Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

I never judge a player on one game. But even tonight I thought he was pretty lethargic. He doesn't have the raw pace of a Tony Morley or the trickery of a Ashley Young. Not sure about that second assist by the way, looked like he fluffed a chance ,but luckily ,the ball fell to  Hourihan. I would prefer someone who can terrorise a full back, I just don't see it in Albert. But then, perhaps we don't have that player yet.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, meregreen said:

I never judge a player on one game. But even tonight I thought he was pretty lethargic. He doesn't have the raw pace of a Tony Morley or the trickery of a Ashley Young. Not sure about that second assist by the way, looked like he fluffed a chance ,but luckily ,the ball fell to  Hourihan. I would prefer someone who can terrorise a full back, I just don't see it in Albert. But then, perhaps we don't have that player yet.

He played a nice ball into Kodjia, who scuffed his shot, before it fell to Hourihane to score. 

21 minutes ago, LockStockVilla said:

He played a nice ball into Kodjia, who scuffed his shot, before it fell to Hourihane to score. 

Its actually Adomah who made a complete hash of the shot which fell to Hourihane (accidental assist). Kodjia pulled it back for Adomah.

According to the live commentary that is.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, meregreen said:

Ashley Young is/was a top end Premiership player. Nothing wrong in wanting that but we're a Championship club at present. Those players aren't in this league in the main. The challenge is to find the next one. 

Adomah has quality. He can score and assist. He has flaws no doubt but to expect him to be a Villa-era Young is seriously harsh imo. 

Marcus Maddison is someone I would love us to go for though. He has the ability and potential to make it all the way. 

Edited by Wezbid
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Its actually Adomah who made a complete hash of the shot which fell to Hourihane (accidental assist). Kodjia pulled it back for Adomah.

According to the live commentary that is.

Ah feck, I am blind, my bad :wacko:

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Got lucky with the 2nd one, but two more assists tonight. Now has twice as many as any other Villa player this season.

That's one way to look at it, another would be that he should be burying that chance, it was on a plate for him.

He's Championship standard. Capable of moments of brilliance interspersed with moments of laughable play. 2 assists are all well and good but one was an under hit cross that Kodjia did superbly to redirect and the other was a scuffed shot. 

He is what he is.

• Like 3

A good championship player. I definitely think though he would not be good enough at premier league level.

But I think he is a overall better player for where we are than had we stuck with Usain bolt wannabe adama 

Â