Mile Jedinak

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He has been absolutely monumental for us mate.

Extreme losing run coincided with his absence.

Winning streak has coincided with the opposite.

Barks orders around, wins absolutely everything in the air, and even stood out at Centre Back for us in a couple of games when we were shot of defensive options.

Absolute rock and Leader.

great to hear!!!

first few games that he played which was shown live here, he seemed to turn the ball over quite a bit which explained the negative feedback earlier in this thread.  But credit to him, has always been solid for the national team so not surprised that this has turned out well for the club 

6 minutes ago, Skills said:

great to hear!!!

first few games that he played which was shown live here, he seemed to turn the ball over quite a bit which explained the negative feedback earlier in this thread.  But credit to him, has always been solid for the national team so not surprised that this has turned out well for the club 

Well he still have those tendencies lol, however it seems to be usually more down to when he is fatigued.

He still turns the ball over quite a lot, but he wins the ball from the opposition a hell of a lot more so he's worth his place in the team.

With players like Lansbury next to him he's not being relied on to pass as much which is definitely helping.

He's one of the first names on the teamsheet for me

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Skills said:

great to hear!!!

Welcome back, Skillsy!

Yes, he has definitely become the player that we were expecting when we signed him.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I would like to hear from those who said he was a terrible signing and a terrible player. Not for point scoring purposes, I'm just intrigued as to what they think now. 

I was one of those people, my main critique was that I didn't think he would work in a 2 man CM because of his movement and passing.

Sadly I haven't been able to watch more than about 2 in 10 of the last couple of games as we're not on the telly anymore so I can't really comment in detail on how he's performing.

Seen to be doing well by all accounts.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I would like to hear from those who said he was a terrible signing and a terrible player. Not for point scoring purposes, I'm just intrigued as to what they think now. 

I still think I'd like us to play 2 up top and not sure Jedinak fits into a 2-man central midfield as he cannot move around enough or retain possession well enough.

However, he's become a lot more commanding as he's settled at the club.  Rather than being off the pace, unable to pass and unenthusiastic when going for the ball he now copes with being off the pace and wins the majority of anything coming his way.  His passing is still woeful, mind.

All part of the settling process I think and I was too early on saying he was a poor player.  I do think that converting him to centre back may be the only way to prolong his stay in our first team after this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

When he first signed I genuinely thought we got a right dud. He could barely move, looked about 3 yards off the pace, kept giving the ball away constantly.

Not sure what type of pre-season he had, but he looked well off imo when we first signed him.

Now he's absolutely crucial for us, Chester, Jedinak and Kodjia are our three best players. If any one of those are missing I fear for us. Jedi has been immense since returning against Newcastle. We could do with a younger Jedi next season though  as he won't be able to play as much. 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, AJ said:

Welcome back, Skillsy!

Yes, he has definitely become the player that we were expecting when we signed him.

thank you!

kind of disappeared for a while (like the team) but now with daylight savings over with, games are watchable again albeit midnight lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Skills said:

thank you!

kind of disappeared for a while (like the team) but now with daylight savings over with, games are watchable again albeit midnight lol

Not many understand my joy at the end of daylight savings, don't get me wrong I enjoy the extra sunshine. 

Its all about the football!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Zatman said:

I know people get offended when you criticise this guy but its no coincidence he looks a hell of a lot better without bloody Ashley Westwood in midfield

Very true.

Jedi playing alongside Lansbury and or Hourihane rather than Westy, Gardner or as it was a few times alone in midfield is IMO the biggest reason for his improvement in form.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Skills said:

not sure I would want him in the defence, haven't seen him play enough there to make a good call on that but his pace or lack of could be an issue at the back

What he is doing for us is fantastic.....whether to Aussie manager wants to play him the same way is another talking point.

He hasn't got the legs to play a traditional midfield role or perhaps the passing skills.

but DM Colossus.......He us our Spartacus.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Zatman said:

I know people get offended when you criticise this guy but its no coincidence he looks a hell of a lot better without bloody Ashley Westwood in midfield

It's not really a Westwood thing, it's just a "better player" thing. 

Jedinak is playing alongside better players so he looks better. More specifically players that do the attacking passes so that he doesn't have to.

If Jedinak played in a midfield 3 with Gardner and Tshibola now, then he'd look poor again because he'd be playing alongside crap players

On 4/5/2017 at 08:54, sne said:

I was one of those people, my main critique was that I didn't think he would work in a 2 man CM because of his movement and passing.

Sadly I haven't been able to watch more than about 2 in 10 of the last couple of games as we're not on the telly anymore so I can't really comment in detail on how he's performing.

Seen to be doing well by all accounts.

I don't think you are wrong and still don't.....but the role he plays for us, he is the catalyst of the team.

We have been without this kind if player for many moons, hence the label " soft under belly"

Its working ........in terms of points.

• Like 2

He needs to quit international football and we need to buy an adequate understudy so he can have a break now and then. The poor bloke looks totally shagged in some games at around the 70th minute mark.

There's no denying the immense value he brings to the team in challenges, heading and reading the play, but expecting the guy to play 46 or hopefully 38 :P league games next season is a bit unreasonable.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, New_Jersey_Villa said:

He needs to quit international football and we need to buy an adequate understudy so he can have a break now and then. The poor bloke looks totally shagged in some games at around the 70th minute mark.

There's no denying the immense value he brings to the team in challenges, heading and reading the play, but expecting the guy to play 46 or hopefully 38 :P league games next season is a bit unreasonable.

Don't think that will be happening until after the World Cup or we fail to qualify for the World Cup.

I certainly don't advocate him retiring from international football, not just yet. He plays a similar role for Australia as he does for Villa, and if he retired, that would leave a huge gap to fill.

Â