The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Guys I just had a thought...

If it comes to title final game of the season for the title, Newcastle are going to want a favour from us ...

Let's see if that shite site the mag will still be talking negatively about us if that were to happen

Newcastle were much the better team and only for Stockdale they'd have won far more comfortably.  As it was, they left it late, but a deserved victory and credit to them.

Just now, BOF said:

Newcastle were much the better team and only for Stockdale they'd have won far more comfortably.  As it was, they left it late, but a deserved victory and credit to them.

See I saw it differently I think up until Newcastle scored Brighton were on top. At best Newcastle deserved a point.

I expect them to secure the title now. It's a shame but no unexpected 

4 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

They've got a couple of easy-ish games coming up over the next week or so, which they absolutely need to capitalise on. 

Only Rotherham. Other 3 are Ipswich, Brentford and a very inform Fulham away.

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Only Rotherham. Other 3 are Ipswich, Brentford and a very inform Fulham away.

Yeah, I was meaning Rotherham and Ipswich. I know Ipswich aren't a joke, but they'll have to beat a couple of good teams at this point. 

Ipswich have picked up a lot lately although they draw a lot.

Brentford are more unpredictable but we saw what they did to us when in the mood.

Wolves in massive trouble if they don't get at least 4 points over the next week.

18 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Ipswich have picked up a lot lately although they draw a lot.

Brentford are more unpredictable but we saw what they did to us when in the mood.

Wolves in massive trouble if they don't get at least 4 points over the next week.

Against us is their only win in 9 games - but sure, "unbeaten in 6".

18 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Against us is their only win in 9 games - but sure, "unbeaten in 6".

They draw away to Brighton, Norwich, home draw v Reading and Leeds.

They've just had a very tough run of games against the top 10 so I'd say not losing a game in that sequence is pretty good.

Nailed on Wolves win now I've said all this!

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yeah, I was meaning Rotherham and Ipswich. I know Ipswich aren't a joke, but they'll have to beat a couple of good teams at this point. 

i expect McCarthy get the lads pumped up for the Wolves game :)

Â