Steve Round

meme

8 minutes ago, Junxs said:

This has no bearing on the Bruce

If Bruce was going to be sacked it would have been a long time ago!

Could apply the same logic to Round getting sacked!

20 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

But but... The villa engine? What a load of bollocks that was.

Wot a load of old bollocks the whole appointment was. I was quite keen until I heard his first interview where he just waffled on without really saying anything.

3 hours ago, Junxs said:

This has no bearing on the Bruce

If Bruce was going to be sacked it would have been a long time ago!

Only if things are happening in a logical, ordered, way, which I doubt.

The Telegraph states that Round had shown the potential US investors (the £30M for 30% crowd) around BMH and was their contact within Villa.  My guess is that this undoubtedly has something to do with his dismissal (if it is true that Wyness was sacked for a similar reason).

As to why it has taken so long for this to come to light is unknown but it does seem a bit too coincidental for me.

• Like 1

On 04/07/2018 at 16:49, PieFacE said:

But but... The villa engine? What a load of bollocks that was.

What was the Villa Engine meant to have been?!

Think it was a steam engines that’s run out of steam and fallen off the tracks!

5 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

What was the Villa Engine meant to have been?!

Think it was a steam engines that’s run out of steam and fallen off the tracks!

Propaganda to suggest to the fans that plans were in place to get our act together and the club functioning as a proper football entity.

The reality seemingly being that the extent of the planning in regard to the Villa Engine, was the most basic research in what supporters desire there club to be modeled on.

I think it's pretty clear that the actions and words of Xia and Wyness were contradictory to their actions.

I'd go as far to say that there was nothing implemented in the mould of what was spouted in this Villa Engine, only the opposite.

On 05/07/2018 at 06:09, HanoiVillan said:

I have no idea how anyone at all on this site can pretend to know whether he did a good job or not. So many people confident he 'did nothing'. 

Exactly. 

This is basically how I feel about every member of staff beyond the playing staff and the manager. And maybe the owner. 

These threads are just full of people pretending they know what these people do, and then pretending they know whether they’ve done it well or not. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. 

This is basically how I feel about every member of staff beyond the playing staff and the manager. And maybe the owner. 

These threads are just full of people pretending they know what these people do, and then pretending they know whether they’ve done it well or not. 

While there's truth to what you're saying, I think it a little on the harsh side, and not because it might potentially offend someone, rather that supporters do have a loose idea of events, certainly enough to know if something is succeeding or not.

So even though the speculation and two cents can be touted with a little more conviction than it warrants, I wouldn't say it's beyond supporters to judge whether or not someone has fared well at the club. Am I a CEO? No. Have I read about what the roles and responsibilities are of a CEO, specific to football? I have. Do I know what transpired behind closed doors? Absolutely not. I think this would be applicable to the average supporter. They have some clue as to what's gone on, then the rest is left to the imagination.

Edited by A'Villan

Â