Next Villa Manager

Richard

The people saying Woy, what on earth are ye taking, hes a charlatan of a manager. Has everyone literally ignored the who euros, then the way he tried not to give a exit interview and this is a guy you want as manager of our club. Id want Tactics Tim way ahead of that clown

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

How many did Gabby offer up last season??? Whoever takes over has a very good attacking line up to play with. 

Which is impotent no matter which combo is used due to the absence of any midfield (with the only exception being tish when fit).

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It's true. He has basically become the hot favourite and declared a messiah

Not seen anyone say that.

I've seen some people say they would like him as manager.  Personally I have doubts.  I have described him as the current flavour of the month.  I think there are managers out there I would much prefer.

Dyche,  who would be the new GTMK1 for us IMO,  Howe, Rowett these are the managers I would prefer but given out current state I think sadly they may be out of reach.  I'd be delighted if we got one of them but cant see it (@TRO hows that for not accepting our situation when I write off the current managers of Burnley,  Birmingham and Bournemouth for being out of our reach).

What I would say about Wagner is if it really has boiled down to a choice between him and Bruce (and personally I doubt that) then it is Wagner all day by a mile for me.

4 minutes ago, KJT123 said:

I think we have a number 1 target who is an unknown target and a big name Bruce is just a back up, just in case our number 1 doesn't want to come. He would be manager already if it was definitely homhim

20 minutes ago, sidcow said:

It's true. He has basically become the hot favourite and declared a messiah on the back of 11 games this season. 

We have gambled several times recently with young managers who may come good. I want an old experienced head please. 

Think his four years at Dortmund might have something to do with it and the work he has done to get to that point. 

We will be gambling whoever we appoint, Bruce is certainly a risk. We would be choosing a short-term fix and giving him at least three transfer windows to build a team in his image (see previous signings for what to expect). I understand nobody wants to think beyond promotion, but to me going for him would be a short-sighted panic appointment. One that WILL create problems down the line. I am convinced there are far better managers out there who could - with Xia's significant financial backing - turn Villa into a good football team again; one that can get promoted in 2018 with a way of playing that gives us a solid basis to kick-on with a selective additions.  I just don't think Bruce is the man to do that. We forget we have just been bought by a very wealthy owner with huge ambitious. He has already started putting the infrastructure in place for long-term success. We have a decent squad that will be improved in January when the new person comes in. We are missing one critical piece in the Jigsaw who can transform our fortunes.  Surely, we should be more ambitious than Steve Bruce. Lets get back to PL quickly, but with a  good manager at the helm ready to kick-on.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Lets face it we are screwed whoever we picked, and we will ruin their managerial career. Like every manager who has set foot at Villa Park bar Taylor. Positive thoughts!

Don't think so....think we are on the cusp of better days to come but need to get the appointment right

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

I have this terrible fear that if Bruce is bought in he will want to see what Gabby can offer.

He tends to love his premiership names!

What a stupid fear to have in the grand scheme of things.

As always, it is like some of you secretley have a crush on Gabby.

If there were a knitting section on here you would manage to mention him along with some sort of fibre.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

7 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What a stupid fear to have in the grand scheme of things.

As always, it is like some of you secretley have a crush on Gabby.

If there were a knitting section on here you would manage to mention him along with some dort of fibre.

Well every time he crosses the ball he gets stitch...... (Cross stitch knitting reference, I'll get me coat)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, KJT123 said:

Hoping it’s not down to just Clarke or Bruce, but if it is then clearly it has to be Bruce. Interesting bit of trivia is Clarke and have identical draw rates - Clarke has drawn 24.8% of his matches and Bruce has drawn 24.7% of his matches.  Exciting eh. 

Games Wins    Draws  Losses

Clarke              113      38        28        47        33.6% w/r

Bruce               784      295      194      295      37.6% w/r

Edited by Gary Thomas

Bruce had exploratory talks with Keith Wyness Villa's chief exec 3 times since Wed,the last a 20 mins chat y'day.

Keith is a BIG guy, surely Bruce would need more than 20mins to explore him thoroughly?