PieFacE

It would be,and whilst I stated he was the undisputed starter at the biggest club in the world...I think it would be horrible business.

He doesn't have a 1 in 2 for France and he doesn't have a 1 in 2 playing for a great side.

Whilst he has good all round attributes and contributes to the whole team...he isn't a big game player in my opinion, he isn't clinical enough and wouldn't be the difference between not winning the league and winning it.

Still infinitely better than Giroud though. Tough call.

hes marginally better than giroud lol well...just a bit better.

Giroud is still 3rd/4th best striker in the prem (depending on what rooney decides to do this year). And if benzema goes there..then he will probably be 3rd/4th best striker in the prem aswell

Edited by gharperr

Doesn't Giroud consistently do better for France than Benzema? I think Giroud doesn't get the credit he deserves. He is a very good striker. Giroud actually has a better goals to game ratio than Benzema. 

Giroud's touch and lack of pace gets found out  in the big games against tight defences. What I do like about him though is he's ruthless against bottom half teams so always ends up with 15 + goals a season.

I honestly don't think signing a striker is essential for Arsenal....Alexis will get 20 + goals no problem, Giroud with his 15, Walcott will get 10 if he gets enough minutes and people like Ozil, Ramsey and Cazorla will chip in from midfield so to me there's 50-60 goals right there.

What I can't understand is why they've just neglected DM. Coquelin has started this season seemingly trying to get sent off in every game he's played, maybe just a case of an average player had a good few months and is now reverting to his level.

There were good options, Schnderlein, Vidal. Willam Carvalho is still at Sporting Lisbon and will surely end up in the prem eventually. 

I think Giroud doesn't get the credit he deserves.

i think theres soooo many misconceptions about arsenal from the average footballing fan. 

I still dont understand why people keep saying stuff which was relevant to arsenal 3/4+ years ago as if everything is the same now. Its definitely why im most active itt.

fwiw i think giroud will get 20+ in the prem if he stays fit this season.

Edited by gharperr

i think theres soooo many misconceptions about arsenal from the average footballing fan. 

I still dont understand why people keep saying stuff which was relevant to arsenal 3/4+ years ago as if everything is the same now. Its definitely why im most active itt.

fwiw i think giroud will get 20+ in the prem if he stays fit this season

The average football fan doesn't spend all their time talking about another club ;)

• Like 1

xD rather talk about arsenal then.."westwood is shit. No hes good. No hes shit. not hes good" repeat 500x. Villa section goes in circles so much xD
Would happily talk about other teams if discussion was there to be had

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

I like Giroud and I think his vision and ability to be in the right place is under-rated and he is an excellent and natural finisher.  But he is limited to that.  A bit like a more effective Chicharito.  However, I do not think he is a truly top drawer striker.  He's a flat track bully which is why he'll always get a club like Arsenal 20 goals.  But if Arsenal are to win the big trophies and have someone who doesn't get controlled by their serious rivals then they need someone with a little extra.  Benzema probably has that.

I personally think the only thing stopping giroud from being an elite top10 striker in the world is his physicality (which is a shame but w/e). He just doesnt have the pace/power to do what saurez/aguero does and create something out of nothing in very very tight spaces for themselves. His linkup/onetouch passing/vision is very elite. Finishing is pretty good (it has been getting better since he come to the prem but its still good, think people have monaco game stuck in their head a bit too much recently). Heading is good but ofc this attribute becomes less important for teams that are more elite. Movement is also very elite

He just needs that ability to create something out of nothing which he cant do due to his size. But yeh he probably will need replacing soon but isnt really anybody about whos a significant upgrade to him for the money it costs. Benzema is probably the worst on the list of strikers that can be an upgrade to him

Edited by gharperr

i think theres soooo many misconceptions about arsenal from the average footballing fan.

He won't.

I was being a bit cruel, he is a nice striker. He has a nice finish in him...most the time, his touch is good and his all round game is solid and intelligent.

He is in a tean though that should be winning titles occasionally. Is he a Shearer, Cole, Yorke, Aguero, Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Wright, Costa, Drogba.

Hell no.

i think theres soooo many misconceptions about arsenal from the average footballing fan.

He won't.

Wont he? You sound pretty sure. Year on year improvement for goals for giroud (well pretty much all of his game). Last season missed the first 3/4 months due to injury and got 14 goals in 21app+6sub appearences. Dont think its that crazy to suggest he could hit 20 goals if he stayed fit all season.

Nobody is saying hes as good as any of them strikers

Edited by gharperr

He won't.

I was being a bit cruel, he is a nice striker. He has a nice finish in him...most the time, his touch is good and his all round game is solid and intelligent.

He is in a tean though that should be winning titles occasionally. Is he a Shearer, Cole, Yorke, Aguero, Van Persie, Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Wright, Costa, Drogba.

Hell no.

Decent list of players there except for Karl Henry and Mark Wright.

• 1 month later...
Â