Next Villa Manager

Richard

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ok fair enough mate we speak about it again when Bruce is confirmed.

i'm not saying it wont be Bruce, just highlighting it doesn't take a lot of money to change that particular market. 

I mean, according to all reports the interviewing has not even started yet. Not all ''favourites'' win.

I don't think we should read too much into the time taken. 

Tony seems like the kind of owner who would be hands on and want to meet any potential candidates. If reports that Tony isn't about until next week are true, it could still be Bruce who impresses him most. 

1 hour ago, Sam3773 said:

Dyche is probably the only candidate who both reassures and excited me. 

Excites? Crikey. He'd be a very good appointment but I don't think I would use the word exciting when it comes to Sean Dyche. 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Excites? Crikey. He'd be a very good appointment but I don't think I would use the word exciting when it comes to Sean Dyche. 

He seems some where in the middle of Bruce's dull but reassuring and Wagner's exciting yet risky. 

Excites may have been strong. He's not a one night stand, yet I'm not gonna marry him. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sam3773 said:

He seems some where in the middle of Bruce's dull but reassuring and Wagner's exciting yet risky. 

Excites may have been strong. He's not a one night stand, yet I'm not gonna marry him. 

I get what you mean. Sadly I think he is way above our level atm

On 05/10/2016 at 21:36, TrentVilla said:

God no.

I couldn't agree more. Paul McGrath has shown nothing to convince me he is the right man to become manager of this club though of course he is the best defender to walk his own clean Earth 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, imavillan said:

in the managerial market it does not take much money for odds to be slashed as not that many people have a bet on it because its largely down to guess work

if 3/4 of us from VT went and put £20 each on say, Dean Smith, at Corals (current odds 10/1) the odds will be slashed in half. 

Its a notoriously volatile market, look at Swansea, manager gone new one in. One that was not on anybodies radar.

I would not take any notice of the managerial betting market. look here and you will see some firms still quoting a price on Neil Warnock

It is the other way around. 

It is a volatile market because it is potentially not down to guess work. 

Most betting comes down to guess work because (in theory) no one can know the result of a match, it is a guess work all round. The bookies price in their odds and take home a good amount of money no matter the result. 

With a manager appointment, at some point someone is going to know the result before the bookies do, thus taking the guess work out of it. To cover themselves bookmakers give crap odds, adjust the odds dramatically anytime they get a bet in, restrict the maximum amount that can be bet and suspend betting anytime a decent volume of bets come in on one person. It makes for a much more volatile market. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dave J said:

Could someone tell me how many times has he taken a team down?

Never relegated from the championship so that's a plus :)

Bruce has never had proper owner who has backed him..am I right? Hopefully he hits the ground running. I just want someone in asap.. we need a new manager before the next match.. ideally by Monday. We can't afford to drop more points.