PieFacE

That's an awful lot of words to say very little. It's not quantum mechanics, it's completely obvious what 'an expected goal' is, the explanation is right there in the title. 

But it's still a huge amount of text to ignore the only point that I made. You seem to think that Arsenal were the more deserving winners of both matches. Which I find a little odd, as I'd have thought that just like you were extremely supportive of why Arsenal were much better than Monaco, I'd have expected to see you making the same arguments in support of Bayern.

why is it a "little odd" if you understand xG metric? It becomes perfectly clear why i think Arsenal were more deserving if you understood it (which you apparently said you do)

I would be making the same arguments for BM if they beat arsenal in the xG metric but ended up losing the game, which they never. They lost on both. I fail to see the point youre trying to make? Arsenal deserved to win that game and they did?

Also if all that you took away from that is xG then you clearly didnt understand the point about looking at short term thinking (monaco went through so they deserved it) vs long term (using tools to try help reduce variance of variables to see who the deserving winners, one example was xG but that was only because you made a comment about it).

Edited by gharperr

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not a huge fan of Walcott but surely you play him from the start today given he played a huge part when they won 5-2 at Leicester?

Huth-Morgan would rather play Giroud than Walcott that's for sure and now Arsenal will have to push up and get back in the game, just like Man. City had to do last week which gave Leicester the space to kill the game.

Think Wenger's dropped another selection clanger here.

Spoiler

Ten years on Arsenal are still the same team, the personel changes but the philosophy doesn't. Bottle out of challenges, moan at every decision, lose your head, play with no composure or mental strength. Just look at Coq pushing off the substitution.

It is the kind of hot headedness and that Wenger breeds. 

Everybody else's fault. Babies.

as i always said, arsenal target this year is to finish 2nd. Year on year progression with winning cups. But i prey to fkin god they win it given the delusion that casual fans have towards arsenal. I just love how people call them bottles etc etc for being a selling club during stadium build with 4th highest wage bill as if they should be competing for title!?!. Shock theyre starting to win cups/challenge title when they spend more ?!?! who would have thought that ... lol 

just lol narratives all around

They need to win it though this year surely?

Chelsea will be miles better next season, Man. United under Mourinho will quickly become formidable again I'd suggest and obviously Man. City under Pep will be up there. Liverpool are too far behind but a couple of transfer windows under Klopp and he might produce a decent team.

If Arsenal don't win it this year then when do they win it. They would be 12 years without a league title, it's about time.

lol. ;)

easy to say now. +1 to villachris for starting walcott.

ox is stupid af as a footballer. no idea why he started instead of walcott. although  the +ve that ox has over walcott is magnified so much through campbell aka defensive contribution. (dont know if he was on bench though)

Edited by gharperr

Â