Steve Round

meme

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Exactly. 

This is basically how I feel about every member of staff beyond the playing staff and the manager. And maybe the owner. 

These threads are just full of people pretending they know what these people do, and then pretending they know whether they’ve done it well or not. 

You just know that 'we weren't promoted' is really the only thing these people are using to measure his performance, when we have no idea whether that was part of his remit or not. 

4 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

You just know that 'we weren't promoted' is really the only thing these people are using to measure his performance, when we have no idea whether that was part of his remit or not. 

I am surprised by this post from you, Hanoi.

Just to clarify you are talking about Round here?

Because Bruce's remit was definitely to push for promotion. And failing promotion is not the defining measure of his performance or main concern from a significant number of posters who object to his position at the club.

Edited by A'Villan

2 hours ago, A'Villan said:

I am surprised by this post from you, Hanoi.

Just to clarify you are talking about Round here?

Because Bruce's remit was definitely to push for promotion. And failing promotion is not the defining measure of his performance or main concern from a significant number of posters who object to his position at the club.

Yes, I'm talking about Round. What else are people basing these damning assessments of his performance on?

29 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, I'm talking about Round. What else are people basing these damning assessments of his performance on?

Oh my bad, I wasn't sure and thought it might be Bruce.

I wouldn't have a clue, I've not come across anything bashful yet.

All I've read is that he was the liaison between the party wanting to buy 30%, and then elsewhere the same thing except suggesting this was cause for his sacking.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yep. 

We weren’t promoted therefore every person at the club has done a bad job. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. 

We weren’t promoted therefore every person at the club has done a bad job. 

And of course, conversely, had we been promoted, everyone at the club (bar possibly the manager) would have been a genius and attained some form of folkloric status, kind of like how there are still people popping up in On Topic demanding that we bring back Steve Hollis to the club. 

5 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

And of course, conversely, had we been promoted, everyone at the club (bar possibly the manager) would have been a genius and attained some form of folkloric status, kind of like how there are still people popping up in On Topic demanding that we bring back Steve Hollis to the club. 

Are people really still praising Steve Hollis. The man who claimed we had half a dozen serious buyers and that Xia was the preferred choice and when the club was sold to Xia said "“I was given the job of the heavy lifting. The big job was to find a new owner. What you’ve seen is the culmination of my work.” 

Thanks Steve ☹️

• Like 1

Â