The Championship thread

TrentVilla

2 hours ago, markavfc40 said:

This seems a bit harsh for me. He has taken 42 points in 26 games which is pretty much play off place form over a season. They have had a poor run, losing something like 5 of the last 10 I think, but it is not a dire one and not one deserving of the sack.

They will now be on their forth manager in 10 months. 

Victim of "success". If he'd have done a steady job over the season and they were in this position he wouldn't have been sacked IMO. But as soon as you have a stretch like they did, winning and not conceding many, it becomes expectation. 

• Like 1

So apparently the official Championship team of the season is out, with 8 games remaining of the season :wacko:

Anyway here it is, hardly surprising it doesn't contain any Villa players.

C7WRbbeXkAAIobJ.jpg

Hourihane could probably feel a bit unlucky in my view for his Barnsley displays

I didnt expect any from our squad if honest but next season i expect at least a majority of team is Villa players

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Looking like a fight between Wednesday and Fulham for 6th place. That said, could Derby sneak in there given their recent form? 

Itll be interesting to see who is left once the 3 teams have gone up, as they will likely be our main competition next season. 

Utter madness reffing at the Newcastle game. Ref gave the penalty to Newcastle, they score and then the ref blows a gives a freekick to Burton just to the right of the penalty spot. 

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Utter madness reffing at the Newcastle game. Ref gave the penalty to Newcastle, they score and then the ref blows a gives a freekick to Burton just to the right of the penalty spot. 

Comedy sounds like

1 hour ago, Daniel said:

Just watched this, ref has had an absolute shocker. 

Newcastle score but ref believes other Newcastle player had encroached the area before it was struck. 

Rules state it should be retaken, ref decided to give an indirect free kick to Burton. Proper cock up.

• Like 1

That's a huge mistake, but it's not half as baffling as people are making out. Stelling on Sky Sports couldn't seem to wrap his tiny brain around it even though people were telling him what happened.

Seems obvious what happened. Gayle encroached (and he did encroach), the ref penalised him for it, but gave the wrong outcome.
It's a big mistake, but it's as simple as that.

Â