PieFacE

Couldn't have a second favourite but I do have sides I respect and ones I wish well for. I'll be hoping Bournemouth have a good season for example (although a shit first game) and I find it hard to actively dislike the likes of Swansea.

Arsenal I have no such trouble disliking. Yes they can be great to watch at times and they have some superb players. But then they have that lying turd of a manager so they can go and rot. Having said that as a betting man I wouldn't write them off this season.

im not lol

well...villa fan. Just arsenal second favourite team

What makes sense now you think im an arsenal fan?

Your posts in this thread!

Fair enough. I don't mind Arsenal as a club, except to say most of their fans are rah-rah wallys.

Benteke is potentially better than Giroud but its still got to prove he can do it at a bigger club. Lets see how he goes at Liverpool this season! If Arsenal do sign Benzema then the argument that they should have signed Benteke has gone. 

• Like 1

i dont really see whats wrong with having a "second favourite team". i like watching arsenal so will always put them on unless villa are on. I wont ever be buying any of their shirts, merchandise or interact with their fans like i do here. I probably wont ever go to any of their games.

I want them to smash every team and win the league. Means villa are more likely to finish higher. And obviously want villa to beat them. 

Dont really see the problem or how its dirty. Liking another team doesnt mean it takes away my love for villa...
Doesnt make me any more or less of a fan than any of you guys

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

In England, the closest I have to a second team is Everton. Doesn't mean I don't wanna smash em 100-0 every game, but if I had to pick out the positions at the end of the season, they would be 2nd.

I don't have anything close to a second team, but as a wee lad in the early 90's watching division 1 football on central I always had a soft spot for Derby.

Till one of their fans bounced a brick off my head at VP.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 1

No problem with having a second team, it's just got to be someone really shitty like Alloa Athletic, Accrington Stanley, or WBA.

Like those folks who say their second team is Barcelona...I am not having it.

Yep dosen't sit right for me.

If you're going to have a second team then better for it to be a lower league one so you can go and watch them and give them money like Walsall. 

I agree he is better. I just don't think he is £32m better, especially if Arsenal are keeping their powder dry for a potential Benzema deal.

I didn't necessarily mean in place of Giroud but they would be better with Benteke, significantly better.

Wenger has through the arrival of Cech solved one of their big problems but they still have others, not least the fact they don't really have an alternative to Giroud as a central striker.

Giroud like Benteke has missed quite a bit of football these last 3 seasons so I think they need another option.

I just can't see them getting Benzema meanwhile a team that could be rival to them, unlikely as that may seem, have just strengthened themselves significantly with Benteke.

I think he made a mistake because it would have meant admitting he made an error not signing him the first time around after having looked at him so long.

Some teams I like more than others but there is nothing that even comes close to Villa for me, not even a little bit. Also having a second team in the same country seems kinda wrong for me, specially when it's the same league.

Loyalty is nearly non existant in players these days, I couldn't stomach it if came down to that for fans as well. Those cretins for pool or united is hard enough to bare.

Nothing wrong with having a soft spot but there is fine line here for me.

As for Arsenal, I don't think they will go on to push much further than they did last season. Cech was a much needed and an excellet buy but for me they are missing another striker and a more dominant midfielder. I think I have mentioned him before

but someone like Kondogbia.

Â