The Championship thread

TrentVilla

OK Bacuna's red slightly blots the copybook, but we have really improved our discipline in recent games.

In the past 6 games we have only amassed 3 yellow cards, and 2 of those were against Bristol City.

Compare that to our first 6 league games of the season where we collected 23 (TWENTY THREE) yellow cards :o:lol:

Wolves are in trouble. They've only won 2 league matches since December of last year (one of those was against us). They are 1 point above Bristol now. Luckily for Wolves, they still have to play Rotherham, Blackburn, and Bristol so their fate is really in their hands, but they did recently play Wigan at home and lost. Players apparently are backing Lambert, but I am not sure if they can do it. 

On 04/03/2017 at 23:46, HanoiVillan said:

Ipswich's problem is that they just don't score enough, which is why they then draw so many games 0-0 or 1-1. 

Their last 4 league games :lol:

4f2eb083b096887f46fb5bfce8943248.png

I might put a bet on them...

• Like 1

Today on 'Statistical curiosities and anomnomnomolies' we have :

Ipswich have now matched our record this season of 5 consecutive draws :)

Wigan have the 5th most amount of clean sheets in the league (12) despite sitting 23rd in the table.

Derby County have the most amount of home clean sheets (11) despite being 10th in the league.  Reason being, they've failed to score in 15 games this season, which is worse than everyone bar Wigan (17).

Aston Villa have failed to score in 11 away games this season which is the worst record in the entire division.  Rotherham have failed in only 10.

Wolves have the 5th best away defence in the league despite sitting 21st in the table.  Wigan (23rd) are 8th in away defence.

Newcastle only have the 9th best home defence in the league despite being league leaders.

4 hours ago, Zatman said:

Fulham are schooling Newcastle at St.James Park :blink:

The best thing about it is hopefully comes to last game and then I lookforward to 'the rag'  anti villa site with their tail between their legs asking villa for a favour.

I would actually consider not mind losing the game if it meant Brighton winning the title over Newcastle 

1 hour ago, Demitri_C said:

The best thing about it is hopefully comes to last game and then I lookforward to 'the rag'  anti villa site with their tail between their legs asking villa for a favour.

I would actually consider not mind losing the game if it meant Brighton winning the title over Newcastle 

To be honest, as long as Newcastle are in the top 2 I doubt they will really care much about winning the league . They feel like they are a premier league club and they will be next season. 

• Like 1

This seems a bit harsh for me. He has taken 42 points in 26 games which is pretty much play off place form over a season. They have had a poor run, losing something like 5 of the last 10 I think, but it is not a dire one and not one deserving of the sack.

They will now be on their forth manager in 10 months. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

This seems a bit harsh for me. He has taken 42 points in 26 games which is pretty much play off place form over a season. They have had a poor run, losing something like 5 of the last 10 I think, but it is not a dire one and not one deserving of the sack.

They will now be on their forth manager in 10 months. 

The Derby chairman seems a bit of a control freak

• Like 1

Â