PieFacE

why? If its been proven to be a better predictor for future results, then why is it more depressing than  using the previous full time result-stat to decide whether a team is going to win their next game (e.g. X has been in form recently so i think theyre going to win)

And people do the EXACT same but in less detail right? Pieface did exactly that but in a very simple way. X shouldnt have scored, Y should have done better.Crystal palace deserved the draw. Apart from he seemed to only look it from CP point of view from his post (imo). but of course, its in more detail, and put onto a map, so people find it "depressing"

Why would you not want to use something which is better indicator at predicting things than not using it at all (or other methods)? I find that much more depressing.

Edited by gharperr

Interesting, why are you only doing Crystal palace *should/could have" line of thinking. Why arnt you doing it for Arsenal aswell? (that map sort of does it fwiw). Missing the ramsay+sanchez should have scored.

ha trying to spell Coq is the worst. I cant ever do it aswell

ExpG

ExpG stands for Expected Goals. It measures not how many goals a team has scored, but how many goals an average team would have scored with the amount and quality of shots created.

Teams that produce more ExpG than they concede have the best chances of winning football matches

Well if I had a fair and balanced view then how would we argue? :D

Have to say I can't remember the Ramsay chance? Was it as clear cut as Wickham? Also Coq should have definitely gone!

Edited by PieFacE

yeh i dont disagree, he should have gone :P

urm cant really explain it very well. Ozil took about 5 seconds to pass on edge of area, and just played ramsay through who spun and shot over really quickly. But he had a ton of space to just turn properly. Not as clear cut but def should have hit target/scored

Yes but Arsenal had control of most of the game and should have won it more confortably. Not that impressed with Palace.

I wouldn't say they were in control at all. They created more chances sure, by I thought they lost the battle in midfield. They seem like classic Arsenal to me, they're a confidence side who might win 10 on the bounce before going 5 games without a win, or vice versa.

They certainly won't win the title as they are now.

Who will win the league then because Chelsea look totally unconvincing at the moment. Man City probably look favourites but I wouldn't write Arsenal off.

Chelsea or Man City. Chelsea will get going and once they do they will grind it out as normal. City are nominally as inconsistent as Arsenal, only they are also a much better side overall. They've looked every bit the Champions elect so far, as dreadful as Chelsea were yesterday City simply blew them away. Arsenal wouldn't/couldn't have done the same.

United interest me most. I'm not really sure what to expect from them.

While I don't disagree that they need a world class striker, it should be noted that they didn't actually create that many clear cut chances in either game either. 

EDIT: Anyway, this is OT, we should get back to Arsenal . . .

Edited by HanoiVillan

i dont think they have. Arsenal fans on another forum will be going crazy if it was semi-true. and they havent said a word. I think its close to impossible for them to get him at the moment though. Ronaldo dictacts what happens and he doesnt want to play CF. Theres just no strikers available which are an upgrade to benzema that they can get. (that i know of)

But y'know, RM are retarded and always have to dick around in transfer market for sake of it so who knows by end of window.

Edited by gharperr

Benzema is never ever ever ever going to happen. Why would the undisputed starting striker at the biggest club in the world leave to join Arsenal?

Im fairly sure this transfer rumour happens every single summer transfer window, it's a bit like us being in for Robbie Keane or Jermain Defoe

Benzema is never ever ever ever going to happen. Why would the undisputed starting striker at the biggest club in the world leave to join Arsenal?

Because lolMadrid. They always love to shake things up for the sake of it.

OH and ££££££££££. but ye probably wont happen

Â