PieFacE

1 hour ago, KentVillan said:

Think a lot of Arsenal fans are going to get a big reality check this season.

I think thats the problem for Arsenal fans, the reality check hasnt set in.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

I though they were brassic? How can they be finding this money? Even if it is a mil a year for 100 years

A lot of myths is circulating around Arsenal and their debt, spread by people who don't fully understand the situation.

Not all debt is a bad debt. Most of arsenal's debt is long term and low interested. It's perfectly serviceable given their revenue.

Let me give you an example, most people in this country have mortgage that exceeds 5 times their yearly income and they are perfectly capable of paying it back and still spend on other things. Arsenal's debt is about 2-3 times theirs yearly revenue. Interest payments according to last published statements are only around £20mil. This is small in comparison to revenue of £350 mil. They are able to service it without a problem.

Their cash position at the end of the season was about £100 mil cash in the bank, that will be reinforced by now by resumption of season ticket sales again. 

They were hit hard by covid, but the worst is behind them now with the stadium opening again.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

What is the reality? 

I expect them to be slightly better than last season and finish around about the same, maybe a place higher 

Not seen mnay arsenal fans claiming much different, most think worse

The reality check will be villa fans claiming were now a bigger club and we have to finish above them, judging Smith if he doesn't rather than using reality and context of the season 

I think I read somewhere a month or so back that Arsenal were right up near the top two of the form chart for the second half of the season, which is why they finished higher than us after a very poor start to the season. Assuming they can maintain/pick up that form again, I sadly think Arsenal will be up in the top 6 more this season. We are going to need to improve again to challenge up there with them.

• Like 1

A lot of stories about Arsenal's debt must be incorrect as they are paying Brighton upfront for White.

They will be a major rival against us finishing top six this season.

Of course I do also hope they struggle and get relegated.

1 hour ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

A lot of stories about Arsenal's debt must be incorrect as they are paying Brighton upfront for White.

They will be a major rival against us finishing top six this season.

Of course I do also hope they struggle and get relegated.

Can you link the source where it says they paying whole White fee upfront?

I would be surprised if this is the case, nothing unique to arsenal, but vast majority of transfers nowadays have payments scheduled in tranches.

25 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Wasn't Ben White all in Brighton's kit launch? Shows why you can never put much stock in that.

It's a seriously daft idea. Clubs market their kits with popular players, and sometimes clubs sell their popular players.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

What is the reality? 

I expect them to be slightly better than last season and finish around about the same, maybe a place higher 

Not seen mnay arsenal fans claiming much different, most think worse

The reality check will be villa fans claiming were now a bigger club and we have to finish above them, judging Smith if he doesn't rather than using reality and context of the season 

The reality is that they can’t attract the calibre of players they think are available to them.

They think players like Grealish would even consider moving to them for longer than a nanosecond.

I think they’ll do ok next season, but it’s managed decline at the moment, and they are consistently buying high and selling low in the transfer market.

You’re right that a lot of Villa fans have unrealistic expectations, but we’ve all experienced failure and uncertainty recently, and know how quickly it can happen. Arsenal fans seem to think they have a god given right to perform at a certain level.

4 minutes ago, KentVillan said:

The reality is that they can’t attract the calibre of players they think are available to them.

They think players like Grealish would even consider moving to them for longer than a nanosecond.

I think they’ll do ok next season, but it’s managed decline at the moment, and they are consistently buying high and selling low in the transfer market.

You’re right that a lot of Villa fans have unrealistic expectations, but we’ve all experienced failure and uncertainty recently, and know how quickly it can happen. Arsenal fans seem to think they have a god given right to perform at a certain level.

They lost that right when they hounded out the one guy who made their entitlement even possible. They'd be no different to us or Everton or Spurs without Wenger.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NeilS said:

I think I read somewhere a month or so back that Arsenal were right up near the top two of the form chart for the second half of the season, which is why they finished higher than us after a very poor start to the season. Assuming they can maintain/pick up that form again, I sadly think Arsenal will be up in the top 6 more this season. We are going to need to improve again to challenge up there with them.

That's where I am too, if arsenals better players actually remember why they are paid £200k+ a week then they have a decent team

Their problem is they don't more often than not, they're a team that perform shitly rather than being a bunch of shit players

£43m and £180k a week lacazette... They're desperate for a Ollie Watkins, even if only 1 or 2 of them started playing like him they'd be a far better team 

Â