Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

40 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

But we wouldn't go for a world class payer, fail, bring in a Bristol City striker instead and put him on world class wages would we? Or is that we have done?

It's not like there is a queue of World class players itching to cut it in the Championship. We've gone for someone it probably hasn't come off, we've took an alternative option.

1 hour ago, avfcwills10 said:

What on earth are you two on about....? :huh:

I've got to agree...100% he is not on £110k a week and it's widely understood to be £15m with promotion and sell on clauses bumping it up.

£11m upfront is my understanding with it rising to £15m with promotion and a sell on clause on top of that...nowhere near £20m for the initial transfer 

Edited by wiggyrichard
Forgot something

8 minutes ago, AlwaysAVFC said:

It's not like there is a queue of World class players itching to cut it in the Championship. We've gone for someone it probably hasn't come off, we've took an alternative option.

Of course there isn't! So why did Tony think we could sign one? Or did he think that Hernandez was world class? If so then that is hilarious. And there was never going to be a world class signing. That's rather annoying after getting our hopes up. ;(

Edited by One For The Road

Just now, It's Your Round said:

Pour yourself a nice glass of single malt, kick your slippers off, sit back and relax. You'll get over it. 

We're signing players and getting rid of the losers. If we can't be happy about that then it's time to give up.

I just don't like our owner saying we were going to sign a world class player when we had no intention of doing so. We were intending to go after Abel Hernandez instead. I wouldnt care so much if I hadn't got excited about it.

At least we know to take what the doc days with a pinch of salt. 

Just now, One For The Road said:

I just don't like our owner saying we were going to sign a world class player when we had no intention of doing so. We were intending to go after Abel Hernandez instead. I wouldnt care so much if I hadn't got excited about it.

I'd be annoyed too if I really believed him. Definitely worth taking the tweets with a large dose of scepticism. I don't hold it against him, he's ambitious and eager to please. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Apparently Hernandez was all done but he changed his personal demands at the last minute which collapsed the deal

18 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Of course there isn't! So why did Tony think we could sign one? Or did he think that Hernandez was world class? If so then that is hilarious. And there was never going to be a world class signing. That's rather annoying after getting our hopes up. ;(

You've moaned about him from day one. 

If you genuinely believed it was going to be one of the top players in the world then that's your foolish fault. Most sensible people realised it was Hernandez being rated highly by Dr T and we went all out to try and sign him for the manager. 

• Like 3

Anyone who actually thought even for a second that we ( A championship club) were actually going to sign a world class player wants their head examined. Regardless of what Tony said I think 99.99% of the Villa following knew that wasn't possible.

• Like 1

I wish I was more excited by this signing, but i'm really just.... not? I don't know, I almost feel bad thinking that way after the shit we've been through in the last 5 years I just feel we've been massively ripped off. Maybe it's just because i've never seen him.

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

I wish I was more excited by this signing, but i'm really just.... not? I don't know, I almost feel bad thinking that way after the shit we've been through in the last 5 years I just feel we've been massively ripped off. Maybe it's just because i've never seen him.

Try thinking of it like this..... When everyone is fit Gestede sits on the bench now therefore I LOVE this signing :)

I still don't get why fans are upset about what we spent on him yet would be happy if got him on the cheap. Now if we had a budget and most of the budget was used on him then I'd understand why fans would be upset. But we've just signed 7 other player and are still trying to sign more. So again, who gives a shit what he cost?!

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I still don't get why fans are upset about what we spent on him yet would be happy if got him on the cheap. Now if we had a budget and most of the budget was used on him then I'd understand why fans would be upset. But we've just signed 7 other player and are still trying to sign more. So again, who gives a shit what he cost?!

I think because we're all so heavily invested in Villa we don't like to see the club lose out (get mugged off) to another club over £.

I guess it's similar to not wanting your Nan to get ripped off at Aldi, if she over pays she's still able to go back the next week and do her shopping but it's just a little bit shit. Especially when she could have gone to Waitrose and got something better for the same (or less). For example, if we had this much money to spend on a quick strike partner for McCormack i'd rather us have got Gayle, who incidentally was cheaper. 

He's probably the only signing we've made this summer where I've been a bit underwhelmed. I think that this has a lot more to do with my expectations and the way I'd built up that we were getting a top (not world class) striker on the back of Tony's tweets and other business over the summer.

I'd be very happy if I was made to eat my words come next May though. 

1 minute ago, avfcwills10 said:

I think because we're all so heavily invested in Villa we don't like to see the club lose out (get mugged off) to another club over £.

I guess it's similar to not wanting your Nan to get ripped off at Aldi, if she over pays she's still able to go back the next week and do her shopping but it's just a little bit shit. Especially when she could have gone to Waitrose and got something better for the same (or less). For example, if we had this much money to spend on a quick strike partner for McCormack i'd rather us have got Gayle, who incidentally was cheaper. 

But Newcastle have already signed Gayle and we were unable to sign Hernendez for whatever reason. The way I see it is I would rather we signed Kodija then no striker at all. Which is what would have happened in the past. On that basis I'm over the moon. 

47 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Woosah.gif

Â