The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Leeds are looking good but I think they are peaking now. We haven't peaked. I think should we hit some form and somehow manage to get in play offs I think we can beat them. Especially now we have signed a host of winners and potential game changers

Leeds have a team.  At the moment we have individuals.  That's what we need to focus on now.  The talent is clearly there.  How long that will take will ultimately determine our season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BOF said:

Leeds have a team.  At the moment we have individuals.  That's what we need to focus on now.  The talent is clearly there.  How long that will take will ultimately determine our season.

You are right. For too long we have played like individuals now we need to start performing like a team. As unpopular as lambert was we haven't been playing like a team since the first few seasons he was here 

There are Championship matches on each of these days coming up

28/01 - 5 matches
31/01 - 7
01/02 - 3
02/02 - 1
03/02 - 1
04/02 - 9
05/02 - 2
07/02 - 1
10/02 - 1
11/02 - 11

e2b.png

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Championship strugglers Blackburn Rovers have appointed Tony Mowbray as their new head coach, a day after Owen Coyle left the club by mutual consent.

The 53-year-old was last in charge of League One side Coventry and has previously been boss of Middlesbrough, Celtic, West Brom and Hibernian.

He takes over a Rovers side 23rd in the table, three points from safety with 15 games remaining this season.

Mowbray's first match in charge will be at Burton Albion on Friday.

David Lowe, 51, will move up from his position with the academy to become assistant manager, while ex-Blackburn midfielder David Dunn, 37, has been made first team coach.

Former Wigan, Bolton and Burnley boss Coyle, 50, left after eight months in charge at Ewood Park, having won just 11 of 37 games.

Mowbray is the seventh permanent manager appointed by Rovers since the takeover of the club by Venky's in November 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39053428

How do these people continue to get jobs?

How?
They are a direct rival and it still makes me angry.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

How do these people continue to get jobs?

How?
They are a direct rival and it still makes me angry.

football management, the only job in the world you can be crap and still get hired

funny you dont hear the media criticise this merry go round but if Blackburn had hired a foreign manager their be uproar

48 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Brighton are fantastic what a team to watch. Hope they win the league.

A team I hugely enjoy watching at this level. 

I agree 

It's a well run club, they play well as a team and know the system.

When they are off the ball they switch into a 4-5-1 and press higher which can force a quick counter. Houghton has done a great job there.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Brighton are fantastic what a team to watch. Hope they win the league.

A team I hugely enjoy watching at this level. 

They looked outstanding yesterday

Yet if you put that entire team in Villa shirts they probably be rubbish!

On 26/02/2017 at 12:34, HanoiVillan said:

I do get that you're being sarcastic, but Jansson will be playing in the PL next season with or without Leeds. One of the 3 or 4 best players in the division. 

Isn't he on loan at Leeds from some Italian side?

Â