Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

45 minutes ago, markavfc40 said:

I listened to his interview in full with AVTV earlier and it must be one of the most impressive interviews I have heard from a player. His leadership qualities shone through. No f in about. No generic bullshit answers. I am in no doubt he will never give less than 100% when he pulls on our shirt and he will demand the same from those around him.

We have lacked a leader in the middle of the park for years but we certainly have one now. This will prove to be the best signing we make this summer not just in terms of what he can give us in his own performances but what he can bring out in those around him.

Absolutely agree. As calmly spoken as he is, manliness just oozes from him. I don't mean that in a patronising whatever-the-opposite-of-feminism-is way, but more in the sense that as a fellow male I sense qualities in him that inspire me. 

I mean yes, I want to curl up in his big strong arms at the end of a long day, but at the same time I'd follow such a man into battle. He's pure warrior and combined with Elphick's more extroverted leadership style I trust that we are in safe hands. 

• Like 4

As most of you know, I assume, Mile is of Croatian-Australian descent. My Croatian friend has confirmed, beyond any doubt, that it is pronounced "Meelay Yedinak".

Laid to rest. Though she also said Mile is not derived from Michael at all, it's an old school Bosnian name, so she has no idea why he uses it adding that looking at him he can do whatever the **** he likes. Both with his name and to her. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

I'd say there's a possibility that he uses Mile simply because that's his real name amongst family and friends. Not the first time proud parents decides on a name for their newborn, but then officially register the child with a similar name that wouldn't seem out of place in a 'new' country (even after several generations),.

1 hour ago, Jareth said:

Guys, he is an aussie, and aussies are called Mike, not Mile, but Mike - like guy pearce's character in neighbours.

I trust that puts this matter to bed.

Not Bruce then. Shit, been getting it wrong all these years!

Obviously it's difficult, nay impossible, to posit an alternate reality I which certain things had turned out differently, but I think if we had signed Mile two years ago, then we wouldn't have been relegated and we would've been a much stronger side for it. Like I say that's conjecture but I feel it to be likely, but with no way of verifying my assumption I'll shut up now. 

4 hours ago, Jareth said:

Guys, he is an aussie, and aussies are called Mike, not Mile, but Mike - like guy pearce's character in neighbours.

I trust that puts this matter to bed.

Or Shane of course. I believe that may be Mile's middle name 

Â