PieFacE

why would you hope that? it's massively hurt italian football to the benefit of the bundesliga. it wouldn't be good for english football at all, would make it even harder for a club outside the richest to make any type of challenge to the established order by making it even harder to get the big cash bonus required by a couple of years in the CL.

I don't like seeing the english clubs struggle, it just underlines how mistake ridden the english game is. not sure why we value fast paced game with loads of errors so much, kills us at this level.

best they can hope for is Dinamo and Olympiakos taking points off each other. think 10 points usually gets you through next round and dont think Bayern be through come game 4 so dont think they will relax

Yes that would mean getting 4 pts off Bayern which is a lot to ask, but if Dinamo and Olympiakas take points off each other then they could qualify with as little as 7 pts. Its going to be tough for them.

The rules will change before we drop to 3 teams, UEFA are probably the only people in football better at making money than the premier league

Saw something earlier suggesting the gap in the coefficient has actually got slightly bigger already this year, it'll be towards the latter stages that we'll see it impact

why would you hope that? it's massively hurt italian football to the benefit of the bundesliga. it wouldn't be good for english football at all, would make it even harder for a club outside the richest to make any type of challenge to the established order by making it even harder to get the big cash bonus required by a couple of years in the CL.

I don't like seeing the english clubs struggle, it just underlines how mistake ridden the english game is. not sure why we value fast paced game with loads of errors so much, kills us at this level.

clubs outside the rich cant make a challenge anyway especially as the CL teams are a cartel plus FFP involved.

Also argue Italian teams have got their act together because of it since losing the extra spot they have 3 Europa League semi finalists and Juventus in final last year

• Like 3

I would agree but when you go from having a 1% chance of qualifying in fourth to a 0.01% chance of qualifying in third then I say take the hit and enjoy watching the glory hunting Brummie Reds squirm when they realise that their days of playing in the big cup are effectively over. 

• Like 1

Well it would serve the premier league right for all those teams in the Europa League who thought the competition was below them.

Yeah I agree with Zatman and The Rev on this one, the less teams in the CL the better. Personally I have always thought it should go back to the 1 team from each league being in it, you know the Champions of that league afterall it is called the Champions league. Whilst they all have the gauranteed cash cow that the CL brings them other teams have less and less chance of winning trophies, so screw them.

Personally I have quite enjoyed the lack of CL football on my tv this season, the teams in it epitomise everything that is wrong with modern football.

The English game (in fact football in general) needs to collapse and be purged of the greed, corruption and the corporate marketeers who have turned it into a crude commodity,

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Yeah I agree with Zatman and The Rev on this one, the less teams in the CL the better. Personally I have always thought it should go back to the 1 team from each league being in it, you know the Champions of that league afterall it is called the Champions league. Whilst they all have the gauranteed cash cow that the CL brings them other teams have less and less chance of winning trophies, so screw them.

Personally I have quite enjoyed the lack of CL football on my tv this season, the teams in it epitomise everything that is wrong with modern football.

Indeed, it is after all called the 'champions league', so why are there more non champions competing in it? The European Cup had it right, it was more about the elite, and not about having 3rd and 4th place teams slugging it out in a highly bloated competition.

Similar arguments should be made about the world cup and European championships. FIFA have made them tedious and bloated, all in the name of making money, and nothing else.

So how many Alexis going to get this year, 25, 30?

Has 5 in two games now.

That's why I just don't understand why people keep on banging about them signing another striker especially when their defence is always dropping clangers.

If Alexis gets 25-30 and Theo and Giroud get 15 each with the likes of Cazorla and Ozil also chipping in how many goals do you need? Liverpool scored near enough 100 goals in 13/14 and still couldn't win the league. You need to be mentally strong aswell which Arsenal lack on occasions although they were bang on today.

Â