Next Villa Manager

Richard

Just now, Fairy In Boots said:

Completely uninspired by Bruce, especially when Rowett is a Villa fan and looks to be a good young manager. It's systematic of the villa for the last few years though paper over cracks and hope for the best. 

Also jury is very much out on Steve Round over this, I believe RDM wasn't the right choice but where's the planning? Reports of Steve Cotterill being interviewed is small time. 

And also completely untrue.

So much BS is written it staggers me that people just accept it.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I still don't think it will be Bruce.

Any gut feeling as to who it might be, Trent? 

I can't see Clarke being anywhere near the final 2. Someone unmentioned? 

9 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So the chairman was lying about his manager saying he would not leave for another championship club no matter who it was? Would be a pretty stupid move any way you look at it. I'll keep these straws for you.

You said Wagner ruled himself out, he didn't, it was the chairman. Also Ive seen many occasions where chairman have come out and said he is not leaving or he is not for sale. Next day they are gone, thats football.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

And also completely untrue.

So much BS is written it staggers me that people just accept it.

I did say reports. I'm still very much unconvinced by the new setup. Tony is keen an has money but I remain unconvinced by Round. Bruce isn't like by lots of Villa fans I don't think many lessons are being learned from the previous regime. 

4 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

You said Wagner ruled himself out, he didn't, it was the chairman. Also Ive seen many occasions where chairman have come out and said he is not leaving or he is not for sale. Next day they are gone, thats football.

Because then the manager gets all the stick from the fans for being disloyal, and the not chairman for failing to keep them. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fairy In Boots said:

I did say reports. I'm still very much unconvinced by the new setup. Tony is keen an has money but I remain unconvinced by Round. Bruce isn't like by lots of Villa fans I don't think many lessons are being learned from the previous regime. 

Yes but you also said it was small time like the reports made it true, which it isn't.

In this post again you are judging them on reports it will be Bruce.

Too many people take what is reported by Sky as gospel. Let's judge the board on the actual appointment rather than the BS written before it.

• Like 1

Brian Little said he wouldn't leave Leicester to manage us 4days later he was our manager. As @richard said things can change quickly who things that are said are not necessarily true. However in this case I fear it is true and we Wagner will stay. 

8 hours ago, VillaCas said:

I still think it could be Wagner. He would be nuts to turn us down! There is no comparison between the potential at Huddersfield and with us. Opportunities like Villa might only come rarely (or threes or four times a season depending on your perspective ha)

The Huddersfield chairman has made a statement as a preemptive strike to try and hang on to his man but until The uninspiring Bruce is appointed I still think we have a good chance

If you look at the things he has done at Huddersfield in a short time, it's similar to what the Doctor has said he wants for Villa.  We've already brought in Southampton's analyst and a technical director, and with Cowans leaving it seems we are getting quite a shake up all round.  It could be a project he is up for as he will get lots of money to make it work.

• Like 1

I have faith that the doc will make the right decision in his mind.  That might not be the right decision for the rest of us!  Just can't see him being excited over Bruce.  He has grand plans and ideas. Potato Head just does not fit his remit.  

However he will listen to the football people that know more than him.  So we could end up with him.

Interesting to see where we are heading!

We have to get behind whoever they bring in and put the club before any personal opinions.

• Like 2

I really hope Wagner can be persuaded!

The thought of Bruce or Clarke being the options is like being given the choice of chinese water torture or chinese water torture with the hot tap!

9 minutes ago, Richard said:

The Huddersfield chairman said Wagner wouldn't go to another championship club? Bristol city also said kodjia wouldn't be going to another championship club . Not saying it's Wagner just saying things change 

The Huddersfield chairman says its Wagner who has said all this, which you would think makes it way more credible. Plus from what I've read Wagner sounds like a loyal person. 

14 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Looks like someone has carved a Steve Bruce lookalike out of a joint of gammon.

Thanks . I can now cross gammon off my foods I like list 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I paid no attention to the guys name when I read the original post. I can't stop laughing now!  Nick Mashitter is genius! 

Good job his first name isn't Phil !!!!!

• Like 3

Suprised at how much talk there is on here about his blues connection might be an issue. We've spent years moaning about the press reporting that mcleish was hated here because of that when it was actually because he was a truly appalling manager. 

Anyway if memory serves well I seem to remember a couple of years ago Bruce was getting dogs abuse at Villa Park and he turned to the crowd and made some kind of signal,  can't remember what is was but it was well received and he actually got a round of applause.  

I think he and us know the score. He managed out nearest rivals so he knows when he is on the other side we are duty bound to give him abuse

He knows it's not personal and as far as I am concerned and pretty much everyone else I have spoken to we will give him full backing until such time as he shows he cannot manage this club like mcleish or RDM or Lambert or Sherwood or anybody else who shows they are not good enough to run the club regardless of where they managed or played previously. 

• Like 2