Edited by Brumstopdogs

2 minutes ago, terrytini said:

It looked like fatigue to me too, I agree with him.

It probably was fatigue Terry, yes, but are Cardiff feeling tired, or Fulham? They probably are, but they keep winning. We have been on a great run and things can still change again in our favour, but you have to say that was extremely disappointing and worryingly so given the opposition. Hard to not feel concerned by that, surely?

• Like 1

Â