Next Villa Manager

Richard

33 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Exactly around the time Jedniak was signed and started playing. <_<

For what it's worth I think Jedinak playing deep with Westwood and Tish either side isn't a bad midfield 3, then we have a wealth of options for the the three ahead of them.  Problem is we haven't been able to pick them together and we are hideously light on replacements having let Sanchez and Veretout go.  We should really have kept at least one of them.  It's something that a new manager won't be able to address until January, whoever they are.

• Like 1

Just saw Steve Bruce's championship record on Twitter. Wow, if that is accurate it's pretty bloody good! That win ration would get us around 74 points I think. 

Games: 138 Won: 74 Drawn: 26 Lost: 38 Win ratio: 53.6%

Edited by Gary Thomas
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Just saw Steve Bruce's championship record on Twitter. Wow, if that is accurate it's pretty bloody good!

Games: 138 Won: 74 Drawn: 26 Lost: 38 Win ratio: 53.6%

to my knowledge he has never been fully funded in the Premier.

wouldn't be upset with the appointment.....think he would organise the defence.....man of principle, shows character.

29 minutes ago, TRO said:

It depends what you mean by ,our " best football" ......it can mean many things to many people.

"best football" to me means performance and result.....and that includes the defensive qualities of the game as well as the offensive side.

IMV our performances have had good moments during the season, but to say Carte Blanche they have been good is not accurate in my view.

Allowing the opposition back in to the game in a "Lilly livered" fashion is not my idea of a good performance.

Our best football and result this season!!! Is that clear enough? You seem to have gone on a some what weird tangent. Anyway who ever takes over will need to sort out CM straight away 

If we do end up with Bruce, we need to get behind him to give him a chance at getting us up. When things go pearshaped he'll be gone quicker than any other manager.

Till then we need him to get us out of here this season.

Once we are PL Dr X will react if the trap-door gets remotely close, so he'll be gone eventually.

we need

1) Wins on the board

2) signings in Jan

3) promotion in May

4) BIG spending for the PL

The manager is interchangable

The Targets are not.

18 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

Our best football and result this season!!! Is that clear enough? You seem to have gone on a some what weird tangent. Anyway who ever takes over will need to sort out CM straight away 

Sorry No, there is no weird tangent....I gave you a clear explanation ,I don't know how to make it clearer...you either get it or you don't.

ps agree about the midfield.

Edited by TRO

9 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

If we do end up with Bruce, we need to get behind him to give him a chance at getting us up. When things go pearshaped he'll be gone quicker than any other manager.

Till then we need him to get us out of here this season.

Once we are PL Dr X will react if the trap-door gets remotely close, so he'll be gone eventually.

we need

1) Wins on the board

2) signings in Jan

3) promotion in May

4) BIG spending for the PL

The manager is interchangable

The Targets are not.

3) could be May 2018 - just want to see real improvement this year - if we don't quite make I want be blaming Bruce, I will blaming our terrible start and the points we have wasted.

Depending on how he does, I think he will be kept as manager IF we get into the PL this or next season- at least until he starts to fail.  Do not see Doc or the board just cutting him adrift after promotion. That is when this idea that managers are easily interchangable will be tested.

Edited by Gary Thomas

1 hour ago, dn1982 said:

Be careful if you say we actually played our best football with Westood and Tish you'll be lynched!!! 

To be fair this coincides with the period Tshibola was injured too. I really think we've **** up with Jedniak and from what I've seen I'd rather have Westwood in the team. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TRO said:

to my knowledge he has never been fully funded in the Premier.

wouldn't be upset with the appointment.....think he would organise the defence.....man of principle, shows character.

You've obviously never heard of Sunderland 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, TRO said:

Sorry No, there is no weird tangent....I gave you a clear explanation ,I don't know how to make it clearer...you either get it or you don't.

ps agree about the midfield.

The weird tangent being you started going on about someone saying our footballs been good and I've no idea who Blanche is but something can still be the best of something even if it's not good. 

We very rarely do we get a manager that fits with us. We half arse it or just get it plain wrong. Last managers I can think off that fitted the club and whatever the culture was at the time. Taylor, Little, Gregory and O'Niell.

i think that part of the problem is that higher up within the club there hasn't been a plan. We need to get a a manager that fits and then get the luck(and hard work) so that it clicks. Lambert at Norwich, Dyche and Coyle at Burnley, Ranieri at Leicester, Rodgers at Swansea, Pulis at Stoke, Allardyce at Bolton. Right managers right time. Once their life span expires get rid. Hopefully this appointment is the one that gets us a manager than the fans can relate too, works well with the club and the players and gets us out of the division.

I fear Bruce is another stop gap who fits into the "get us out of the division as you have done it before" rather  than fitting the strategic plan and ethos for the club.

• Like 4

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

What a stupid fear to have in the grand scheme of things.

As always, it is like some of you secretley have a crush on Gabby.

If there were a knitting section on here you would manage to mention him along with some sort of fibre.

Good analogy!