Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

I thought he was alright overall. But that's about it. He needs to take the ball further sometimes. We broke 3 on 3 with adomah on the ball wide and crosses it despite having about 15 yards between him and his man, take it closer, even try and take him on in that situation. Wasn't the only time he crossed far too early either. 

32 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

I thought he was alright overall. But that's about it. He needs to take the ball further sometimes. We broke 3 on 3 with adomah on the ball wide and crosses it despite having about 15 yards between him and his man, take it closer, even try and take him on in that situation. Wasn't the only time he crossed far too early either. 

I actually thought he again crossed too late. There were times when hogan made a run and if the ball was delivered he'd have a tap in, but Adomah took an extra touch and chance wasted.

• 2 weeks later...

I think he's rubbish. Had a few decent games to begin with but he's becoming so one dimensional. He doesn't try to beat his man, surprisingly lacks pace, and his end product is poor. Although, does work hard and defends well, so would be a good sub to bring on when trying to hang on to a lead. I'd probably move Green to the right hand side and play Amavi at left midfield.  

1 hour ago, KJT123 said:

I think he's rubbish. Had a few decent games to begin with but he's becoming so one dimensional. He doesn't try to beat his man, surprisingly lacks pace, and his end product is poor. Although, does work hard and defends well, so would be a good sub to bring on when trying to hang on to a lead. I'd probably move Green to the right hand side and play Amavi at left midfield.  

I agree your first part but disagree that he defends well. Time and time again today he was nowhere to be seen as Derby had 2 men rampaging down the wing unchallenged as Hutton had as he always does, been sucked into the middle. 

Adomah need to be more alert to this and ensure cover on the right side when Hutton has gone inside 

Having 2 players who are constantly abandoning their positions of the right meant Derby had a field day down their left. 

• Like 3

He was poor today but he is worth a starting place for a few games on the trot to see if he can start learning some proper link up play.

Like all our players the constant team and system changes mean he had little idea what service he's going to get and little idea what runs people will make.

3 hours ago, sidcow said:

I agree your first part but disagree that he defends well. Time and time again today he was nowhere to be seen as Derby had 2 men rampaging down the wing unchallenged as Hutton had as he always does, been sucked into the middle. 

Adomah need to be more alert to this and ensure cover on the right side when Hutton has gone inside 

Having 2 players who are constantly abandoning their positions of the right meant Derby had a field day down their left. 

So Alan Hutton can go wandering where he wants and it's Adomah's fault if that causes a goal. I actually thought Hutton, Adomah and everyone else did a great job defensively today.

Was probably Adomah's worst game for us going forward but that can happen for a winger. He'll have good and bad days and has done this season. 

• Like 1

The problem we have is that if we don't play him, we don't really have anyone else who can play down the right hand side - without the possibility of a second striker at the moment - he has to start - the only other solution I can think of would be a very narrow 4-1-3-1-1 formation.

He works his socks off and he a solid citizen - but if he gets a knock we're in trouble.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

The problem we have is that if we don't play him, we don't really have anyone else who can play down the right hand side - without the possibility of a second striker at the moment - he has to start - the only other solution I can think of would be a very narrow 4-1-3-1-1 formation.

He works his socks off and he a solid citizen - but if he gets a knock we're in trouble.

Agree with this. Also means when he's not having a good game it's difficult to bring him off as we lose all our width. Amazing how thin our squad is given the money we've spent to be honest!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, KJT123 said:

Pretty sure Bree could play right midfield. 

But we really don't want to be getting into having people play positions they're not natural at - Bree might be able to play right midfield, I'd have my doubts on that one, Amavi is more naturally attacking, but he's not a good left midfielder at all. We haven't got much in terms of natural width and with only one fit striker that's a big problem. Adomah is absolutely vital right now.

• Like 2

I'm not a fan. I think he looks languid on the ball and takes an extra half-second to sort his feet out when he receives it, which to me looks like poor technique. He's also not all that quick at getting forward, so pretty useless on a counter-attack. I'd prefer someone a bit more dynamic. 

Â