The Championship thread

TrentVilla

Just now, Demitri_C said:

:mrgreen:

Think Huddersfield have the momentum now fancy them to do it. Just goes to show, being the stronger side doesn't automatically mean your going to win the play offs . I really did think Fulham were going to do it

Yep I'm not sure whether this year was atypical or whether it's just because I've taken more interest in it for obvious reasons, but I said at the time that a case could genuinely be made for all 4 candidates going up.  I'm not sure it's usually that strong a line-up.  Also, as you say, usually 'the form team' has an advantage but this season there were genuinely 3 form teams in the playoffs and the one that wasn't was because they consciously rested for it.  I think this was a really tough year.  And I will NOT be betting on the final ! :D 

1 minute ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

So Reading vs Huddlesfield, two utter shite teams slugging it out for a place in the Premier League. Just goes to show what a **** shambles we are. 

And just to add fuel to the possession fire, that's 2nd versus 3rd in the possession table this season.  Only Fulham had more.  Newcastle & Brighton were 4th & 8th.  We were 19th.

• Like 1

Just now, BOF said:

And just to add fuel to the possession fire, that's 2nd versus 3rd in the possession table this season.  Only Fulham had more.  Newcastle & Brighton were 4th & 8th.  We were 19th.

Yes confirms the eye ball test that our football is both shite and ineffective. 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Huddersfield will win which is a shame. They will be labeled the new Bournemouth and somehow survive in the prem. 

I'm still amazed at how unfancied Reading are :D

Finished 3rd, beaten the team many thought would win the playoffs... now most people seem to think Huddersfield will win the final!

31 minutes ago, bobzy said:

I'm still amazed at how unfancied Reading are :D

Finished 3rd, beaten the team many thought would win the playoffs... now most people seem to think Huddersfield will win the final!

Betting to go up is as near as damn it all square.  Huddersfield are 5/6 (1.83) & Reading are 10/11 (1.91) so Wagner's men are marginal favourites.  Although interestingly, to win it in 90 minutes the betting becomes 13/10 (2.3) versus 9/4 (3.25), so the bookie doesn't give Reading much chance of doing it in normal time.  That might be the value bet to go for if you fancy them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Looks like Silva is leaving Hull which is probably good news for us

Can see Pardew taking over or Pearson 

Hull will struggle anyway. owner seems to have no interest and Silva was only reason they even had a fight to stay up

On 2017-5-25 at 15:05, Demitri_C said:

I reckon he is off to Sunderland 

From the mad house at Leeds to the sinking ship that is Sunderland? Its thats the case, you knock the the bloke for taking on a challenge.

3a5.jpg

Â