Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

2 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I don't disagree with your sentiment, but it's worth noting the players got roundly booed at full time on Saturday.

No mistaking that.

Well there were boo's, I think it's hard to definitively say if they were directed at Bruce, the players or both. Irrespective of that, two of the young players he is referencing weren't even on the pitch at the final whistle.

2 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

If after 11 months, yes 11 not 6 or 9 Steve, the board intend to allow a single game at home against Middlesbrough to influence their descision, then I despair. 

it is just the last straw. Plus those who have been defending for SB (unfortunately they have power in the club) cannot defend anymore if we lose again. 

A young, tactically-capable and enthusiastic manager is what we need. I very much doubt that SB has assistants that can train players well, so the new manager has to have a team coming with him. 

Let's hope we can see an OA the morning after the next game.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

It is what he does. Excuses.

He still claims Sunderland fans never accepted him because he was a Geordie.

I am not even sure it is an act at this point, or quotes to ensure self preservation. He is genuinely deluded.

I agree, called him on it in the summer. 

I'm just waiting for him to play the 'never accepted me because of Blues' card and reference McLeish once he gets the boot.

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Well there were boo's, I think it's hard to definitively say if they were directed at Bruce, the players or both. Irrespective of that, two of the young players he is referencing weren't even on the pitch at the final whistle.

The boos at full time died out.

The players then came to the Holte to do their standard end of the match clap and the boos started again. It was undoubtedly aimed at them.

But fair enough about the young players, I slightly misread the posts, sorry.

1 minute ago, Stevo985 said:

The boos at full time died out.

The players then came to the Holte to do their standard end of the match clap and the boos started again. It was undoubtedly aimed at them.

But fair enough about the young players, I slightly misread the posts, sorry.

Ah fair enough, wasn't aware of that I didn't follow the game really I felt I'd seen it before it even kicked off. 

That is fairly clear it was directed at the players even if not the young ones.

Would people rather we lost or won against Middlesbrough?  I struggle with the thought of going into any game wanting us to lose (instinct just takes over)...however, I don't see Bruce turning this around and so a win in itself is pretty much meaningless.

Ultimately I think it would be better for our medium / long term if we were to lose and it forces the issue.  But it's pretty sad to feel like that

28 minutes ago, mrjc said:

Would people rather we lost or won against Middlesbrough?  I struggle with the thought of going into any game wanting us to lose (instinct just takes over)...however, I don't see Bruce turning this around and so a win in itself is pretty much meaningless.

Ultimately I think it would be better for our medium / long term if we were to lose and it forces the issue.  But it's pretty sad to feel like that

There are no guarantees bruce will go if we lose - if that was the case I would take the one game loss in the knowledge his departure would give us a far better chance of resurrecting our season . 

Edited by Eastie
  • Like 1

The best outcome on Tuesday is we play like garbage again but win due to 'brough scoring an own goal.

Edit: well actually the best outcome is everything clicks and we play like gods and win 4-0 to kickstart our promotion campaign but you know

Edited by Phumfeinz
  • Like 1

Villa were mentioned briefly on Sunday Supp yesterday. One of the journalists stated that although he hadn't attended recent Villa games his father had and informed him the football Villa were playing under Bruce was dreadful.

Thankfully the media are now also starting to notice so when Bruce is finally sacked he hopefully won't have the old pals act to fall back on?

45 minutes ago, mrjc said:

If i thought he would go straight after i would take the lose.  I dont think he would be gone though.  When a manager comes out and public says he doesnt know how to fix things and is still in a job 4 weeks later, i dont hold out much hope in him getting the chop anytime soon.

I have seen from other sources ( YT Fans React & BM) that there are still some fans out there who still think that Bruce still needs time and can turn this around soon.

( insert frog/pot of boiling water analogy here)

Steve, do you coach the team? "No I let someone else do that. I occasionally stand and watch , but I sit in my office acting managerial most of the time. The players respect you more when you do that".

Do you work on the tactics while you're sat in your office? "No I don't do tactics, I leave that to my experienced players to sort out when they're on the pitch on match days. That's their job, that's what they they're being paid for! The only thing I say to them is, try to avoid going out of your own half too much".

How about man motivation? "Ah, that's a manager's real job, that's what I'm good at. You know, the arm round the shoulder, I'm a lovely bloke, and you're a brilliant player sort of stuff". Is it working Steve? "Give it time, I've only been here six months!"

What else do you do Steve? "I pick the team." How's that working out? "I'll admit that I may have been picking the wrong team lately although I blame the kids for that, but I've only been here nine months".

You couldn't make it up, and sadly I'm not making it up.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, AJ said:

I have seen from other sources ( YT Fans React & BM) that there are still some fans out there who still think that Bruce still needs time and can turn this around soon.

( insert frog/pot of boiling water analogy here)

I wish there was a frogs chance in boiling water, they were right.  They're not

2 hours ago, mrjc said:

Depends really ...Ive lost confidence in Bruce. - But I don't see Pardew, Moyes or some unknown overseas manager doing any better. My hope is he hangs on until someone decent becomes available.

2 hours ago, Deisler123 said:

it is just the last straw. Plus those who have been defending for SB (unfortunately they have power in the club) cannot defend anymore if we lose again. 

A young, tactically-capable and enthusiastic manager is what we need. I very much doubt that SB has assistants that can train players well, so the new manager has to have a team coming with him. 

Let's hope we can see an OA the morning after the next game.

Don't know about anyone else but Deisler posting this makes me optimistic of a new manager being in charge very shortly. 

A very good post, especially the part about the assistants being unable to train players very well! 

Â