The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Meanwhile, in Bristol

Bristol City players to refund fans after 5-0 loss to Preston North End

_95475554_bristolcity.jpg

The loss, the Robins' heaviest in a competitive game since 2011, left the club one point above the Championship relegation zone with six games to play.

The 386-mile round trip from Bristol to Deepdale was made by 312 Bristol City supporters.

The Ashton Gate club are 21st in the table, having lost 18 and won just four of their past 29 league games.

I'm still wondering where on earth they pulled that 4-0 win against Huddersfield out of the other week.

10 minutes ago, BOF said:

It IS obvious what happened.  Where's the confusion?

Honestly, search out the Stelling footage. Must be on Sky Sports website as that's where I saw it.

They can't comprehend it. At one point they're suggesting there was a foul. Which is impossible because the ball is dead.

Then whenever someone says "it was given for encroachment", Stelling says "YEAH BUT THEN THEY WOULD HAVE A RETAKE!!!1111!"

9 minutes ago, BOF said:

Meanwhile, in Bristol

I'm still wondering where on earth they pulled that 4-0 win against Huddersfield out of the other week.

Huddersfield are capable of that though.

I was at craven Cottage back in October when they got spanked by Fulham 5-0 and they were utter turd that day.

8 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Honestly, search out the Stelling footage. Must be on Sky Sports website as that's where I saw it.

They can't comprehend it. At one point they're suggesting there was a foul. Which is impossible because the ball is dead.

Then whenever someone says "it was given for encroachment", Stelling says "YEAH BUT THEN THEY WOULD HAVE A RETAKE!!!1111!"

Linky

Toon penalty disallowed!

Matt Ritchie converted a penalty for Newcastle at St James' Park against Burton but it was ruled out and a free-kick awarded to Burton.

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Huddersfield are capable of that though.

I was at craven Cottage back in October when they got spanked by Fulham 5-0 and they were utter turd that day.

Yeah until the Bristol game that was their one hiding this season.  They're usually tight as a nun's gooter.

41 minutes ago, BOF said:

Meanwhile, in Bristol

It was on telly on the players we're putting themselves in the shop window.

i have a colleague at work who supports city who says Johnson lost the dressing room months ago but the chairman won't sack him as he only recently awarded him a new contract.

the players aren't playing for the manager (similar to Leicester) but showed what they could do on sky.... 

47 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

If we were to finish 6th I would want Huddersfield finishing 3rd as I think we would beat them over two legs 

To be honest if we finish 6th it'll mean we've won a minimum of 12 from 14 games and I'll fear absolutely no-one :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BOF said:

To be honest if we finish 6th it'll mean we've won a minimum of 12 from 14 games and I'll fear absolutely no-one :)

Valid point but knowing villa as we do we would do all the hard work getting there and blow it as both legs would be on tv!

On 6 April 2017 at 22:50, VillaChris said:

Surely Reading would be the obvious team given they somehow lost to us at home.

After their humiliation today I dint think they are going up. I think derby are going to do it or Leeds 

19 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

After their humiliation today I dint think they are going up. I think derby are going to do it or Leeds 

Reading looked really good against Leeds last week. They're very inconsistent. 

Dwight Gayle could miss the rest of the season.  The only remaining piece of schadenfreude I can take from their season is if they're beaten to the title by Brighton.  So I guess I'll have to root for that.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Not with Benitez in charge. He'll grind out enough results.

I think the money plus Benitez have to go together. If not given a budget he might walk before season starts. Except Ritchie and Shelvey the rest are far from Premier League quality.

Â