Next Villa Manager

Richard

This was posted on the BBC a few hours ago about Lee Johnson declaring his hat isn't in the ring, i have picked out this paragraph below. So, the list narrows, but that aside... This bit i have highlighted is interesting. Sure that gets done every time but even more important at the moment for employing clubs what with the Telegraph / police / HMRC stuff to come. Taking that extra time to screen the candidates... worth it. 

"Aston Villa have interviewed no-one yet for the vacant manager's job, with none planned until next week.

"Background checks and due diligence are still being done on the favoured candidates and Villa have to consider if an approach should be made to clubs employing any of those.

(link was the same as posted by someone earlier but http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/37573635 )

• Like 1

So Tom Ross believes Aston Villa's problems run deeper than the dug out.

Without the Villa Fan in their dug out, they would nearly be extinct, so he can shove that theory.

as Einstein said " same mistakes, same results"

Well we have changed just about every mortal soul.....but we are still looking for a manager to organise us and blend us.

He is intimating that its the players, that miss chances and concede goals, not managers.

.....But who sets them up, who buys them, who blends them, who selects them ,who trains them, who develops them, who analyses them, who tells them when they are doing wrong, who praises them?

The buck stops at that door, whether we like it or not.

I think Tom has been sharing too many Gin and Tonics over the years and has clouded his judgment.

We have had years under Lerner of getting things wrong.....Tony has had his first taste of it.....lets not kick him just yet, he has got one wrong.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Tom Ross is a word removed.

D1 It just gets me how the gravy train just don't stop in the confines of the ground....I'll bet he hasn't even seen one of our games

He talks of the performances being ok, but

No they have not been ok.....part performance has yes, other part performance has not.....we have thrown games away, how can that be good performance as a whole.

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

D1 It just gets me how the gravy train just don't stop in the confines of the ground....I'll bet he hasn't even seen one of our games

He talks of the performances being ok, but

No they have not been ok.....part performance has yes, other part performance has not.....we have thrown games away, how can that be good performance as a whole.

Never liked him as a pundit and he's always come across as a monumental bellend. And as you say, it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't seen a single second of our games under RDM.

**** him and Tony Butler (another one that used to boil my piss)*

***** hell, i've got a right cob on today.

Edited by Designer1

5 minutes ago, Designer1 said:

Never liked him as a pundit and he's always come across as a monumental bellend. And as you say, it wouldn't surprise me if he hasn't seen a single second of our games under RDM.

**** him and Tony Butler.

I have nothing personally against him....but they just come out due to their media status have minute responsibility for their comments and talk drivel about something that he appears he has done little research on .....he is no better than the players he criticises for letting the manager down.

He supposed to be a journalist and comes out with a bucket load of platitudes.

ps sorry off topic 

Edited by TRO

52 minutes ago, TRO said:

So Tom Ross believes Aston Villa's problems run deeper than the dug out.

Without the Villa Fan in their dug out, they would nearly be extinct, so he can shove that theory.

as Einstein said " same mistakes, same results"

Well we have changed just about every mortal soul.....but we are still looking for a manager to organise us and blend us.

He is intimating that its the players, that miss chances and concede goals, not managers.

.....But who sets them up, who buys them, who blends them, who selects them ,who trains them, who develops them, who analyses them, who tells them when they are doing wrong, who praises them?

The buck stops at that door, whether we like it or not.

I think Tom has been sharing too many Gin and Tonics over the years and has clouded his judgment.

We have had years under Lerner of getting things wrong.....Tony has had his first taste of it.....lets not kick him just yet, he has got one wrong.

You mean a Blues fan took an opportunity to have a dig at Villa?!

Colour me surprised! :rolleyes:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

You mean a Blues fan took an opportunity to have a dig at Villa?!

Colour me surprised! :rolleyes:

Well, he is supposed to be a journalist first.....if he is writing a piece in the B/Mail.....and he was.

If he is in a pub, giving it large....then fair do's , he's a blue nose.

30 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Read multiple sites saying Wagner was set to snub us. Obviously doesn't mean that's 100% true, but it's a little worrisome. 

I would suggest it means little, and should certainly not be worrisome.

Huddersfield fans may say he would be mad to join us and the Huddersfield board may say they hope to keep him, but that means nothing.

• Like 1