Next Villa Manager

Richard

It's not going to be Bruce now is it. 

If it was I am sure they would have got him in by now. They would want a quick appointment I think. 

In fact regardless I am disappointed no one has been appointed yet,  they surely did not start this process from scratch with the sacking of RDM?  I would have hoped they had some feelers out before and knew their preferred targets and how receptive they might be. 

3 hours ago, TRO said:

The Next Villa Manager should be one who has done his homework on us and can clearly demonstrate that in his presentation.

One who spends little time telling the interviewer what he has done in the past, but spends his time, energy and enthusiasm of what he is going to do to improve us (based on his research to date) in the coming weeks.

He needs to illustrate his short, medium and long term goals.

He needs to deal in concise and feasible explanations of method and structure that he intends to apply and a timescale for the progress to bear shoots.

He needs to demonstrate his ability to monitor individual player development by appraisal on a timely and consistent basis and implement a rewards system for outstanding dedication to duty.

He needs to be able to communicate clearly to board and fans, when/if  necessary,why he does what he does, when he does it.

He needs to have an open policy on training and be free to explain his methods to those within the club.

While results are the holy grail, The new manager needs to be able to present a set of core values that illustrate to the board that despite results not being what they are he has a complete handle on all the key elements that are crucial to achieving success.....Luck is not measurable but important and no manager should have to rely wholly and soley on it.....for the good or bad.

Any manager worth his salt and confidence in his own ability, should have no problem with this......opportunists with large ego's may struggle.

Hey Tro

why make it so complicated?

pick a system for our squad/1st 11 to play. Get them fit. Motivate them and get 3wins 2draws allowing 1 loss every 6 games.

Then - Win the play-offs

The Telegraph sting has changed the dynamic regarding managers/coaches appointments.

Imagine appointing "Ivor Badge" only to find he also "had-a-bung"?

Not only that but can you imagine the interest we create sacking/looking for a manager. Not only in the media but also in the "manager/coach circles".

Clarke can Caretake, so Our dreamteam can note who applies, who distances themselves and who they feel we could go for.

No hurry for 2weeks (Some of the squad are away). Who knows who applies?

What if Clarke (coach in waiting) wins a few including the Vermin and the S***? Does he not deserve a crack?

3 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Make of it what you will but I have seen a photo of Houllier in Birmingham today. Could just be a coincidence, as I really can't see him being in the hat with his dodgy ticker but seems odd.

He won't leave his sweet Red Bull gig for a managerial role.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I just realised it was Wagner! I'm not  ITK.  Every bookmaker is.

They'd have suspended betting. 

Edit - I'm not saying it won't happen, only that they're not ITK. They follow the bets. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.

53 minutes ago, Djemba_Villan said:

Make of it what you will but I have seen a photo of Houllier in Birmingham today. Could just be a coincidence, as I really can't see him being in the hat with his dodgy ticker but seems odd.

He was in Manchester last week for Soccerex.