Steve Bruce

Demitri_C

Just now, Farlz said:

I don't know what to think. I wouldn't care if he's sacked tomorrow but then the other half of me thinks constantly sacking managers hasn't got us anywhere and It would result it yet another big change in backroom staff, I'd like some stability for once.

Basically this whole thing is shit. 

Don't see this as being the time to attract a manager anyway so might as well give hIm to the summer and assess the situation then when there is better chance of tempting a new manager should we go down that route.

2 minutes ago, Farlz said:

I don't know what to think. I wouldn't care if he's sacked tomorrow but then the other half of me thinks constantly sacking managers hasn't got us anywhere and It would result it yet another big change in backroom staff, I'd like some stability for once.

Me too, I'm finding it hard to care.  Can I see us being in the Premier League in 18 months with Bruce in charge despite our form?  Yes, it's fairly likely, but it's not exactly going to be thrilling even if we do.  I'm not really convinced by the strategy of signing all the Championship players for big money.  It seems to me that most of the best players are cheap and bust a gut, working hard to get where they are but give them a big transfer fee it adds a whole level of pressure they're not used to handling.

I wouldn't mind if we pulled the trigger on Bruce now if meant we could get the right manager in straight away. 

We're not going up but have a more than capable squad of players to use. 

The new manager would have the rest of the season to properly assess the team and install methods ahead of preseason. 

Waiting till the summer would limit the time for a new boss to work with the team in a competitive environment. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Michael118 said:

I've been posting here just over 12 months and been right about Bruce, RDM, Xia, Garde, Elphick, Ayew, Grealish, Gil, Gueye, Clark, Traore, Gollini, Jedinak, Chester, Baker.

All against popular opinion.

That's just off the top of my head and I could add more.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, VillaCas said:

Drink driving and 'bad stories(?)' have nothing to do with what he does on the pitch. McCormacks previous reputation was ironically as a fantastic trainer. Whilst maybe some unsavoury episodes off the pitch, He has no reputation at all for being difficult to manage

Source?

16 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Did he turn down an approach from wolfsburg recently ?  

Yup. If he chooses to leave Huddersfield, it'll be for bigger and better things than a struggling Championship side.

3 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yup. If he chooses to leave Huddersfield, it'll be for bigger and better things than a struggling Championship side.

We're not just any struggling Championship side, we're the mighty Aston Villa! Someday it will turn around and the man who does it can fulfill all his and our dreams. We just need someone who believes it and has the tools to do it.

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, Eastie said:

Don't see this as being the time to attract a manager anyway so might as well give hIm to the summer and assess the situation then when there is better chance of tempting a new manager should we go down that route.

Yep, we could find ourselves with another Eric Black situation if we are not careful. Nobody worth their salt is going to leave a club to take over here at this point of the season, so I guess we are stuck with Bruce and have got to hope it starts to click soon.

Main problem I have with the way we are playing at the minute, is like a few people have mentioned on here recently I think;

I obviously want us to win every game, but when we line up how we did against Ipswich I'm left feeling in a lose/lose situation. If we don't win - speaks for itself. If we do, I don't want that to be how we start setting up week in week out because quite frankly it's ridiculous. Some people may argue it's about the result, but that's where we all differ. I for one am not content with the squad we have to be playing this dour football, it's mind numbingly pathetic. 

People may argue it takes time. Look at the Hull manager who has come in, the type of manager who is tactically aware, also proving it doesn't take months to change a system. I'm not mentioning him for any other reason than giving an example of what more tactically astute managers can offer. Before we didn't have the squad to benefit from someone like that, however I feel we now do. I would elaborate more on some of the things he's implemented there which is obvious to see but I feel there is no point at this moment in time. I just don't feel we have the right management team in place to get this team to fulfill its potential. 

Problem is I don't know who we could get in to take us forward. Well, I do, but they definitely wouldn't come here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

I'm thinking Spurs. 

Our January window was so slow. Selling gestede and not immediately replacing when we had Kodjia and Ayew out was madness. It was all down from there. 

Its no coincidence that Jedinak has been missing (nearly) throughout too, nor the fact that our squad is league one quality! Despite the reservations here we shouldn't have sold Westwood, nor let Gollini go (coz he won't be back now). I don't think Bruce has 'managed' McCormac well at all despite him being a prick (read Gabby). Letting Ayew go was also madness.

• Like 2

I don't want yet another manager to get sacked, I want to see us build something for the long term.

Yet we are edging closer and closer to the wrong end of the table.

Bruce won't see out the season if we don't pick up some points soon and as stories go, the ex Lulu manager gets replaced with the ex-Lulu manager & Villan.....Gary Rowett.

Ripping up an entire team and way of playing mid season, despite with good reasoning is suicidal. We now have all the elements we need to be a promotion chasing side but Bruce hasn't a **** clue how to put the puzzle together, we could get relegated before he finds the right formula.

• Like 1

Â