PieFacE

47 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

Arsenal fans actually tries to banter Villa fans on Twitter because Smith Rowe signed a new deal 🙄

It's when you know a club has reached full tinpot stature, flexing on clubs that were playing Rotherham away 3 years ago.

The club is done I tell you.

22 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Villa Twitter trolling of Arsenal fans this summer has been top drawer.

We’ve had them on hooks for weeks and it’s utterly hilarious. What a hilarious fan base. 

• Like 1

The reaction of the Arsenal fans speaks volumes about where that club is now, though I understand it. Not like they've had much to get excited about these past few seasons. Think ESR as potential but knowing that Bailey is available at a similar price, I know who I'd rather go with. That said, fascinating to see how ESR develops as I liked what moments I saw of him last season. 

22 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

The Ramsdale deal on the other hand just baffles me, paying WAY over the odds for him. Strange one that. 

Not strange at all. They've been doing it for 10 years . They haven't bought a player they made profit on since Ox a decade ago.

Edited by rodders0223

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Similar to SAF, with each season and transfer window it becomes more and more apparent how Wenger was carrying that club.

Wenger was holding us back blud, we be 5 times Champions League winners in a row when he leaves

• Like 1

On 18/07/2021 at 10:38, rodders0223 said:

£50m for Ben White. Not even that - just shows where they are as a club they need to pay through the nose for average Brighton defenders.

Club is absolutely dusted as a mild PL force. They are done. 

Depends on how you look at it in hindsight the Martinez signing looks worth it but you paid £20 million on a keeper that only played 15 games for arsenal and at 27 hadn’t played 100 games in his career most of which were in the lower league but at the time arsenal could have felt like you were paying way over the odds for a keeper that has barely played for them. But it as has worked out. 

just people think you’ve paid over the odds for buendia who didn’t exactly shine in the prem with norwich 

with white I’m certain he’ll prove to be money well spent so in the end arsenal will happy they did 

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

Not strange at all. They've been doing it for 10 years . They haven't bought a player they made profit on since Ox a decade ago.

although i agree.......as we live in a glass house in this regard, we should be careful lol.

5 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

although i agree.......as we live in a glass house in this regard, we should be careful lol.

Yes but we were ran terribly, Arsenal were a top 4 team. We will probably make a profit on Conor if we sell him at least 

38 minutes ago, BigRed said:

Depends on how you look at it in hindsight the Martinez signing looks worth it but you paid £20 million on a keeper that only played 15 games for arsenal and at 27 hadn’t played 100 games in his career most of which were in the lower league but at the time arsenal could have felt like you were paying way over the odds for a keeper that has barely played for them. But it as has worked out. 

just people think you’ve paid over the odds for buendia who didn’t exactly shine in the prem with norwich 

with white I’m certain he’ll prove to be money well spent so in the end arsenal will happy they did 

most arsenal fans were fuming when we signed him for such a relatively small amount. many believed him to be better than leno even back then. i didn't hear 1 person say we'd paid over the odds. awful example

• Like 1

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

most arsenal fans were fuming when we signed him for such a relatively small amount. many believed him to be better than leno even back then. i didn't hear 1 person say we'd paid over the odds. awful example

It's not over the odds because of how it has worked out but I think we did the right thing and I would do it again in the same situation.

Spending 30m on Ramsdale the summer after is a different story!

Arsenal as a football club are in a very interesting spot right now. Seem to be completely mismanaged from the top. I'm pretty certain Arteta isn't the manager to kick them on. Will be interesting to see how long he lasts if they start the season poorly. Can't see them getting anywhere near the top 4 for a long long time now. Though, football is surprising I guess.

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

Arsenal as a football club are in a very interesting spot right now. Seem to be completely mismanaged from the top. I'm pretty certain Arteta isn't the manager to kick them on. Will be interesting to see how long he lasts if they start the season poorly. Can't see them getting anywhere near the top 4 for a long long time now. Though, football is surprising I guess.

They're us under the end of Lerner but from a better starting position, they have a decent squad still and arteta isn't great but not as bad as people make out 

Kroenke has to go for them to do anything, apathy will eat them up 

Edited by villa4europe

31 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Spending 80m on White and Ramsdale.

Meanwhile down the road, Spurs, who are supposed to be in shambles are signing Romero and Gollini for 50.  

Romero and Gollini will be about 80 Mill aswell. 

Romero 50 mill

Gollini loan fee(8-10mill?) per year + 13-15mill permanent fee. 

Edited by KAZZAM
  • Like 1

Â